Egotistic

Roommates

After the dinner with Sana she never saw the girl during the whole weekend, even Mina and Momo wasn’t hanging out with her either. She’s too shy to text Sana but she also misses the girl it’s been a week since they hang out together or even at the Apartment, The girl would always stay at her room, avoiding Dahyun. She doesn’t even know what she had done to make the older girl upset.

 

It’s Sunday afternoon and she was too bored, she hasn’t replied the last text of Momo, she was chilling on the couch and it only means Sana’s inside her room, she would come out just to drink water or get something from the kitchen she haven’t even seen her eat, she would always try to invite her to eat but the girl would just ran inside her room, locking herself.

 

She had just finished making her research work that’s due tomorrow so now she’s off the hook to any school responsibilities. She’s looking at her roommate’s door, contemplating If she should knock and invite her to eat pizza or ramen for dinner but she’s also too shy, wondering what she had done wrong. She ruffled her hair in annoyance, looking at the broken piano and music sheets in front of her.

 

“I hate this kind of Sunday” she whispers.. grunting at the thought that the past four months with Sana her weekends were always fun.

 

“I miss you..” she suddenly thought.. shaking her head while blushing, she looked at her roommate’s door. She misses Sana, she missed being spoiled with Attention. She slumped back in the couch heard crunches of plastics, it was the chocolate she got from Sana, she wasn’t familiar with the brand but she likes it.

 

She opened the chocolate bar, removing the foil, she took a bite. She never thought that even eating a chocolate couldn’t make her happy, Sulking at the thought that Sana is upset with her. She was fiddling with her hands, frowning like a kid. What she doesn’t know, Sana was looking at her, taking a peek from her door.

 

Dahyun ate half of the chocolate bar and decided to play her composition. She started off by gently pressing the keys. Closing her eyes feeling the melody of the music but then when she moved her hand to press a different chord the music was kinda off, the broken key she thought. She continued playing but every time the music is off tune her brows will furrow.

 

Sana was looking from afar, taking a peek from her door. She misses Dahyunnie but she’s still too upset with her. She decided to go out of her room, standing behind the couch.. contemplating whether she’ll talk to Dahyun or ignore her for another day. The pale girl was too immersed practicing her piece, making her more upset.. Dahyun wasn’t even looking at her, letting her presence be known the pale girl  who was too immersed with her music.

 

Dahyun turned around, locking eyes with Sana. It was a good thirty seconds of eye contact reading each other’s feelings through eyes. “My mother says, the window to your soul is your eyes! And I think that’s the reason I like looking at people’s eyes, most especially—yours” she remembered what Sana said to her few weeks ago when they went to Han River watching as the sky turns from a mix hue of orange and pink. She remembered how her smile seems to brighten the whole place like the Sun. Seeing her now, her Sun seems to set and the night seems longer. She was about to say something but Sana looked away, walking to the kitchen to get some water her lips were dry, she loss some weight in just a span of seven days.

 

Dahyun can only follow her by staring, sighing again. She went inside her room instead leaving her stuff scattered around the coffee table unlikely of herself. It went on like that for four days, as if they’re strangers. Watching each other from a distance, Dahyun loaded herself with too much paper works and taking longer shifts than the usual—taking the late shifts for the past four days.

 

“Unnie, have you talked to her?” Tzuyu asked looking at her friend writing stocks supplies in the back room.

 

“I haven’t, she doesn’t wanna talk to me. She’s clearly avoiding me” trying to reach the to-go cups from the top shelf, Tzuyu sighs reaching it for her shorter friend

 

“Thank you”

 

“I don’t want to push myself to her, I don’t want her to think that I’m too desperate” Dahyun clearly got hurt by Sana’s behavior.

 

“You’re not desperate, look! Maybe you did something that made her upset” Tzuyu followed her to the other side of the room helping her unnie to restock the coffee beans on the top shelf

 

“That’s the problem” she turned to face her friend making her almost bump the other

 

“I didn’t do anything, or maybe— I didn’t know what made her upset” She started to walk around again dragging her small ladder

 

“Which! I tried to reach out but she was avoiding me” she added raising one finger to elaborate

 

“Because you’re so dense” Tzuyu muttered under her breath.

 

“Hmm? What was that?” Dahyun turn around

 

“I said, maybe If you dig in deeper.. you’ll know why” Tzuyu suggested aware of Sana’s feelings towards her friend

 

“What? I didn’t do anything urggghh” she groaned.

 

“Or maybe! You’re such a dense Spoiled Tofu, that’s why” Chaeyoung said handing Dahyun A carton of coffee beans.

 

Tzuyu widen her eyes to Chaeyoung, warning her to be careful. Chaeyoung just gestured “What?”

 

“Why am I dense? What do you mean? I don’t understand, shawty” Chaeyoung stopped walking turning around a furious looking cub as what she describes her friend, Dahyun stepped back bumping Tzuyu in that matter

 

“I said SHAWTY not Shor—“ Dahyun clarified

 

“Don’t, just don’t say it” Chaeyoung with heavy steps

 

“She’s sensitive, unnie. Height problems” Tzuyu whispers

 

“I heard you, Yoda! I can hear you!” Chaeyoung yelled from the other side of the room. It’s a slow day so the Manager told them to arrange the whole storage room.

 

Both women snickers, leaving the sensitive cub inside. They went out to restock some coffee cups in the bar area. Dahyun stopped from walking holding her head.

 

“Headaches again?” Yuri her Manager.

 

“Yeah, but I’m fine” she denied

 

“You’ve been working too much this week Dahyun-ah. It’s your fourth straight shift and you’ve been working 10 hours per shift, are you really that in-need of money?” With a hint of concern, Yuri rubbing Dahyun’s back in circle, Yuri is one of the owner of the cafe where she’s working at.

 

“I can lend you some If you want?” She smiled at her making Dahyun blush, Yuri is indeed a girl crush.

 

“Nah, I’m good Miss Yuri, I’m just—“ she got cut-off by a small person

 

“She’s avoiding someone, What I mean by someone is her roommate!” She held Chaeyoung’s mouth.Yuri chuckled.

 

“Oh, The Japanese Rich girl?” Yuri said chuckling, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s eyes were wide. Thinking of something to cover it up.

 

“Yeah, She’s so rich for giving Unnie lots of Chocolates” Tzuyu pulling Dahyun while Chaeyoung shook her head to Yuri with pleading eyes. Thank God for Yuri’s fast pick-up even if she’s confused.Picking up the situation.

 

“Oh yeah, she’s definitely Rich for giving her roommate lots of Love too, yeah” she said smiling while looking both at Tzuyu and Chaeyoung

 

“I guess? She’s pretty famous too” Dahyun shrugged leaving the three, going back to the storage room.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu explained what’s the situation but not elaborating any further information to Yuri, they are glad that Yuri understands.

 

Afternoon came, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung left at 4PM but Dahyun asked her manager Yuri to let her have a 10 hours shift again. She usually has 6-8 hours shift depending on the Café’s operation. Yuri sighed and agreed but asked Dahyun to take lesser shifts next week and take an Off tomorrow. She agreed to it since she has classes for tomorrow plus a remedial class.

 

“Dahyun, you’re here again?” Lisa asked, she’s from the next shift. 

 

“Uh yeah, I need extra cash for my Piano” she lied

 

“I can lend you some If you want, I mean you’ve been working for four days straight and you’ve been here like what? 12pm? C’mon I told you, you can always count on me” Lisa said tying her apron, Dahyun’s heart swell with gratitude her friends-slash-co-workers are too nice to her.

 

“Thanks for being concern about my health, I’ll ask you when I really need it okay?” She fist bumps Lisa, their usual hand shake. They laughed and started working again.

 

It was a very busy night for them, people would come and go, non-stop bell ringing of the door. She can feel her exhaustion, she wasn’t feeling well, her head hurts. Her head down low, she sighs. A breather after the unending line for their coffee and cakes. When a familiar girl greeted her. It was Mina. She’s talking to someone over the phone but she was speaking in Japanese. She mouthed Hi to her.

 

“Just the usual right?” Dahyun whispers. Mina nodded while smiling.

 

“Satang, She’s in front of me, She’s paler.. I mean she’s even more pale than the usual even her lips” Mina said in her native language. handing Dahyun her card to pay her order, Dahyun tried so hard to smile.

 

“I’m not gawking at her! Duh? That’s what I see. Her lips were pale” rolling her eyes

 

“You know what? You should just talk to her, you’re so lame for asking me to get you coffee just to check on your girl!” Mina said, a bit irritated. saying sorry to Dahyun for startling her

 

Meanwhile..

 

"See what you did there? Ugh, Just come out of your car and talk to her." Sana was looking right across the street. Looking at Dahyun who was obviously tired.

 

"Thank you for dropping by tonight, Minari.. Tell Momo I can't meet her tonight If you're with her" She heard from the line.

 

"Ugh!" she groaned hung up the call.

 

Mina walked out of the cafe saying goodbye to Dahyun walking straight across the street, got into Sana's car.

 

"You are such a coward and a jealous shiba inu!" Mina said putting the coffee in the cup holder while Sana started driving. Her accent can be heard.

 

"This is the fourth time I've been buying you coffee just to check on her, Sana I swear to God I'm gonna ban you from coming to our Hospital just to drag me here--AGAIN" she said with her arms crossed.

 

"Minari~baby.. You know how much I love you right? and you love me.." Sana bats her eyelashes while Mina groaned to hr friends' antics

 

"I know that you won't ban me, I'm so lucky for having a best friend like you! What do you want as a gift" she smiled widely.

 

"Sana just remove your sunglasses and that annoying mask on your face please, you'll get us both killed. It's night time why would you wear sunglasses at night" she rolled her eyes. Sana was wearing all black. Black shirt, black pants, black cap, black sunglasses, black face mask and white shoes. she looks like one of those people who tryna kidnap someone in Mina's mind.

 

"What? I'm in disguise! leave me alone!" She said whining

 

She dropped off Mina at the hospital, it's already 7pm in the evening she decided to comeback on the same spot watching Dahyun from afar. She was trying so hard restraining herself from barging inside the cafe and hug Dahyun because she misses her so much it pains her.

 

"A little bit more" She sighed looking at Dahyun from the glass window. She fell asleep in her car and it's closing time. Dahyun was feeling dizzy and her cold sweat was nonstop her heart beat is irregular asking Lisa if she could go home first because she's not really feeling well. Her vision was blurry, praying she won't pass out in the middle of nowhere, her knees gave in and her eyes gave up.. lost consciousness.

 

"Dahyun!" Sana yelled catching Dahyun's head before it hit the concrete floor. Hugging her, she felt how hot Dahyun's Body temperature.

 

"Babe! Babe!wake up!" she doesn't know how she lifted Dahyun maybe the adrenaline hit her, carrying her to the car. In one swift move she drove off.

 

She brought Dahyun in their apartment, calling Mina to send a Doctor immediately. She was panicking when Dahyun started shaking, wincing in pain.

 

"C-cold.." Dahyun whispers, shaking she doesn't know what to do

 

"C-cold" Sana decided to cover her with her blanket but she's still shaking

 

"What should I do? What should I do!" she said rambling walking back and forth looking at Dahyun in panic, dialing Mina's number again.

 

"Where's the doctor?" her voice was filled with panic

 

"She's outside your doorstep, let her in and breathe Sana.. breathe" Sana ran to get the door letting the doctor in.

 

"S-she's inside my room, she collapsed walking her way home and--and her body temperature... she's burning hot"  she said while the doctor wore her stethoscope

 

"Are you her sister?" The Doctor asked

 

"No, I'm her roommate" she fiddled with her hands.

 

"Okay, I need you to get me a basin with clean towel and cold water" she obliged.

 

The doctor started to tend Dahyun, prescribing her medicines to take and attaching IV fluids to her, she informed Sana that the girl is over fatigued with acquired high fever. She took the prescription and thanked the doctor for taking care her friend.

 

"Thank you so much, Doctor.." she shook the doctor's hand

 

"It's my pleasure Miss MInatozaki, please tell her not to skip her medication and take a lot of rest for three days" She smiled at her.

 

"Yes, I will. I'm so sorry for being rude, but may I know your name?" Sana politely asked

 

"I'm Im Yoona, I am pleased to meet you Miss Minatozaki" she smiled and talked a bit more before leaving.

 

She went inside her room looking at the sleeping girl, she checked her temperature using the back of her hand. She decided to change the pale girl to her own clothes, big white shirt and shorts.. she started ing Dahyun's shirt, gulping when she saw Dahyun's toned abdomen looking away. with shaking hands she started to dab the damped cloth to Dahyun's body closing her eyes, Dahyun squirmed feeling the cold damped cloth. She then started to  dahyun's trousers sweating hard, Sana's mind was playing with her. she closed her eyes and tried to change Dahyun in a more comfy pajama's.

 

"Stay cool, stay cool" Sana was doing deep breaths when she finished. It took her  hard time with the IV.

 

She tucked her in, and placed a clean cloth on top of Dahyun's forehead. She quickly went to the pharmacy to buy some medicine, drop by the convenience store to buy some fruits and food for Dahyun just in case she wakes up hungry. She went home immediately taking care of Dahyun checking if she did everything the doctor's instructed her to do. She changed to her comfy clothes and sat beside Dahyun who was sleeping soundly.

 

"Dahyunnie, I'm sorry.." she whispers, sniffing. She felt hot tears staining her cheeks.

 

"I'm sorry for pushing you away, I'm just--I'm just.." she trailed off while holding her hand. 

 

"U-unnie?" Dahyun groaned when she tried to move. Sana lifts her head to check on Dahyun.

 

"Don't move, what do you want? Are you okay? Do you still feel dizzy? I'm gonna get you some water--" Sana stood up but soft warm hand stopped her from doing so.

 

"Unnie, I'm fine" she smiled weakly

 

"No, You're sick. It's good thing I saw you when you lost consciousness" she said sitting beside the pale girl

 

"Where am I?" she smiled

 

"In my room, sorry If I took you here instead of your room I'm gonna carry you if you wanna rest in you--" Dahyun stopped her from talking by placing her index finger in Sana's Lips. making the girl blush, thanking how the lampshade was dim enough.

 

"I wanna stay here, I wanna stay with you" Dahyun smiled, holding the girl's hand.

 

"I-I.. Yea sure. Imma go sleep in the couch so you could rest well" Dahyun stopped her when Sana tried to get up

 

"Please stay, unnie. I want you here please.." Dahyun pleaded. almost like a puppy. her heart melted.

 

"Okay, I will stay with you" She smiled.

 

Dahyun tapped the space beside her giving her more space. She gladly obliged, lay down beside her.

 

"Unnie?" Dahyun called when Sana turned to her side

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'm sorry, for whatever I did to make you upset, I-I don't really know where to start.. and I--" She was stuttering looking away when Sana started to face her.. their faces were inches apart.

 

"You're what?" Sana smiled.

 

"I missed you" Dahyun blurted out, she doesn't know if she's just sick that her cheeks felt hot.

 

"I missed you too Dahyun-chan" she moved closer and made Dahyun anticipate and close her eyes but to her dismay she felt the warm soft lips of Sana on her forehead. What was she even thinking? She felt silly for thinking about kissing Sana.

 

They both smiled looking at each others eyes. Sana started caressing Dahyun's face  while the latter leaned in to the touch. closing her eyes. Few moments later they found themselves in each others arms, snuggling. Dahyun felt okay and protected with Sana's arm wrapped around her. It was the best way to fall asleep.

 

 

A/N:

 

Should I add more Chapters or stick with just 10 chaps? what ya think? I apologize if this seems like a rushed fic.. Is it too rushed? please let me know. Thank you :)