What happened last night

Roommates

“Good Morning, Gorgeous”

 

A seductive voice whispered against her ear while the person snuggling closer, she sat up straight rubbing her eyes. She felt someone’s tugging on her waist.

 

“What time is it? How did I slept here?” The pale girl asked.

 

“You fell asleep on my bed last night, you were drunk and needy. I didn’t bother to wake you up, I really don’t mind sleeping with you” said the girl  scrunching her nose.

 

“Don’t worry I closed my eyes when I change you to a more comfier clothes, you threw up everywhere, but don’t worry I already cleaned everything last night, our apartment is spotless” Sana shrugged

 

“We-you know? Nothing happened right?” The pale girl asked, her face blushing furiously due to embarrassment, thinking about how Sana might have seen her body.

 

“Dahyunnie, I wouldn’t do such thing. I won’t take advantage of you even though you were so cute and irresistible last night” The girl sat up looking to the pale girl who’s standing right in front of her, hands on her hips.

 

Dahyun felt relieved as Sana was reaching for her hand pulling her to sit on her bed, pulling her by the waist, She felt warm body envelopes her cold ones, Sana’s chin on the crook of her neck, back hugging her. Maybe—even sniffing her.

 

I would let this pass since I made a mess last night and made a fool out of myself. I won’t drink ever again! She swore to herself, to never set foot on Nayeon’s Bar. She tried massaging her temples, hangover is drilling her brain right now. She forgot the girl clinging onto her.

 

 

 

Name: Minatozaki Sana

Age: 22

Height: 168cm

Weight: 48kg

Blood Type: B

DOB: December 26, 1996

POD: Osaka, Japan

Nationality: Japanese

School: JYPU, 3rd Year College, Architecture student.

 

—Dahyun read the first part of her profile, closing the folder while looking at the fidgeting girl sitting right in front of her. Sana smiled shyly, Dahyun’s poker face faltered a bit but she can’t let the happen. She cleared .

 

“Hi, my name is Minatozaki Sana.” She offered her hand, Dahyun hesitates but still, took it to shake the girl’s hand for the sake of formality and courtesy.

 

“My name’s Kim Dahyun. So— you’re older than me, I should call you sunbae” she said and was about to bow when Sana held her shoulders, stopping her from doing so.

 

“There’s no need for that, Dahyun-ah. Treat me comfortably” She smiled.

 

“But—“

 

“I insist, please”

 

She sighed in defeat and straightened her back.

 

“The reason I am here is that, I saw your post on the bulletin board near our Department building, I-I was trying my luck to get accepted since I’ll be ending my lease three days from now” she said slightly looking away.

 

“Why are you leaving your apartment? Are you those types of person who don’t stay longer and causes trouble? Please tell me honestly, I don’t want headaches after I’ll make you sign the contract”

 

Dahyun is the type of person who voice out their thoughts, her straightforwardness is sometimes mistaken to be sassy—which is good.

 

“OH—No! I decided not to continue because it takes me 45mins. Bus & Train ride to travel to get here in the University, and your place is only 10mins. Walk from the U, so I’m trying my luck to be your roommate?” She said shyly.

 

“I-I’m also a good payer! I swear, I don’t have bad records; financially or even legal stuff.” She added.

 

Dahyun looked at her intently, this girl seems confident but shy. Maybe this one is not like Kyulkyung. She mentally talked to herself, yeah Kyulkyung her old roommate who kept on creeping inside her room and her pants. She shook her head and smiled at the girl.

 

“Okay, I think you’re a good person. Okay, let’s make this meeting short. You can start moving anytime you want, sunbae.”

 

Sana squealed and held Dahyun’s hand in happiness, her eyes disappearing while bobbing her head, her hazel brown orbs are shining brightly. She got startled by the sudden skinship, Dahyun didn’t drew back and let her new roommate hold it. Her hands are soft and smooth, she mentally noted.

 

 

On their first day as roommates, Dahyun helped her roommate carry and unpack her stuff, she cleared her schedule for a day to help her new roommate in moving-in. She never thought that Sana would be as clumsy as a toddler—she would constantly trip on her toes or would constantly drop something that would turn out to a chaos for dropping more stuff along the way, but as bubbly and optimistic as Sana, she would just laugh it off and apologize to Dahyun for causing a mess.

 

“Let me carry that last box, you can go upstairs and unpack you stuff, unnie”

 

Sana in wide eyes, looked at Dahyun as she lifted the last box. Smile on her face, surprised by the unintentional endearment of the younger girl, calling her unnie for the first time. Because of the overwhelming happiness, her body voluntarily moved by itself, hugging the flustered pale girl.

 

“I-uh- thank you, Dahyunnie”

 

Sana whispered before letting go of Dahyun, Sana felt the hot sensation creeping through her cheeks, running away. She realized what she did and felt so shy, leaving the flustered Dahyun alone, the heavy box felt weightless and her heart thumping hard against her rib cage.

 

 

One week later, and here she is in someone else’s bed, forcibly laid down by a Japanese girl. Her head is throbbing so bad that even after laying down she could feel the world spins. Dahyun isn’t the clingy-affectionate type of person, she doesn’t really like skinship and value personal space a lot but to her unfortunate luck her roommate doesn’t know the word “personal space”.

 

“Drink this” Sana said softly

 

Opening her eyes, Sana pushing the medicine to her lips leaving her no choice but to open and take the medicine. She got up on her elbows and Sana sat down beside her helping her drink the water, Sana wiping the spilled water on her chin smiling sweetly at her.

 

“You’ll feel better, I’ll cook some soup to sober you up”

 

Sana said getting the glass of water and left the room.

 

Dahyun closed her eyes and tried to remember what happened and who brought her home last night. She still feel nauseous, soon enough, she gave up and let sleepiness drag her tired eyes.

 

 

Sana was busy chopping the ingredients when someone knocked on their door. She washed her hands and wiped her hard using her apron, walking through the door dragging her feet and accidentally bumping her elbow in the corner. Laughing awkwardly, opening the door.

 

“Yow! Dubs—“

 

A much smaller girl launched herself at her and it was too late when she realized that it wasn’t her best friend who opened the door.

 

“Oh my—“she caught the jumping girl by the hip, amused. It was a Koala kind of hug where you wrap your legs and arms to the other person.

 

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry! I thought you were my best friend, Dubs! I am really sorry, Miss?” the smaller girl explained and asked. She took a peak of the door number if she was really at the right doorstep

 

“Sana, my name is Sana” she said giggling. Her cheeks all puffy and red.

 

“Yes, Sana. I am really sorry but Dahyun still lives here right? As long as I can remember her door number was 318, I’m in the right floor right?” she said in panic

 

“Oh! Dahyun, you’re Dahyunnie’s friend. I thought you were looking for a person named Dubs?” she giggled again, getting the smaller girl’s attention.

 

“I-uh-yeah I call her Dubu, I just wanna ask if she’s home today?” the smaller girl scratched her nape trying to hide the embarrassment

 

“Cute name. What does it mean?” Sana asked in pure curiosity

 

“Because she’s white? She resembles Tofu” The smaller girl smiled shyly

 

“That makes sense. Anyways, come on in Miss?”

 

“Chaeyoung, My name is Chaeyoung. Sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I sorta forgot my name when I saw you” She blurted out of nowhere earning a giggle from Sana. Chaeyoung tried to cover but it was too late.

 

“Come on in, Chaeyoung-ssi” she stepped aside to let Chaeyoung in.

 

Chaeyoung felt the place familiar but kinda foreign? Something has changed in here. She said to herself.

 

“She’s in my room right now, resting. You can go and check her she’s not feeling well today, I’ll prepare some soup for lunch. I’ll excuse myself, Chaeyoung-ssi” She said smiling, Chaeyoung can only nod while looking at the disappearing figure.

 

“Snap out of it, Chaeyoung” She scolded herself and went to Kyulkyung’s room which she never had set foot of. She knocked three times but no one’s answering then she remembered, Dahyun’s not feeling well she could still hear Sana’s gentle voice. She decide to turn the knob and completely let herself in.

 

Admiring the pink room, pair of Dahyun’s blue room.  She mentally said thinking that she could use it against her best friend, I’ll with a sinister. It was organized and very feminine. And it smells really nice too, not that her best friend’s room was unorganized it was just different. Dahyun’s room was very organized and you would think that she might have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder of how neat freak she is, she wanted everything in order, maybe Jeongyeon unnie rubbed off her neat-freak behaviour to Dahyun when the two of them lived together for a month.

 

She found a sleeping Dahyun on a mixed pink and white bed, looking comfy. She is covered with fluffy comforter and huge pillows, sleeping soundly. She smiled to herself, she never saw her best friend sleeping so peaceful but to her dismay she has to drag her back to real world.

 

She jumped lightly, getting ready to run to her best friend who is by the way sleeping peacefully. She launched herself and landed on top of Dahyun. The sleeping girl got startled, almost punching her best friend’s face. Snuggling closer to her body, she groaned in pain and frustration, looking down at the smaller giggling girl she slumped back in bed covering her face with the pillow to continue groaning out of irritation.

 

 

“Dubs~my loving best friend~get up! You smartass! I thought you moved out of the apartment!” Chaeyoung got up on her knees straddling Dahyun, pulling the pillow out of her best friend’s face.

 

“Dude! I literally, pounced myself to your new roommate! What the hell! I freaking hugged her, I thought you were still alone in here!” she said laying on top of her best friend.

 

Another person on her list that who doesn’t know “Personal Space” ; one of them was Chaeyoung, her best friend. She groaned again, her head slightly throbbing but not as worse than the first time she woke up.

 

“You were keeping a secret from me! And that’s Sana! You’re roommate, is it because she’s pretty?” Dahyun looked at her friend ridiculed. Chaeyoung’s brows were wiggling up and down.

 

“Get off me, you beast!” She groaned lifting Chaeyoung, but Chaeyoung won’t budge, gluing herself from her.

 

“Ugh! Fine!” She gave up.

 

“This bed is comfy, I wanna stay here and forget my afternoon class” Chaeyoung said

 

“Why are you here, by the way?”

 

“My class was dismissed early and I have four hours to spare since I don’t have work today so I decided to pay a visit to my best friend—who by the way kept a secret from me—wanna know how is she after a wasted night” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes emphasizing the secret thingy. Dahyun rolled her eyes as well

 

 

“How come you don’t have a hangover, we have the same alcohol tolerance? && I am not keeping it a secret from you, I was about to tell you last night but you disappeared living me in Nayeon’s care last night! And how am I supposed to tell you, you haven’t got your cellphone back” she removed Chaeyoung’s leg from her but failed to do so, as the latter snuggled even closer, impossible for her to move.

 

“Whatever, but seriously. You were so drunk last night! I found you riding on someone else’s lap last night”

 

She snapped her head and looked at her best friend as if she was telling a lie.

 

“Yeah dude, you were in someone else’s lap last night, you were eating each other’s faces. I rescued you gay and handed you over to Jihyo-unnie”

 

“WHAT?! I did that?! No way!!! My innocent self! That’s probably a lie! I wouldn’t do such thing!”

 

“Oh yes you did. It was really funny, our church girl finally had fun last night”

 

“Oh my God! Do you know who the person is?” she said covering her face

 

“I don’t know, she’s a new girl. But I think she’s smoking hot, because before you switched places, she was the one riding you—I mean grinding on you is the right term” Dahyun felt her face getting hot by the information she have heard

 

“Oh my God Chaeng! You should’ve not left me, my reputation—Oh my God” She cried

 

“Everybody was pretty drunk last night don’t worry, they won’t even remember what you did, just like your state right now, unless they were sober just like me last night, even Unnie was drunk too” She said laying her head on top of Dahyun’s chest, getting comfier. Five minute later until she spoke.

 

 

“Ugh! I hate it. I won’t ever do that again!” She said wrapping her arm on Chaeyoung’s frame. Chaeyoung hummed in response, fighting the urge to sleep.

 

“Everything in this room smells nice” She said closing her eyes.

 

“I agree” Dahyun said, doing the same.

 

 

She inhaled the scent of pillow, it was fruity and calming. I would likely to trade my bed with Sana unnie’s bed right now.. She said to herself before drifting to slumber, AGAIN.

 

After an hour of preparing and cooking the soup, 11:24 am she decided to check the girls who were sleeping on her bed, snuggling close to each other. Thinking that it would be nice to sleep next to them. Smiling fondly for good five minutes or so until she decided to wake them up especially Dahyun who’s having a bad hangover.

 

 

“Hey, wake up. You both need to eat something” She said softly.

 

“You can sleep later after eating” She said giggling as Chaeyoung refused to wake up, scrunching her face and hugging her best friend tighter the other girl unable to move.

 

“Come on, tiger” Sana said, thinking Chaeyoung resembles a baby tiger

 

“I am not a tiger” a Sleepy Chaeyoung answered.

 

“We’ll be out in a minute, she’s quite of a heavy sleeper” Dahyun said, fully awake. Lifting Chaeyoung’s legs off her.

 

Sana nodded and went out to prepare the table, so this how it feels like to have sisters she smiled to herself. Few minutes Dahyun and Chaeyoung groggily walked their way to the table. Sana smiled at the two sleepy kids.

 

“How’re you feeling?” Sana tuck few strands of hair in Dahyun’s ear.

 

“Much better? Thank you, unnie” she said, slightly leaning in on Sana’s touch.

 

“Hmmmm..” Chaeyoung cleared .

 

“How about you, tiger?” Sana asked the much smaller girl

 

“Say that one more time and I’ll bite your arm” she said scrunching her face, showing off her teeth. Sana laughed at her new found friend, this girl was dead shy before she fell sleep on my bed and now, she’s acting like we’re long-time friends—cute!

 

“Chaeng! Apologize to Sana unnie” Dahyun demanded. Chaeng on the other hand felt like she got scolded by her master. But refused to do so.

 

“Sorry, she’s quite feisty after force waking her”

 

“No, it’s fine! She’s really cute” Sana said earning a glare from Chaeyoung whose short brown hair is dishevelled.

 

“Chaengie” Dahyun warned, Chaeyoung acts like a spoiled kid whenever her sleep is disturbed.

 

“Fine, but can I sleep on your bed again after eating?” Chaeyoung asked her attention is on Sana.

 

Her puppy eyes were obvious, lips slightly pouting—who can even say no to this cute bean?

 

“Yes of course, you can even stay over if you want” She said happily

 

“Woah!! REALLY?!” her eyes gleaming.

 

Sana nodded while Dahyun shook her head, sometimes her best friend acts weird.

 

Their lunch was quiet since all of them were famished. Throwing questions at each other here and there. Basic questions and even personal ones.

 

Chaeyoung washed the dishes while Dahyun cleaned the table. Sana went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

“Why are you calling Sana unnie—sunbae? You’re roommates” Chaeyoung wiped down the last plate.

 

“Then why aren’t you calling me unnie? I’m one year older than you” Dahyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Duh! We’re basically been raised together, if you hadn’t been born in 98’ we could’ve passed as twins—our umbilical cord is tangled up since I was born” Chaeyoung threw the cloth to Dahyun who was sweeping the floor.

 

“I’m calling her sunbae at times because I feel like I’m disrespecting her, she’s two years older than me and she’s literally a sunbae”

 

“Well, take out the formality, and is it really a big deal?”

 

“Yeah, I’m not like you—a seniority breaker” Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out in response.

 

They were in the middle of their conversation when they heard the doorbell rang, they were about to get the door when Sana came running while drying her hair with a towel, Opening the door. Revealing two gorgeous girls, Chaeyoung dropped her jaw when she realized who those two girls were.. Dahyun on the other hand—is confused. They spoke in their native tongue—Japanese.

 

Minari, you came! Momoring!”

 

“So, this is your new apartment, it’s quite small but cosy” The youngest of the three commented.

 

“I like it smaller, Minari” Sana said hugging Mina. Gesturing them to come in.

 

“Does your mom knows about this, Satang? I don’t want to get in trouble you know” Momo added, walking inside. She noticed the two girls standing at the bar counter. She smirked after recognizing the pale girl with blonde hair.

 

“Your roommates are cute, Satang” she whispered to Sana who was busy clinging to Mina who rarely gets out of her own house.

 

“Oh yes, The white one is mine the cute tiger is her friend, but she’s not staying with us—but I really don’t mind If she’ll stay with us” Sana giggled, being greedy of having lots of company.

 

“Yours? Momoring, already played with your girl last night” Mina giggled and took Momo’s hand to stand up and bow to the younger girls.

 

“Dahyunnie, Chaengie, these are my friends—Momo and Mina” Sana introduced them while secretly pinching Momo’s for obviously throwing flirty looks to Dahyun who seem confused, she can’t remember what happened last night then.

 

“Hi, Cutie” Momo waved at Dahyun who got flustered

 

“H-hello, My name’s Mina, Myoui Mina” Mina said directly to Chaeyoung who’s still in shock.. the girl who she made out with last night is standing right in front of her.

 

“uh-I-uhm Hi” Chaeyoung and Dahyun greeted them awkwardly.

 

“KAWAIIII” the three Japanese girls squealed, while the Koreans stood there.. frozen and confused..