The Agenda

Roommates

Dahyun kept glancing on Sana  while they walk their way home. She sighed.

 

“You know, just looking at me won’t answer your questions, Dahyun” 

 

Her eyes went wide after hearing those words, the other girl kept on walking in a normal pace. Holding herself, shielding herself from the cold breeze of the night.

 

“Sorry for ruining our dinner”

 

 

“Wow, Kim Dahyun” The girl wearing almost the same outfit as Sana. She’s wearing a Red off shoulder top and a black skirt, pairing it with high heels.

 

Sana felt intimidated how the other girl stood a little bit towering over her and Dahyun.

 

“Jieqiong, H-hey” Dahyun greeted her, swallowing slowly she felt Sana’s grip on her arm, subtly pulling her closer.

 

“You really did replaced me huh, Kim Dahyun? I really thought you were straight” Jieqiong said, walking closer to Dahyun.

 

“Uhm-what are you talking about?” Dahyun asked making Jieqiong smile to herself 

 

“You know-Miss girlfriend is obviously snaking on you” She said, smirking at Sana who’s lost for words.

 

“She’s my new roommate, Jie. What are you talking about? That’s not nice, apologize to her” She said furrowing her brows.

 

“Dahyun, it’s fine. She misunderstood my gestures. Let her be” Sana said understanding the situation, or maybe she doesn’t want her night to be ruined.

 

“Oh, she seems nice” Jieqiong nodded, smiling. Linking arms with Dahyun, Sana lost contact with Dahyun.

 

“I said apologize to her” Dahyun said firmly. Stopping her track as Jieqiong’s pulling her.

 

“Okay fine, sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude” She said without sincerity.

 

“It’s fine, no biggie” Sana said, smiling.

 

“Anyways, let’s go?” Sana was looking at Dahyun and to their linked arms.

 

“I-uh-sure”

 

“Can I come? I missed you so much baby” Jieqiong asked while holding Dahyun’s arm, her face is dangerously close to her.

 

 

Dahyun was hesitating, looking at Sana’s who’s clearly not okay with it but still she nodded

 

“S-sure?” Sana felt defeated as the three of them went to her favorite restaurant. It was supposed to be their first dinner together since most of the time they were either studying or working or maybe—not at home. Jieqiong offered a ride going to the restaurant which she instantly regrets agreeing on taking Jieqiong with them. Sitting at the back seat, listening to the other two talking about anything as if they hadn’t met for a long time which is actually true since Jieqiong moved out two months ago, her mom bought her a new place to stay.

 

The whole dinner time Sana kept quiet she would talk if she’s beings asked about something, mostly basic questions and school stuff. Sana felt like an outcast as she doesn’t know much about Dahyun.

 

“Here try this sushi, Dahyun-chan” she smiled shyly her tongue getting tingly by the endearment.

 

“She doesn’t like wasabi, here try my sushi, baby” She felt a low blow when Dahyun smiled apologetically.

 

She remembered the first lunch they had she fed Dahyun with sushi dipping it to a soysauce with wasabi. Even on their first day together she never rejected Sana even eating the sushi with wasabi. She grunted.

 

She was about to withdraw her sushi when Dahyun took her hand stopping her from doing so, eating the sushi that she offered. Jieqiong rolled her eyes and ate her offered sushi instead. Dahyun sat between the two girls, while Sana and Jieqiong are facing each other.

 

She felt something got stuck on , coughing it out. “It was the wasabi” Dahyun’s conscience said. Both Sana and Jieqiong offered their drinks, blushing because of the amount of attention her friends are giving her. She took her own drink and drank the whole glass of eat. Killing the fire between the two girls whose eager to pamper her with food, care and attention.

 

 

They ate in silence and finished their food. They were about to pay when both Sana and Jieqiong took the bill. Looking straight to each other’s eyes. The waitress was watching as if they were playing tug of war.

 

“Let me pay the bill, Jieqiong-ssi” Sana smiled pulling the bill folder

 

“Oh, No. I’m gonna pay tonight since you let me tag along with you guys” The Chinese girl pulled it a bit harder but Sana still insists on paying the bill, both girls are not backing out and pulling their cards out when Dahyun took the bill folder and plcing her card inside, sighing. Paying more than a hundred dollar is too heavy for her but for the sake of not getting caught in the middle of cat fight is much worth it. Handing it to the waitress who’s patiently waiting, bowing before taking the folder with both hands

 

 

Both girls were still looking at each other as if talking with their eyes, blaming each other for being stubborn. After receiving the folder back along with her card and receipt she stood up and smiled at them.

 

“Let’s do this again sometimes, baby! I’ll treat you to a fancy steakhouse near the U” Jieqiong said holding Dahyun’s hand which caught Sana’s attention, unable to resist the twitch of her left eyebrow

 

“Uh-yeah. If I’m not busy. I-I’ll text you” Dahyun, saw how Sana reacted so she subtly withdrew her hand scratching her nape in nervousness, which was kind of weird for her. Sana’s gaze was intimidating.

 

“Just the two of us” Jieqiong said glancing at Sana who walked besides Dahyun, subtly holding quiet Sana’s.

 

“Uhm-I’ll think about it, Jie. My schedule is kinda packed right now” she said truthfully, thinking about her schedule for the next few months

 

“Okay, text me when you’re free okay? I’ll wait for it. I can’t wait to get you all for myself” the Chinese girl squeals, leaning her head on Dahyun’s shoulder. Sana loses her grip on Dahyun and walked bit faster, leaving the two behind. Dahyun felt guilty. She made a big mistake.

 

 

“I-uh-Jie, We need to go home. I still have homework to finish? I’ll see you at school?” Dahyun said removing Jieqiong’s arm.

 

“I’ll drive you home” Jieqiong said making Sana walk faster, Dahyun keep up her pace so she could reach Sana’s arm but failed.

 

“No thank you, we’ll walk home, it’s just 3 blocks away. I’ll see you again soon, I promise!” Dahyun said walking behind Sana. She bowed to Jieqiong and thanked her for the wonderful dinner and turned her back to catch up on Sana leaving Jieqiong beside her car, pouting but soon enough she smiled thinking of seeing Dahyun again.

 

 

 

“It’s fine, there’s still next time” Sana tried to smile but her smile didn’t reached her eyes.

 

“I will promise to make it up to you” she said, she held Sana’s hand making the girl snap her head

 

“Uh-okay, but you don’t really have to.. Dahyun-chan” she said with a small smile on her lips and tainted cheeks.

 

Dahyun felt her cheeks getting hot.

 

“I’ll cook dinner, tomorrow. I’m not a chef but I’ll try my best?” She said holding Sana’s hand tighter.

 

“You don’t have—“ 

 

“I will make it up to you, remember? I admire your patience” She was referring about Jieqiong’s rude attitude.

 

 

“But you already paid for our dinner, Dahyunnie” She said worries in her eyes.

 

“Well, I can work extra hours so I could buy the Piano. Don’t worry I got it all covered” she said full of confidence, puffing her cheeks. Sana smiled.

 

“Are you and Jieqiong—a thing before?” Sana asked looking away

 

“Oh no, she was just messing around. My friends says, Jie wanted to date me but I was too dense to notice” she shrugged.

 

“Ah. But are you?” Sana was shy, thinking it’s a very personal question to ask.

 

“Uhm— I don’t really know, I once had a crush on Jieqiong during our freshman year but when she moved in with me, It disappeared” she laughed.

 

“Oh” she wasn’t expecting Dahyun’s answer, she was about to let go when Dahyun intertwine their hands, leaving her flustered and shy.

 

“I really don’t know if I like girls or not, I mean I had a boyfriend before? I really don’t know?” She said still smiling without even looking at Sana. Sana doesn’t know what to feel about all the information Dahyun has said

 

“Either ways, Love is love. You can like whoever you want, right? You’re not one of those people whose—you know” Dahyun looked at Sana with hopeful eyes

 

“Oh no, I love everybody!” She said smiling back to her. They were just staring at each other, smiling.

 

There was a comfortable silence after their conversation, walking hand in hand. Dahyun stopped and removed her flannel and wrap it on Sana’s body

 

“You’re tummy’s exposed, you might get sick” She said on her defense as Sana looked at her in awe. Dahyun was in front of her fixing it.

 

“Thank you, Dahyun-chan” kissing Dahyun’s cheek.

 

She froze on the sudden kiss, blood rushing through her face.

 

“Y-you’re welcome” she said turning away, walking ahead holding her cheek. Sana giggled running after the flustered Dahyun.

 

The next morning..

 

 

“Dude you look like—“ Chaeyoung looked around. Whispering..

 

“” she whispers 

 

“Language, Son Chaeyoung” Jihyo said still reading her medical book.

 

“Sorry” Chaeyoung apologized while scratching her nape

 

“Ugh” Dahyun grunted her head hurts a lot. She hasn’t slept last night thinking about how Sana kissed her.

 

“Seriously, Dubs. You look like—a Princess” Jihyo glared at Chaeyoung who’s trying to hide behind the coffee machine.

 

“I know, you don’t have to mention it” she massaged her temples leaning against the counter.

 

“Can you still work later?” Tzuyu asked while wiping the cups

 

“Yeah, I’ll work with Taeha later I’ll be fine” she said getting the glass of water Chaeyoung gave her

 

“Kim Dahyun, come here for a sec” Jihyo said, she’s seated to the nearest booth, the cafe isn’t that crowded.

 

“Unnie” Dahyun whined sitting beside Jihyo. The girl brushed her hair using her hand.

 

“What happened?” She said closing the book 

 

“I had a bad dream last night” she lied. Yeah right pfffttt her conscience mocked her.

 

“Hmmm, wanna take a nap? I’ll wake you up before your class” Jihyo suggests combing Dahyun’s hair, leaning to the touch.

 

Dahyun hummed closing her eyes, leaning on Jihyo’s shoulder. Jihyo hummed a soothing song that dragged Dahyun to sleep.

 

Chaeyoung looked at her sleeping best friend, smiling. She hadn’t noticed the Japanese girl in front of her. Mina smiled looking at Chaeyoung. She turned around and saw Dahyun snuggling to a girl. She looked at them intently, analyzing the closeness of the two.

 

The girl is pretty, based on the book that she’s reading.. she’s a medical student.

 

“Sana will be jealous” Mina whispered to herself in her native language

 

“Hey Mina” Chaeyoung smiled to her

 

“Hi, I’ll have the usual please” she said.

 

After paying her coffee, she stood near the booth where Dahyun and mysterious girl is seated. She took a quick photo when Chaeyoung proceeded to make her favorite coffee.

 

Satang

 

 I think your girl is taken

IMG2794.jpg

 

 She’s single. That’s her friend

How sure are you?look at how close they are

Idk. I’m coming over.

 

 

She left her friend on read. Receiving her coffee she sat near the booth. Chaeyoung sat in front of her since it was just them inside the Cafe.

 

“Where are we going tomorrow?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Anywhere you’d like” she said sipping her coffee, froth on her lips

 

Chaeyoung leaned in wiping the froth on Mina’s lips using the napkin. Mina’s face went red.

 

“Why are you pretty even with the froth on your lips?” Chaeyoung asked out of the blue. Again, with her habits of voicing out her thoughts.

 

“I-I am n-not” She was a stuttering mess, blushing.

 

“Yes you are” she smiled her eyes disappeared.

 

Mina looked away. Fiddling the hem of her skirt. She saw Sana approaching her.

 

“Where is she?” Sana asked. Didn’t see Chaeyoung

 

“Oh Hi, unnie” the smaller girl waves

 

“Oh Hi, baby tiger” she said looking around the cafe, Chaeyoung excused herself as another customer enters.

 

“She was sitting by the boo—oh where did they go?” Mina said, confused to where the pale girl went. When did they even went out?? She was so immersed with her conversation with Chaeyoung that she haven’t noticed.

 

“I think they’re gone..” she said almost whispering

 

“Damn” Sana cursed startling the younger Japanese.

 

“Words..” Mina said

 

Sana sat where Chaeyoung sat before, crossing her arms, brows furrowed. She took her phone out and started texting

 

“Do you think, they are dating?” Mina asked.

 

Sana didn’t respond, she was busy texting.

 

“Don’t act like you’re obsessed with her, Satang” Mina said, caught the attention of the older girl.

 

 

Flashback three months ago..

 

“Minari! I saw her again!” The older girl chirped.

 

“Satang, you are really crushing on her huh?” The younger girl said while knitting

 

“Ew what a stalker” Momo commented throwing paper at Sana

 

“Can you blame me? She’s so cute! I wanna keep her in my pocket!!” She said as if she’s day dreaming

 

“Her name is Kim Dahyun she’s a barista, she works at the cafe that I usually visit” Mina said

 

“Oh—where you also stalk the cute track and field athlete, you mean..” Momo teased smiling at her.

 

Mina warned her. Momo snickers while changing the tv channel

 

“As if you’re not stalking the bartender at Nay’s” Sana scoffed.

 

The three of them laughed knowing each others secrets. Few months later their usual topic would be their crushes when one day, Sana was about to go home when she saw Dahyun posting a paper on their Bulletin board. When Dahyun left She hurriedly went to get the paper. Smiling to herself, it’s her chance to be close to Dahyun..

 

 

 

Present day..

 

 

“Why don’t you confess?” Mina suggested

 

“Isn’t it too early? I mean, we’ve been roommates for not over a month” she said slouching, feeling sad about Dahyun with another girl.

 

“Isn’t that the purpose of why you moved in to her apartment?” Mina said

 

“Ugh, I don’t know! I need more time!” She said letting her face flat on the table

 

“Make it quick or else you’ll regret it”

 

“I know, I need your help” she said facing her friend whose busy knitting.

 

“Sure, what is it”

 

“Count me in” Momo said out of the blue who was busy chugging the orange juice at the fridge.

 

 

“Here’s the plan”

 

 

To be continued..

 

 

 

A/N:

 

 

Hi here’s a quick update. Thank you for all the good feedbacks. This will be a short fic, just a heads up! English is not my first language so—you know the drill ㄴ( ㅇㅁㅇ )ㄱ