Past, Present & Future

Roommates

“Get your filthy hands off my Dahyunnie”

 

Sana glared speaking in her native tongue, chilling at Momo’s place. They decided to stay at her friend’s place after their classes since its Friday night and Dahyun isn’t home not until 10pm because she has work.

 

What? I didn’t do anything. And beside she’s not yours to own” Momo smirked and dodged the flying pillow coming her way, courtesy of her best friend.

 

Calm down, Satang.”  Mina put a stop on their pillow fight.

 

Fine, I feel the need to protect to Dahyunnie, since she’s my roommate. So please, Minari leash that filthy racoon over there” Momo held her chest as if she felt offended while laughing.

 

I know, you’re always like that” Mina said understanding her best friend.

 

“Your girl got some moves, her intense gaze was piercing through me when I gave her a . it was very unlikely of her when she’s in her right mind. I would love to have a drink with her again” Momo said while biting her lips.

 

“See?! Minari! Do something!” Sana whined.

 

“How did you two even meet?” The youngest of the three asked directing her attention to Momo, whose day dreaming.

 

“When you disappeared with—ahem—Chaeyoung” Momo started and Sana’s jaw dropped, Mina being the shy type looked away blushing.

 

“You know Chaeyoung? Wow! Now I regret staying at home that night!”

 

“Y-yeah? Whatever, Let Momo finish her story first” She changed the topic and their attention went back to Momo

 

“SO I was saying, I went to the bar trying to flirt with the cute short haired bartender but your girl—“ Momo looked at Sana

 

“She dragged me all the way to their table, she thought I was Chaeyoung” she laughed remembering how she got dragged away before she could asked the bartender’s number

 

“And you didn’t even resist?!” Sana –almost screaming.

 

“Why would I resist? I get dragged by a beautiful girl” She teased, she didn’t realized an incoming pillow thrown at her face. She laughed.

 

“And how did you end up on her lap?” Mina asked getting both of her best friend’s attention. Even Sana was curious.

 

“Well—when she realized that I wasn’t her best friend she instantly froze but already boozed.. I, pushed her down the chair and sat on her lap, she’s so cute being flustered—“

 

“WHAT?! You, flirty racoon!!!” she got cut-off by Sana who’s trying to reach her but Mina held her in place

 

“What? It was just for fun, Satang everybody was drunk && I can’t control my urges” she smiled at her, teasing.

 

“DID YOU TWO KISSED?” she asked—her voice increasing

 

“Uhm—No, after I gave her a show she—I don’t know how did she even tried to switch our places, she’s strong I could tell.” She said laughing at the thought of Dahyun being drunk—not the timid Dahyun she saw the other day.

 

“Yeah, that’s when we saw them almost kissing each other—grinding even.” Mina said grimacing at the thought of her friends being wild.

 

“Thanks Mina, for saving Dahyun’s life” she said caressing Mina’s face then turned to Momo—giving her a death glare. Momo tried hiding behind the Pillow she was holding just in case her best friend would throw another pillow at her or even the entire couch.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

“Dubs, what if we see them again?!” Chaeyoung said spazzing. While steaming the milk—she’s making a cappuccino.

 

“There’s a big chance of meeting them again, they’re my roommate’s best friends. I’m so daed” She said while taking the customer’s order.

 

“I can’t even remember we did that! Now, I’m embarrassed!” Dahyun said turning to Chaeyoung whose busy making the fourth drink and passing it to Tzuyu who calls the customer’s name.

 

“If you’re embarrassed, How about this small bean? They kissed even if they’re not that drunk?” Tzuyu said laughing and ruffling her friend’s hair.

 

“Hey! You can talk about me but not about my height!” She glared at the much taller girl who’s tying her apron, laughing.

 

“Chaengie, you’re cute just like that” Tzuyu said patting her same-age friends’ head

 

Smiling at her friends. Sometimes, she’s wondering how these two didn’t date each other, they looked good together. They met Tzuyu two years ago, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu was in their senior year in High school while Dahyun was a freshman in College. Two hours train ride from her University, Dahyun would still visit her hometown every weekend just to see Chaeng, crying to her best friend that people were kind of giving her weird looks because of her complexion but what she doesn’t know was that people were admiring her fair complexion and natural beauty.

 

It went on like that for the first three months, she would always say that she can’t wait to be with Chaeng as soon as she graduates then one weekend Chaeyoung brought a new found friend to their hideout—a transferee from another country. Her first impression with Tzuyu was an “Ice princess with sharp tongue” as she greeted Dahyun without giving any reaction. Tzuyu was the kind of kid who wouldn’t show any emotions at first but as soon as she gets comfortable—just like Dahyun she would show affection that only deserving people would get from them.

 

Chou Tzuyu, a well-off kid from Taiwan, who rather work in a café with her two best friends. Tzuyu’s family owns chains of dermatology clinics and restaurants across Taiwan, Her family went on a vacation in Korea one summer, when she decided that she wanted to stay here and to her surprise her parents were supportive of her endeavours in life that they let a 17 years old kid to live on her own in a total foreign country. From then on, the three of them were inseparable after Chaeyoung introduced her to Tzuyu.

 

“Hi, Can I get a Mocha Frappuccino with two extra pumps of mint syrup less whip extra drizzle of caramel on top please?” The girl in front of her said smiling at her.

 

“Sana—“ She said a bit shocked.

 

“Hi Dahyunnie” She smiled, eyes disappearing.

 

“H-hi! Uh-yeah your order” She said stuttering. She’s even blushing.

 

Sana was wearing an off shoulder yellow top that’s hugging her body perfectly and a pink skirt and white high-cut sneakers. She looks so feminine—attractive. Her eyes were shining looking at Dahyun, a stuttering mess.

 

“Yeah and two iced Americano, less ice for both”

 

“That would be $24.15 in total” She looked at Sana who was still looking at her—she looked away. Sana was giving her a knowing look maybe because she saw how Dahyun checked her out?

 

“C-chaeng, here’s the order” she passed the ticket to Chaeyoung who was blushing furiously. When she looked at where Tzuyu was looking—at the booth the two Japanese friends of her roommate who by the way, their topic not too long ago, was waving at her specially the girl named Momo.  She was smirking at her while biting her lip. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?

 

Sana caught where Dahyun was looking and when she turned around she saw her best friends waving at her and the others, she rolled her eyes when she realized what Momo did leaving a tomato-red faced Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

 

“Sorry about that, Momo hasn’t taken her medicines yet” She said apologetically while giving her card to Dahyun. She was about to receive it when Sana realized that it was her “b card” she immediately exchanged it with her regular card.

 

“Is she sick or something?” Dahyun asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

 

“Oh yeah, she has this disease called “A flirt” she said rolling her eyes, and Dahyun thought that a sassy Sana is hot. She giggled while blushing.

 

“I’ll call you when your orders ready” She gave the card and receipt to Sana. She secretly put a tip on the tip jar.

 

Sana went to her friends and kicked Momo’s shin for giving Dahyun honey-dripping gaze.

 

“Hey! Watch it!” Momo said rollingher eyes at her best friend while Mina giggle.

 

“Stop staring! It’s rude, and the white ones mine. Don’t forget that” she said in both Korean and Japanese.

 

“You’re not even dating her, so I’ll take my chances” Momo replied in their native tongue while sticking her tongue out to Sana, teasing her.

 

“Stop it, guys. None of you owns her, so stop fighting” Mina said while holding Sana’s hand stopping her from pulling Momo’s tongue out.

 

“Stick it out again, and I’ll freaking pull your tongue out” Sana said rolling her eyes and letting Mina hug her.

 

“You can’t!” momo answered back

 

“Oh yes I can!” Sana said kicking Momo’s shin, she yelped.

 

“Stop! Both of you!” Mina said seriously, and they both stopped but still making silly faces at each other

 

 

At the other side of café…

 

“Oh sheet of paper! They’re really here! Speaking of luck” Chaeyoung said while making their orders. Blushing as she remember Mina looking at her intently—more likely at her lips.

 

“Snap out of it, let’s hope both of you survive today’s shift” Tzuyu said while putting lids to the orders.

 

“Ugh! She’s looking at me again!” Dahyun panicked in her voice, hot feeling creeping in her neck while she tried her best to act calm

 

“Shut it! Focus on work, both of you being panicked gays” Tzuyu said before calling Sana’s name.

 

Mina volunteered on getting their orders, she wanted to talk to Chaeyoung since the first time she saw her in the café.

 

“Two Americano and mocha Frappuccino” Tzuyu said, not even smiling. She saw Mina approaching the bar.

 

“She’s coming, act cool” Dahyun whispered to Chaeyoung, she almost dropped the boiling hot milk.

 

“Hi” Mina said timidly, Chaeyoung froze.

 

“Uh-Chaeyoung-ssi are you busy? May I have a word with you?” she asked politely looking at Dahyun and Tzuyu who shrugged. They don’t really mind they can manage the crowd.

 

Tzuyu nudged her frozen friend, who haven’t realized that she burned her hand. She took the cup and pitcher in Chaeng’s hand, pushing her to Mina.

 

“I-uh-yes of course” Chaeyoung said dusting her apron and wiping her hand, wincing, realizing that she got burned by the steam frothier. Mina only giggled.

 

“Where did the confident, Chaeng went?” she said giggling.taking the tray from the counter but Chaeyoung offered a hand to carry it to their seat.

 

“Hi” Sana and Momo greeted her, Chaeyoung bowed and looked at Mina. She excused herself and Chaeyoung taking her hand dragging her outside.

 

“Hey” Chaeyoung said looking away

 

“Hey, stop being shy to me” Mina said giggling thinking that this Chaeyoung is much attractive, with her uniform and dishevelled hair because Chaeyoung kept on touching her hair.

 

“I-uh don’t really know what to say, I kissed you and I don’t even know your name—that night” she clarified

 

“I really am so—“she got cut off.

 

“No its fine, I liked your kiss. Finally I caught you attention” she said confessing

 

“You what?”

 

“I usually come here to order coffee but I think I’m not that attractive that you don’t even recognize me” she said shyly

 

“Oh No! You’re very attractive” She tried covering but it was too late, she really has this habit of saying her thoughts out loud, Mina blushed.

 

“Thank you”

 

“So, to formally introduce myself.. I’m Son Chaeyoung, can I please get your number” She said but totally regretted it when she finally thought of the last line she said. Mina blushing, nonstop.

 

“Oh, I’m Myoui Mina, give me your phone” She said

 

Chaeyoung hesitantly gave her phone, and looked at the girl holding it. She thought to herself, Mina is very pretty and elegant. Mina’s phone rang, she gave Chaeyoung’s phone and answered the call.

 

“Hi, it was nice to formally meet you, are you free on Saturday?” She asked while looking at Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung answered with a smile on her face.

 

“Definitely” They were both smiling sweetly.

 

 

 

“Ugh, they look like a love sick puppy” Momo said sipping her coffee, looking at Chaeyoung and Mina.

 

“Let her be, she needed a distraction from her responsibilities, Momoring” Sana said, fiddling with her phone—sending a text to Dahyun.

 

“If you’re planning on stealing my tofu, you better stop. I’ve already imprinted myself to her” momo said dryly and Sana’s smile disappeared.

 

Momo smiled at her best friend, she likes teasing her.

 

“Say it one more time and I’ll freaking beat the crap out of you” she warned and rolled her eyes, continuing her text while she laughed.

 

“Calm down, I won’t try to compete with you, princess” Momo teased and that was the last straw, Sana stepped on Momo’s feet.

 

“Hey what did I told you about NO fighting?” mina said, sitting beside Sana.

 

The three of them spoke in their native tongue, talking about how hectic their schedules were and it was a blessing in disguise that they are far away from home. After 30 minutes they finally stood up and went onto their classes. They bid their goodbyes to the trio and thanked them for the wonderful coffee, as always.

 

 

The trio had to wait 2 hours to end their shift. Dahyun, went home first since she’s the opener while Chaeyoung and Tzuyu has the same schedule and had to be stuck for an hour and wait for the other three for the last shift.

 

 

Dahyun went to her class, thinking about Sana’s last text.

 

From: Sunbae

 

Dahyunnie, let’s have dinner at Takashi later after your class (heart eyes emoji)

 

She haven’t replied to the text still thinking about it, since she needs to save up to buy a new keyboard, her old keyboard has to go, some keys aren’t working so she needs to buy a new one as soon as possible. She’s too shy to ask money from her parents even though they’re in the above average lifestyle. She just wanted to be independent.

 

She started typing when another text from Sana appeared on her screen.

 

From: Sunbae

 

My treat, just say yes. Pretty please? (sad emoji)

 

And another..

 

From: Sunbae

 

I won’t take No for an answer, I’ll wait for you outside the Campus, 7:15pm.

 

She sighed and pocketed her phone before her professor see her texting in class, she’ll be in big trouble.

 

Her Professor dismissed their class at 7, she took her books and went outside the hall and went straight to the parking lot. She checked the time on her phone 7:09pm

 

To: Sunbae

 

I’ll be at the parking lot at 7:15

 

Not even a minute had passed and she received a reply from Sana

 

From: Sunbae

 

(Red hearts)

 

She smiled and went her way to the parking lot and found a smiling Sana leaning on a black Mercedes Benz, her jaw dropped.

 

“Wow! You own this?” Dahyun said looking at the shiny black car, Sana laughed.

 

“No, Silly! C’mon let’s take a cab” then the car started and drove off.

 

She linked arms with Dahyun while holding her books to her free arm. Sometimes she regrets using shoulder bags. And looked at a frowning Dahyun, embarrassed about the car incident. She giggled.

 

“Unnie, I feel embarrassed, bet I look like a fool” she pouted. Sana smiled fondly.

 

“No you’re not, if it was really mine would you like to drive around with me?” Sana asked

 

“Do you have a driver’s license?” Dahyun asked while Sana shook her head NO.

 

“Then, it’s a No.”

 

“You know I won’t take no for an answer” She said leaning to Dahyun’s shoulder.

 

She sighed and took Sana’s books since her bag has only one book, her laptop and some personal necessities. She usually leave her books and notes in her locker.

 

“I insist, my bag is not that heavy” She said while showing her backpack.

 

“Wow I envy you, mine’s full and my locker is also full—ugh!” she whined while Dahyun took her books to put it inside her backpack.

 

“You’re such a cutie” Sana pinched her cheek.

 

 

“Wow, Kim Dahyun” both of them stopped when someone talked behind them getting their attention.

 

 

“Kyulkyung—“ Dahyun whispered.

 

 

The girl was furious looking both at Sana and her.