The 31st

Roommates

Dahyun  woke up to the smell of strawberries and flowers, that same calming smell that she wakes up to few weeks ago before their silent war, opening her eyes slowly she was snuggling too close to Sana’s neck. The older girl holding her close, she couldn’t resist herself from sniffing the scent of the sleeping girl.  Slightly smiling, thinking how the older took care of her the whole night, woke her up at dawn so she could take her medications, the constant gentle back scratches whenever she moves or wince in pain because of her recurring headaches.

 

She was looking up to the girl, even with little to no sleep she still looks stunning-- as always. She felt her heart skipped a beat, wondering why she's  feeling this way. She tucked a few strands of Sana’s hair behind her ear, the girl suddenly stir awake.

 

“Hmm, Good Morning Dahyunnie, Are you still cold?” Looking down at Dahyun, caressing the face of the smaller girl, keeping her eyes closed—

 

“I’m don't feel cold and Good Morning, unnie” she smiled weakly still not feeling okay but better than last night.

 

“You were shaking the whole night that’s why I held you so close—I—I hate seeing you like that, If only I could take the pain away” her gaze softens as she stares at the younger girl’s eyes caressing her blushing cheek

 

“Unnie” she held onto Sana’s hand that was on her cheek

 

“Thank you, you don’t know how much I wanna talk to you for the past few days, you don’t know how much I missed you—“ blushing at the sudden confession

 

“I’m not gonna say that I haven’t done anything bad to you, you were upset with me and I hate it, I hate the way you ignored me, it hurts me.. it hurts here, unnie” she held Sana’s hand and placed it to against her chest, against hear beating heart. Sana was also blushing, flustered by the confessions.

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry.” She said sincerely--looking serious, she had never seen Dahyun this serious before. She was looking at her older friend with full of adoration.

 

“Dahyunnie, you don’t need to thank me. I wanna do this, I wanna take care of you. I wanna be with you always don’t you know that?” Sana smiled kissing Dahyun’s cheek adding more blush on pink tainted face.

 

“And about that thing —I’m—I was—I was just jealous, I’m sorry for being too sensitive” She looked away, She was about to move but Dahyun stopped her, confusion in her eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

“Well—you see, I was away for about a week then I came home to make it up to you, Cooked something for you—without burning down the whole apartment building! And then—“ she stops, looking away from Dahyun’s prying eyes

 

“Then what? Unnie, tell me please” Dahyun pleaded, eager to listen.

 

“Then, I saw you with Momo. You two were happy, I—I felt jealous! And—and I saw you two kissed. I didn't like it” she said looking away while admitting everything, blushing.

 

Dahyun was confused. Stoping Sana from getting up, pressing her body against the other to hold her down. Sana’s eyes widen, the younger girl almost straddling her, becoming more red by the position.

 

“Unnie, what are you saying? She gave me a kiss on my cheek” She said her brows were furrowed.

 

“Aren’t you two dating?” Sana asked challenging the girl on top of her.

 

“No. We’re friends, and shouldn’t you know first if we’re dating? She’s your bestfriend.”

 

“Oh”

 

Silence, silence takes place. Dahyun sighed, letting her body fall gently on her unnies body, hugging her—squashing her maybe. She never thought how jealous of a person her roommate is, Sana answers by wrapping her arms around the younger girl’s frame. Hearing each other’s breath and heartbeats.

 

“Sorry” Sana broke the silence.

 

“If I’m too sensitive, If I’m too possessive, I know I shouldn’t act this way.. but you’re important to me, I want you for myself and it’s bad because you’re not even mine..” her hug tightens as she was saying those words.

 

“I will change because I know it’s making you uncomfortable, Sorry Dahyunnie, I can’t help not to feel jealous..” Sana tear up, tormenting herself for having no courage to say it. She was throwing hints but I guess it’s hopeless since the girl sees it as a friendly gesture.

 

“Unnie, it’s fine. I actually like it when you’re like that, I think it’s cute.” AND SHE THINKS IT’S CUTE!!! Sana felt frustrated because the girl couldn’t read between the lines. She smiled bitterly hugging the girl burying her face to the black luscious locks of the girl she loves.

 

“I never intended to wake up this way, but sooner or later we’ll have to talk about it anyway. I’m just happy, we’re back to normal?” Dahyun hesitates. Still hugging Sana.

 

Sana and Dahyun is back to being more than lovers less than friends set up. She nodded. Giving Dahyun a kiss on her neck.

 

“How are you feeling?” Sana asked brushing her hand to Dahyun’s hair.

 

“Better than anything, we’re okay now!” Dahyun said facing Sana inches away from kissing each other both of them caught off guarded, but Dahyun remained smiling. Pulling herself up, Sana sat up as well.

 

“Yes we are” she said smiling timidly.

 

“Thank you for the chocolates, you really don’t have to give me a lot unnie” she said pointing at the Jar where she put all of the remaining sweet treats she got from Sana

 

“Anything for you, love” she said removing a hair-strand in Dahyun’s lips

 

“So, the sticky note I left you.. are you still up for it?" Dahyun wiggling her brows

 

“Yes of course! But—only if you’re well. You still needs to rest. No more over working for you! I actually don’t want you to work anymore” she said holding her chin thinking.

 

“Whoa there! Too bossy right over here!” Dahyun joked, both of them laughed.

 

“I need to work unnie, My dog can’t pay all of my bills. Unless they’ll accept Chaeng as my payment then yes I’ll stop working” she said smiling making Sana laugh, the laugh that she really likes to hear.

 

“Ugh, I’ll pay for it!” Sana said half laughing.

 

“With what unnie? Your cuteness? You’re even using my netflix account. Just save up your money Unnie, I can handle this!” She said flexing her arms with her nonexistent muscles

 

“I’ll pay it with my kisses! Starting from you!!” She said attacking Dahyun with kisses the younger girl tried to resist but Sana was hugging her tight. Laughing how silly they are.

 

After few minuets of play fighting, Sana called the doctor as the IV fluids ran out, Doctor Im went to check on Dahyun asking her how she feels, and if she’s drinking the medicines. Throwing jokes at the doctor covering her fear while Doctor Im removes the IV. Sana is restraining herself from being too territorial, ignoring the two by going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

Doctor Im left after having coffee with Sana outside while they talk about the secrets she’s been keeping from the girl while Dahyun has to remain lying on the bed because of her recurring fever, she fell asleep when she was left alone, dozing off due to the medicine.

 

Sana told Doctor Im about her situation, that Dahyun shouldn’t know her real identity the doctor agreed to cover her up and didn’t ask anything further. Thanking the doctor for being too kind. She went to prepare a porridge for Dahyun. Trying her best not to cut herself—This time she succeeded but still dropping stuff here and there, the usual clumsy Sana.

 

She called Mina just to thank her for the fruits she have sent while Momo also sent lots of treats for Dahyun all of it was delivered to their apartment, shaking her head with the absurd amount of gifts from both of her friends, she started to pick which one she’ll keep for Dahyun and which one to be sent back to her friends. The delivery man could only scratch his head. She explained how they would blow up their cover to Dahyun just by this simple but generous gifts, the two can only whine but agreed to Sana. She laughed how the three of them is been spoiling Dahyun so much.

 

She took some apple and oranges, peeling and slicing it for Dahyun taking it along with the porridge. Placing the tray beside the night table, waking dahyun gently.

 

“Love, wake up.. I got you something to eat” she said in her most gentle voice the pale girl stir awake.

 

“Unnie, I don’t want to eat” she said refusing to eat, turning a bit to her side. Sana clicked her tongue

 

“You need to fill this tummy of yours” Sana poked Dahyun’s tummy causing her to giggle.

 

“Or else I won’t take you too Universal Studios” she smiled, Dahyun looked at her.

 

“You’re joking! I hate you” she frowned. Dahyun has always been a fan of Harry Potter that she’s jealous because Sana already went to the theme park a lot of times.

 

“I’m not! If you’re well to travel I’ll take you to Japan on Spring break, a deal if you’ll eat this porridge I’ve prepared” smiling warmly

 

“You prepared this?” Sana nodded.

 

“Fine! I’ll eat, but I’m not gonna expect the USJ to happen, I know you’re luring me” squinting her sharp eyes. Sana could only laugh—If only I could tell you.. Sana thought

 

Sana feeding her baby—yes a baby that’s what she thought because Dahyun kept nibbling on her food sometimes she would shy away from the food.

 

Their Sunday was spent like that, taking care of Dahyun and also watching netflix, Sana was pampering her with attention, love and care. She would do anything for Dahyun that the girl already complained that she wanted to do it even just getting herself a glass of water but Sana was stubborn, Dahyun could only shook her head and smile.

 

"If you really thank me then kiss me" Sana said while pouring a glass of water for Dahyun in the KItchen. Dahyun could only do a tight lip smile, blushing slightly.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu dropped by Sana and Dahyun's apartment checking how their School Meal Club leader's condition, Chaeyoung being herself clung to her unnie--fake crying about how hard working and responsible her unnie is, spoon feeding Dahyun with fruits that Sana served for them. They could only offer fruits because Dahyun is sick and she forbids unhealthy food as long as Dahyun isn't well.

 

"YOU ONLY CALLS ME UNNIE WHEN I"M LIKE--DYING!" Dahyun glaring at Chaeyoung while the latter is spoon feeding her.

 

"You ain't dying--not yet! you freaking spoiled tofu!" Chae resisted herself from feeding the whole fork to Dahyun. Sana became too over protective and territorial that even threats like that she would scold Chaeyoung for it. Dahyun snickering.

 

"So.. you mean, you two are good now?" Tzuyu asked while eating her banana

 

"Yes" Sana smiled, behind those smiles the maknaes could read her emotions.

 

both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung sighed in relief. Chaeyoung stood up.

 

"I'll get it" Chaeyoung said when they heard a knock.

 

She wasn't expecting Mina and Momo in the entrance, the close proximity made Chaeyoung blush earning a gummy smile from Mina and ruffling of hair from Momo, kissing her cheek, flustering her and making Mina jealous on purpose.. Thinking her friends are hopeless.

 

"Hello, baby cub. I'm coming in" Momo invited herself in leaving the two at the entrance.

 

"Hyunnie-chan!" Momo whined and sat beside dahyun who was covered in fluffy blanket in the couch while Sana was wiping her nose.

 

"Unnie" she reached out her hand as Momo sat beside her, pouting as she was having runny nose.

 

"Daijobu desu ka, Hyunnie-chan?" she spoke in her native language making Sana confused

 

"Daijobu desu ne, arigatou gozaimasu" her diction and intonation isn't perfect but she was already proud! making Sana more confused but amazed.. so cute! she thought.

 

Momo pounced on Dahyun hugging her making the girl giggle.

 

"You're so cute! Let me keep you, please!" Momo whined, gently pinching Dahyun's baby fat under her chin. Sana cleared in annoyance making Momo untangle herself from Dahyun.

 

"Blow your nose, love" Dahyun obliged and let Sana put tissue in front of her nose, clearing her congested nasal passage.

 

They ordered Samgyetang and seaweed soup for dinner and of course fruits for dessert, Sana is trying to get rid of the  six baskets of fruits Mina and Momo sent this morning for Dahyun. A few minutes after dinner, Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo came and brought some chocopies for Dahyun and also some herbal tea that Jihyo's mom made for Dahyun. Introducing Momo and Mina to the group, they got comfortable after a few talks and laughs.

 

"So, are you two coming to the party right?" Nayeon asked Momo and Mina, nodding in response making Sana left out.

 

"It's next week Saturday, right? I'm excited!" Momo squealed in happiness, Jeongyeon smiled warmly. making the japanese girl blush.

 

"I haven't bought any outfit!" Nayeon whined pouting

 

"I haven't bought mine either, wanna go shopping with me, unnie?" Mina asked.

 

"Oh my God! Please!" Nayeon sat beside Mina making Chaeyoung move aside. Scrunching her face, Chaeyoung slouched.

 

"count me in! I need your insights, ugh" Jihyo groaned thinking that she haven't decided what to wear or who she will be on Halloween

 

"I think, It'll be fun if all of us will shop together!" Tzuyu said enthusiastically

 

"Right! I'm gonna buy a banana costume!" Jeongyeon  said laughing at her own joke.

 

"I'm gonna buy the same thing! We could be Banana bros!" Chaeyoung added laughing along. The group ignored them and talked about cute outfit ideas.

 

Sana was feeling a bit sad hearing how the girls are talking about the Halloween party, Dahyun sensed the quiet behavior of the Japanese girl who was sitting beside her fiddling with her own hands, she took Sana's hand and intertwine it with hers, as if their hands were made like a puzzle piece that perfectly fits. Looking at the pale-sick girl smiling at her she can't resist not to smile.

 

"How bout you, Sana? aren't you coming? It'll be fun!"Nayeon said earning a glare from her friends knowing why the girl couldn't come.

 

"I-I can't.. but I'll try! If I could book the same flight--" she looked at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who were already eyes-wide while Mina and Momo choked on their tea. Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon whipped their heads in unison.

 

"--Same flight on the same date but it's impossible because I'm broke" nervously laughing, Sana scratching her nape. making Tzuyu and the other girls snort.

 

"Too bad, there's always a next time! we can throw a Christmas party for those who are staying in Seoul on the 23rd?" Jihyo suggested squeezing Sana's hand to comfort.

 

"Yes! that's a good idea! before anyone could go home before Christmas!" Momo said sparkles in her eyes making Jeongyeon smile, adoration in her eyes looking at Momo who acts like a kid on the floor clasping her hands in excitement.

 

"Sure! We can do the secret Santa!" Chaeyoung looking at Mina who was smiling at her.

 

"The here is thick, I'm gonna move back to my seat" Nayeon making a face seating beside Momo who was busy talking to Sana's stuffed toy, joining her.

 

Both Mina and Chaeyoung looked away blushing by the comment of the eldest girl. Making Sana and Dahyun laugh. Everyone was having a good time talking about their schedules, plans and ideas on the 31st. The trio went home first while Tzuyu, Chaeyoung Mina and Momo went home together, dropping them off by their apartments leaving Sana and Dahyun alone so the pale girl could rest as it was already late.

 

"Careful" Sana said as the younger girl tries to stand by herself failing once she winced in pain witht he sudden action she made, Sana was quick to hold her arms to support the pale girl.

"Your equilibrium is tilted to the side you know" Sana jokingly said while the younger girl smiled warmly

"Unnie I can take it from here" she said holding to the door for support earning a frown from the bubbly girl

"but--"

"You need to rest too you know, i can sleep on my own don't worry I can call you if I needed any help" she smiled weakly

"Are you sure?" Not wanting to sound like a clingy girlfriend

"hundred percent" she said walking her way to her bed the elder girl followed suit, tucking her to bed--at least.

"I leave your doors unlocked then okay? so I can check on you" earning a nod from her sleepy roommate

"Good Night, Sana unnie. Thank you" she said before closing her eyes.

"Good Night, Dahyun-chan" she kissed the top of the younger's head turning to the side to turn on the bed side lamp before walking out of the room, switching the lights off..

Dahyun smiled with content, she felt warm and giddy by the sweet gesture of the older. Maybe it isn't bad to be sick after all..

 

 

a/n:

anyone still reading this? it took me so long to update, I'm so sorry. ;(