Chapter Five

Plan On Forever

 

                                                           Kang Su Bin

 

In a blink of an eye the week went by fast and finally, it is Friday. After tomorrow she and Song Jin will stand side by side pledging their love for each other in front of their friends and family, most importantly they will become family. When the clock turned five-thirty the Minnie Mouse dual speaker alarm clock that sits on Su Bin's white regal nightstand went off. The bride tossed and turned upon hearing the alarm not wanting to leave her warm bed just yet. But knowing that she's in her parents' house and not her shared apartment getting to work might take a bit longer if there's traffic. " Ugh I don't want to get up but I don't want to be late for work", The bride contemplated as she stopped the alarm. Next, she checked her phone seeing if Song Jin sent her any messages or called, there was none. So she quickly texted him instead before getting ready for work.

 

                                                             Y/N

 

In the music room practicing "Through the night" one last time and by now you felt confident that on Saturday you're ready to sing.

 

*Knock* *Knock* "

 

Come in!", you say getting up from the piano and started arranging music sheets on the desk. It was Kang seonsaeng who carefully entered the room "Morning Hwang-seonsaeng!", she greeted walking over to your desk. " Morning Kang-seonsaeng, what can I do for you?", You say as you sit down in your chair. " I was wondering if you could do me a favor". " Sure. What is it?". " I have some wedding details that I need to tend to this afternoon, but I'll try to make it back if I can. So will you please watch my class?", Kang-Seonsaeng asked looking a bit stressful to think of it. " Yeah I can look after your class", You say confidently which gave Su Bin relief to hear it. There was a bit of time left before the bell rang, she was able to inform you on how to handle her class and give you her class attendance list. " I cannot thank you enough for doing this for me". You smiled saying that it was no problem. " Oh, by the way, I heard in the teachers' lounge. They say Song Minho the gym teacher asked you out!", Kang-seonsaeng raised an eyebrow at the silly gossip. You awkwardly laughed before telling what happened. " Well, he asked if he and I could go together to your wedding". Kang-seonsaeng squealed like a school girl. " Aigoo so he did! Let me ask you, do you have a boyfriend?". You shook your head no then Su Bin had a real big smile on her face. " Ok! so what did you tell him?". Just when you were about to say something there was a knock at the door. "Come in!", You both say then Kang-seonsaeng whispered to you to texts her what happened before turning away to walk back to her classroom. Once Su Bin was out of earshot Minho entered the room. He sported a pair of black sweatpants and a gray hoodie". "Oh good morning Song-seonsaeng", You brightly smiled when you greeted him. His ears turned pink from hears you say his name. "Morning Hwang-seonsaeng I didn't hear you sing this morning", He joked as usual whenever you two encountered. " I did sing, I guess I didn't sing loud enough for you to hear me", You chuckled joking back with him. " It's fine I'll watch your debut tomorrow", He says then sits down in on one of the little children sized chairs, his face turned a bit serious for a moment. " About the wedding tomorrow...", You started to say as you took a seat next to him. Minho nodded head carefully listening to what you have to say. "I thought about it and yes I will go with you", You say genuinely smiling at him to ease the tension. " Okay, I'll pick you up?", He shyly said scratching his neck but inside he was bursting with happiness. You nodded your head then as you both stood up the bell rang signaling school had started and children were starting to coming into your classroom.

 

                                                                 IKON

 

The weather was perfect; warm and bright just in time to have an outdoor event. In the three years after debuting as an official boy group, they were able to hold a fan meeting celebrating their 3rd anniversary. At the meet and greet location, there were many fans that came; some Internationally, students of various ages and etcetera. It was a good time for IKON meeting and interacting with fans as much as they possibly could. Towards the end of the meet and greet session a microphone was passed to each member expressing their gratefulness to the fans. From left to right it started with leader B.I, Bobby, Jinhwan, Junhoe, then to Yunhyeong, Donghyuk and it ended with Chanwoo the maknae. The mic then made it back to Bobby. " Once again to our lovely Ikonics I thank you for all of your love and support for IKON. We'll always try to do our best and work hard to bring you good music!", Said the rapper then they bowed and waved goodbye before they were escorted out of the venue. Fans screamed and called after them as their manager and security team safely guided them to their van.

 

                                                        Hyung Soo

 

Over at Melodic Eatery, it was now the dinner rush, although it wasn't too bad since all the scheduled staff was there working hard. On the contrary, Hyung Soo was in his office looking over the changes to the menus he liked to change foods from them depending on the seasons.

 

*Ring* *Ring*

 

Hyung Soo set down the menus to answer his cell phone seeing his mother's number. Hyung Soo: Hello? Eomma? How was your trip?

Eomma: Oh Son! Our plane just landed. Ah! Jejudo was so relaxing and we got presents for you and your sister. Is Y/N- ah with you? Hyung Soo: That's great Eomma. Y/N is not with me right now but I'll give her call and see if she wants to come with me to pick you Eomma: Alright well your father is gathering our luggage now. We'll meet you at terminal 2. Hyung Soo: Okay see you soon and I may or may not bring a special guest with us. Eomma: Hmm? Who is it? a girl? Hyung soo: Alright bye! Love you Eomma. Hyung Soo said quickly feeling his heart racing fast ending the phone call so sudden. Then he immediately called You before going into the kitchen to tell Jaesi. Everything was happening so fast but, Hyung Soo was able to get both of their shifts covered including closing up the restaurant. Through the whole drive to the airport, Hyung Soo was anxious and eager to see how his parents' will react towards Jaesi since his past relationships weren't as serious where he was ready to introduce them his family. Jaesi sitting in the passenger seat saw the distraught look in his face. "Hyung Soo-Ssi everything will be ok. I'll be my charming self and hopefully, they'll like me", she said squeezing his hand to reassure him. Hyung Soo squeezed her hand back while still concentrating on the road. The mood in the car lightened up when You told your brother to turn on the radio to fill the quietness of the car with music.

 

                                                                    Jaesi

 

Once they arrived at the airport and found the correct terminal. Hyung Soo pulled over to the side parking parallel like the other cars. As Jaesi watches from the window so many people going in and out of the airport, families reunited with their loved ones. "Are you feeling nervous about meeting them?" , Her boyfriend's voice snapped her out of her trance. Jaesi turned to face him she shook her head then, gave him a smile to assure him. Jaesi was now left in the car waiting for the Hwang siblings to return with their parents. Seeing families reunite made Jaesi missed hers a lot especially her twin sister Jieun. Back then when she still lived in Korea. In high school, she was given the scholarship to study cooking in France although at the same time she and Jieun had planned after university that they would inherit their family's confectionary shop once their parents retired back to their hometown in Busan. It was the hardest decision she had to make at eighteen. As Jaesi thought about more of her family her eyes began to fill up with tears. She tried to blink the tears away but a tear had trickled down her face starting to ruin her makeup.

A moment later after she touched up her makeup and her fixed her hair she was startled by Hyung Soo knocking on the window. Jaesi got out of the car to greet their parents. " Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jeon Jaesi nice to meet you The outing with the Hwangs went really well Jaesi felt welcomed and comfortable as well as finding that she and their mother had so much in common over dinner, the night ended as they went to their parents' house where they were showing the souvenirs they bought from their trip while eating some fruits.