Dangerous

Rainy Season

Yuri’s POV


Bang

 

I looked at my cousin who was banging hard on the steel double door in front of her like a mad woman. I laid my back comfortably on the driver seat of my car, not really want to care about the commotion in front of me. After all, why am I even here helping some stupid who clearly don’t deserve it?

 

Bang

 

Another sound interrupted my daydreaming, it can be a sign of danger. I got out of my car when the door opened pushing Tiffany to the ground. Why is she trying this hard for something so annoying? I walked up to my cousin and helped her up before she got even more pissed at the incident.

 

“Who are you? Why are you here?” A well build guy came out of the building and asked showing sign that he clearly didn’t want to be disturbed. I looked at my cousin whose clothes had been dirtied by the dust that overflowing on the ground. This turned out to be a very bad day for me and for her. Now I’m ready to punch some idiots in the face. I walked up to the guy and showed him my freshly received badge. Upon seeing my name, he seemed to know immediately who he was dealing with, as he ran back inside. That is pretty weird, the last time I checked, I’m their enemy not someone they were scared of. I looked at my cousin when she nudged me with her elbow. What is she planning?

“This is our chance, let’s go in.” Seriously? Is this girl not having any fear?

“Hey this is not a place where you can just walk in and out. It is really dangerous. Beside haven’t I done enough?”

“Yuri, please don’t do this. I told you already that Jessica is blind. Like you said that this is a dangerous place for us, so how about a disable person. Who know what they planned to do with her?” Tiffany grabbed my hand not wanting me to give up on this mission. The mission that I unwillingly got myself into.

“I’m sorry but this is all I do for that woman.” I know that this is not the right thing to do to someone in need of help but what she did to me was unforgivable. I took Tiffany’s hand of mine and made my way back to my car. But before I could reach my comfortable driver seat, a scream was heard. As I turned around, I saw no Tiffany in sight.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I understand how Yuri feel toward me and Jessica. I kept everything from her for a long time and watched her suffer. However, it was not like I have a choice, how could I go against someone’s wish? How could I go against someone who love my cousin so much so that she decided to suffer alone? To say that I’m not a slightly bit thankful for this situation is a lie. Even though Jessica is in danger, I hope that both of them can have another chance to be together in this lifetime. I looked at Yuri’s turned back as she had refused to help the only person who she had never forgot for even a day. In order to save this tragic relationship, I decided to face any danger inside the door that is waiting for me. I took a deep breath as I took a step inside the old and run down factory.

 

“Yah boss will kill you, if you touch her. He wants to sell her with a high price, you know.” As soon as I got pass the steel door into the building, a loud voice could be heard. As I understood the context of them talking about selling a human being, that was so cruel. I ran without having another thought and pushed open the unlocked door. I screamed in terror at the scene in front of me, Jessica was tied up and she was evidently hit by them. I looked at the girl in front of me who had tear stain on her cheeks and a red marks visible on her hand. She must have been struggling against them.

“Hey where do you come from? Such a beautiful face, want to join us?” One of the guys in the room walked toward me, I could see that he had a small knife in his hand. I stood still not knowing what to do and started regretting my rush decision for a while. When Yuri said that it is dangerous, I would never imagine that it would be this dangerous. As the guy grabbed my face with his dirty hand and pointed his knife at me, I pushed my knee up against his special spot. As the second guy went down to check on the first guy who fell down to the floor, I ran toward Jessica and untied her. I was busy checking her condition and didn’t rely another guy had walked in. He grabbed my neck and pushed me hard against the wall. I struggled again him to breath but as his grip got tighter, I found myself losing air.

“Take your hands off of her.” As the hand on my neck was gone, I took a deep breath and tried to stand up. Yuri was pointing her gun at my attacker. I was so relief that I felt the urge to go and hug her but that wasn’t the time. I went down and check on Jessica again.

“Officer Kwon Yuri, nice to see you again.”

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“Put your gun down. There is no need for violent, we can talk this out, right?” I looked at the guy in front of me, Taecyeon, their boss’s right hand. I stood firm with my gun while staring at the guy who was just attacking my cousin. Taecyeon saw that and walked up to the guy. He grabbed his shoulder before swinging his hand hard across his face.

“I’m sorry for his rudeness, don’t worry about it. Nickhun is our new recruit. He doesn’t know our important history.” I looked at the tall guy in front of me, still hasn’t changed a bit even after five years. Among all of his gang members, Taecyeon is the closet to his boss, straightforward and cruel. Definitely not the type of guy to mess with. I put my gun down and checked on my cousin. Knowing that we were not out of danger yet, I decided to stay on guard.

“So what bring you here, Officer? I can see that you finally get back on the force.” He asked as he sat down on the chair locating not too far from where Jessica and Tiffany were. This guy has power and he liked to show it. I put up a smile not really want to piss him off.

“I think your gang had done something that you shouldn’t do.” He looked at Jessica and Tiffany before turning his attention to the gun in my hand.

"It seemed to me that we had cross some kind of line for you to go full cop on us. What is the relationship between you and her?” I have to be very careful not to show Jessica’s true identity, otherwise we will never get out of here alive.

“She is my cousin. We were supposed to pick her up from the airport but it seemed like you guys had her mix up with someone else.”

“That’s strange. We don’t have her mix up with anyone at all. You see, before starting something, we were really well planned.”

“I don’t think a disable and fragile person like my cousin would have such enemy but since I caught you red handed, let’s just make a deal with each other. I’ll turn a blind eye on your activity, so let her go.” I hate to do this on the first day of my job but I have to get us out of this. Damn Tiffany, what have you done?

“Hmm I don’t really like failing my mission but since you asked so nicely, it’s a deal.” That’s a relief. I walked up to him and shook his hand as a seal to our deal before picking Jessica up in my arms. Never in my life would I have imagine doing this again.

“About Jung Sooyeon, I just want you to know that we will find her eventually. You’ve been hiding her well for over five years but my boss will come out soon. Tell her to take care. Oh can I threaten a police officer like this? Haha” I looked at the trembled girl in my arm, hugging me as if her life depended on it. Funny how you don’t know that you found her when she is right in front of you. Come find her any day because I’m no longer trying to hide her from you anyway.

I quickly put Jessica down on the back seat of my car before rushing back to Tiffany who was obviously hurting.

"We should get out of here first. Let’s go home for now. We have to get Jessica out of her clothes and calm her down.” I looked at the person who I had never imagine meeting again. Her left cheek was swollen and there was a cut on her lower lip. They must have slapped her during her struggling. Both of her wrist were red, obviously from her trying to get rid of the tie. Judging from her eyes, it seemed like she had cry for a while. I still can’t believe that she is blind. What exactly happened during those five years. I thought you never wanted to see me again, I thought you wanted nothing to do with me. Why are you here then? I must be crazy. Why do I care? I turned my attention back to the front and started the engine of the car. Let’s go home and rest for now. She will be gone in the morning.

 

Hayoung’s POV

 

“What? What did you do?” I looked at the frantic guy in front of me asking the obvious question.

“I hired Taecyeon’s gang to kidnap Jessica.” I tried to be an angel by explaining it to him.

“How could you do something like that? How did you even know that she came back to Korea?” Sehun looked at me as if I’m a ghost. Did he not know by now that my father is a really powerful guy and I can find whoever I want?

“Why? Are you mad that I’m not asking you to do it?” I took a sip from my wine glass starting to get more annoyed that this guy seems to not be on my side.

“Do you think I would do that if you ask me? I’m a police officer and Yuri is my bestfriend. I would never betray her like that.” He had his head in his hand as if he was the one responsible for someone’s dead. Correct me if I’m wrong but shouldn’t police officer be a little braver?

“Would you calm down? It’s not like you have anything to do with this. Beside Yuri will never know. It will be our little secret, right?” I took his hand in mine and kissed cheek. No matter what he is supposed to be on my side. He looked at me in shock that I, Oh Hayoung just kissed him. If a kiss is all it takes for me to get what I want, then why not? I don’t care what I have to lost to get Kwon Yuri.