I will take care of you

Rainy Season

Author’s POV

 

The night was cold, it made sense for it was the start of winter but the atmosphere in the car was not a typical one. Even though the air conditioner was blazing cold air, Sehun couldn’t help but sweating quite a lot. He took his right foot off of the accelerator and step slowly on the brake until the moving car stopped completely. Hayoung didn’t spare a glance at him, she was looking at the scenario outside. He took his eyes from the empty road and placed them attentively on the girl of his dream. The midnight sky was dark and the glowing light from the moon combined together like a background of a painting. In front of them, Hayoung stood out effortlessly with her white skin and y black dress.

“You don’t want to do it?” Hayoung asked still focusing on the scenario outside.

“No, it’s not like that, it’s just I have no idea where she is. Even Yuri doesn’t know.” He said feeling slightly bad to see Hayoung’s disappointed face.

“Minho told me that she was a lawyer. With my connection, I can find her just as easy.” He shook his head at her suggestion.

“After Minho met Yuri and introduced her to us, we had tried to find Jessica many times but it was like she just disappeared.” Sehun replied back hoping that his long time crush would believe him.

“Why did you guys try to find her?”

“Because Yuri had never stopped loving Jessica, we just couldn’t’ bear to see her suffer.” As soon as the words left Sehun’s mouth, he regretted. Hayoung looked down as tear threatened to fall from her eyes. Maybe she should just give up, oh if only that is the type of person she is.

“Let’s just go home okay? You’ll feel better after a good night’s sleep.” Sehun said as he put his right foot back on the accelerator. Hayoung didn’t say anything else before turning her attention back to the gloomy night outside the window.

 

“Where were you?” Tiffany said as soon as she saw Yuri walking through the front door of their joint apartment. Well it was Yuri’s apartment but since she also stayed for the moment babysitting her old cousin, she can just say that it is theirs.

“Why ask when you already know?” Yuri replied, she took off her sneakers and put them inside the shoe cabinet. Don’t ask, it was not her, it was her annoying cousin’s property. She walked over and dropped herself on the sofa as Tiffany disappeared inside the kitchen. She swung her head to her right trying to reach for the Television controller when her hand caught something else. She turned her head toward the culprit only to see the stack of brown envelops on the coffee tables in front of her.

“Urgg here we go again.” Tiffany came out and put a glass of water in front of her.

“I’ve been sending out your resume to various companies, they all seem so interested in you. You should contact some of them and make appointments for interviews.” Yuri took a deep breath, here we go with her nagging. She brought herself up to a sitting position and poured all the content in the glass down .

“How long are you going to live like this? I understand that you live just fine without it. For all the saving that you’ve being saving from your last job, you can live for another 5 years. But are you really planning on wasting your life for that long?” Tiffany continued as her cousin tried to block her out with the water that she was busy drinking.

“If you are going to keep on nagging, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight.” She put down the empty glass back to its previous position before standing up but Tiffany didn’t let it go.

“Yuri please just stop wasting your life. I can’t bear to see you like this. You are so different, I don’t think I even know you anymore. Please go back to your old self. Please” Tiffany said and like usual she cried because of Yuri again. Yuri turned back to her once bestfriend. She was right, even Yuri herself didn’t recognize the Yuri today. She had never expected anyone else to understand. She put her left hand on Tiffany’s head and caressed it lovingly just like how she likes it.

“Don’t worry, I won’t live as long as five years.” She said as her younger cousin bawling her eyes out.

 

“I can’t bear to see you go. You’ve been with us for so long, you are like one of my daughter.” The nurse said as she hugged Jessica as tight as a mother hugging her precious child. Jessica smiled kindly at the old lady, she hugged her back just as tight as hers. For five years that she was here, everyone took care of her like she was their family member.

“Promise to keep contact with us okay? Tell us everything going in your life.” The nurse let go of her and proceeded to demand stuffs from her.

“Of course I will, I will keep on pastoring all of you until you guys bored of me.” The young girl joke to lighten up everyone’s mood and luckily it worked.

“Come visit us often okay?” Dr. Kim said and handed another red rose toward his daughter’s patient.

“Should we take you to the airport? Can you go alone like this?” Another nurse said as the taxi drive informed that he had put all of her belonging in the truck.

“It’s okay, I will be fine. I should learn to depend on myself.” Jessica replied as she gave her farewell to all of them one last time.

“Still I don’t think you should start so early.” The nurse kept on worrying and Dr. Kim started to get worry as well.

“It really is okay…”

“I’ll go with you.” Everyone including Jessica were shock to see the one and only Kim Taeyeon already took off her white coat with her backpack ready for the trip.

“I’m really okay” Even in the end, Jessica still hurt Taeyeon the same way she always did.

“Don’t worry, I’m not planning on going on the plan with you.” Taeyeon cut her didn’t want to get her feeling hurt much longer. She opened the door and guided her ex patient into the awaiting taxi. Everyone looked at Taeyeon like she was possessed. What changed her mind?

“Don’t look at me like that. She is still my patient until she left America. I’m just doing my job.” She said before getting into the passenger seat. To answer the last question, nothing changed her mind, she plans on taking care of Jessica for a long long time.