The sky is crying

Rainy Season

The sky was cloudy. The air was cold. I stood quietly in the middle of the slippery road. To my left, people walked out and about trying shelter themselves from the rain. To my right, you were running toward me. Why? Oh right, we had a date. We did. You called me in the middle of my working hour asking if I would like to meet. You said you have something to say. I smiled, of course I would still meet you even if we are just going to sit and look into each other’s eyes.

 

“ What do you want to do? Where should we go? ” I asked through the phone

“ I don’t know, it looks like it is going to rain today. ” You replied. I looked out through the window. The sky looked like it was about to cry soon. The weather broadcast also gave us a warning.

“ Then how about we go to a café? We can sit and talk, not to mention avoiding the rain. ”

“ You only want to go there because you scare of the rainy weather. ” There you go again, teasing me about my Ombrophobia.

“ You got me ” I laughed

“ Is it okay though? You can’t drink coffee remember? ”

“ They have other thing other than coffee. ” I said with a slight tease in my voice.

“ Okay, see you there ”

“ Yes see you ” I smiled as you hung up the phone. I don’t like going out in this weather, but for you I will go anywhere in any kind of weather. That is just how much I love you.

 

I looked at you who were running, screaming and crying. Are those tears real? Are you really crying or is it just the rain playing trick on me? Ah I hate rain.

 

“ Sica, I’m sorry I’m late. There were too many customers coming in. ” I said in the middle off catching my breath.

“ Yul calm down. I have just arrived too. ”

“ I just really hate keeping you waiting for me. ”

“ You keep everyone waiting for you all the time. ”

“ Yup, everyone has to wait for me, but not you. ” Because you are my princess.

“ Cheesy. I’m going to miss this. ” She mumbling something in the last sentence.

“ What did you say? ”

“ Nothing, let’s order. ”

 

You hugged me. You kept hugging and shaking me. Why now? Why didn’t you do so minutes ago when I was begging you to?

 

“ Your hands are cold. ” I said as I was rubbing them with my hands in hope of warming them up.

“ What’s wrong? You seem quiet, are you sick? ” I asked as I put my hand on your forehead. You didn’t say anything instead you just sat there looking at me. I looked into your eyes that were boring into mine. There was no light in them, your eyes that used to be shinning bright now were as dark as the sky outside.

“ Here is the bill. ” I snapped back from my thought and paid attention to the waiter.

 

Ah I just remember that it is still raining. I need an umbrella. Eh? The rain drops aren’t wetting me. I looked up at the sky, the pouring rain was coming down as hard as my mood. I still hate rain.

 

“ Ah it is raining as we had expected. Sica ah, wait for me here okay? I will go and get my umbrella from my car. ”

“ Yuri ah” You called out as you took a hold of my hand. I looked down at our joint hands. Your hands were still cold. Your eyes had changed. Instead of presenting the dark aura of sadness, now they showed frustration.

“ Are you okay? ” I said as I took hold of both of your hands.

“ Let’s break up. ” My hands feel empty as you let go of them.

“ It is still a little early, isn’t it? We have only been together for three years. ” I asked in hope that you would change your mind.

“ It has been long enough, I’m tired. ”

“ Please don’t, Jessica please stay by my side. ”

“ I’m sorry, Yuri ” If this is a dream, please wake me up.

“ Why? ”

“ Things are hard for me right now. Everything is overwhelming. I don’t think being in a relationship would be the right choice for me. You are just distracting. It’s annoying. I don’t want to be with you anymore. ” This is the longest sentence you had produced today. Do you want to break up with me that bad?

“ Do you think it is easy for me? ” I had a hard time too. I had a hard time accepting that to me, the only thing that keeping me in this world is you, but to you, I’m just someone that you find annoying and better of throwing away.

“ I’m sorry ”

“ You’re so cruel ” I said as you walked away not paying any mind to the rain drops that were hitting your body wetting them in the process.

 

You were indeed cruel. You broke my heart. You said you don’t want me anymore. Then why? Why are you here hugging me? Why are you screaming my name begging me to leave?

 

“ It’s not my fault. She just came out of nowhere. Why would someone be standing in the middle of the street in this weather. ” I watched as the driver of the BMW rambling on and on about how the accident was not his fault.

“ Someone please call an ambulance. ” I watched as you screamed your lung out while holding me in your hand.

“ Yuri Yuri please wake up, don’t leave me. Yuri ” I smiled as I watched you crying, screaming my name. I walked up and sat down beside you. I wish I could remember you being like this, but I can’t. I can’t be as cruel as you.

“ Sica ah, she’s gone. The Yuri who is loving you, distracting you, annoying you is gone. ” I said I looked up at the sky that is still crying. You were crying, I was crying. Strangely it isn’t bad anymore. Now that I won’t be wet by the rain drops, won’t be struck by lightning, won’t be drown in the flood, I think I don’t have to be scared of the rain anymore. You know what? I don’t even have resentment or grudge toward you anymore. I think I can let you go. I will be praying for your happiness. Do you know why? Because I love you, I love you enough to let you go. Please be happy, be well. I stood up looking at myself once last time. Me who was in your arm, blood dripping from my head. The water that were surrounding my body was changed to red color. My clothes also became red. Those were the last image of my lifeless body. Sica ah, goodbye. I love you.

 

It’s a rainy day to break up, it still feels a little early. Why Why Why

By myself in the middle of the night. The mood that is left with me is down down down