-㈧-

Monachopsis | Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘But I know
I can't do that forever’

It was true, Jeongguk somehow did let the mask be taken off for once, in front of Jimin. But it didn't mean he could still face the world without it, that he could live without it. Jimin seemed joyful because he saw him, never did stop telling him how beautiful he was, that he didn't need to hide, because he was perfect to him. 

Jeongguk was grateful, almost got swayed with Jimin's fairy voice into believing that it was the actual case, that he wasn't so hideous, that he didn't deserve all the hatred he received since a young age, all the trauma, all the pain. 

Jeongguk never said anything, but Jimin seemed to already know. He didn't know if it was a mere coincidence or not, but Jimin seemed to be there everytime he had those thoughts. And he'd usually caress his hair in such a tender manner, as if shushing his cruel mind, kissing every part of his face that he'd get high on the feeling, get lost in his loving touches that he'd forget what it was all about. 

Jimin seemed to have a halo around him, magical, made of light, heavenly, sweet in the most beautiful way a human could exist. It all made it so hard not to believe anything Jimin said, so he took it all in, all the beauty, the exquisiteness, all the affection, all the pretty words Jimin told him. 

Jeongguk thought it was really strange, how he loved Jimin, how he felt his warmth on his skin long after he was gone. But it graced his heart that the only person he adored so dearly viewed him in such a positive light. His life undoubtedly became much bearable when Jimin came around, everything was lighter, happier, easier, like he was graced with the presence of an angel, the benediction of heaven. 

‘I have to hide.’

Yet, Jeongguk was so insecure still, deep down, he was scared of it all shattering like some beautiful dream, as soon as he would dare to take action and defy his crippling fears. 

It wasn't something he controlled, the stream of anxiety that would hit him just at the thought of someone glancing upon his face. It wasn't something he knew how to explain, but Jimin understood it was painful for him, stressful, so he didn't insist, but Jeongguk still felt like he was healing, slowly but surely. 

Jeongguk though, couldn't explain a couple of things that started to happen since the day Jimin came to live with him. He started hearing sounds of music and merriments in the middle of the night. It was almost otherworldly, inhuman, and so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter