(五)

Monachopsis | Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk felt bad for what he said but he couldn't dare go looking for Jimin again. Jimin didn't need his mere existence, for he only brought bad luck. Jeongguk believed that the moment he'd enter Jimin's life, it would probably all turn to hell, and he didn't want anything bad to happen to his precious boy. 

On the other hand, Jimin was out of the castle in the few minutes that followed his conversation with Jeongguk. He took his silence as a silent confirmation, that the young noble was just politely saying that he didn't want him around and Jimin couldn't blame him. It was weird Jeongguk even helped him to begin with, so the fact that he stayed in his room for more than two weeks was mind boggling to him to say the least. 

Jimin was mad for some reason, soon after he felt heart-broken. He wondered why he did even feel that way, for Jeongguk had no obligations towards him. Jeongguk didn't have to do anything from the kind things he had done to him but Jimin still somehow felt betrayed, and he almost called himself an ungrateful brat for how sharp his thoughts against Jeongguk were. 

When he arrived to the city, Taehyung was the first person he met. The latter greeting him with his boxy smile, his oceon eyes glittering beautifully. Jimin couldn't comprehend why everyone in the city loathed him for his oceon blue eyes and sunshine blonde hair, judging him to be a cause of doom or result of sorcery. Jimin just found him to be beautiful, and to him different never meant evil. Jimin grinned as Taehyung ran to him, hugging him tightly, and Jimin hugged him back with a smile and Taehyung squished his face hard onto his chest it became a bit hard to breath. 

“Damn, I was so scared that you'll die in there. I'm so glad you came. I missed you so much!” Taehyung beemed happily as he dragged Jimin around to a near bunch, sitting there then staring straight to Jimin's eyes, as if he expected somehow that Jimin had something to say. When the latter didn't say anything, Taehyung decided he had to be more specific. “How did it go with that noble? I think he's really nice. I also think he likes you.”

Jimin was looking at Taehyung's eyes, but at the question, he couldn't keep the eye contact anymore so he shifted his gaze to look at his feet. Taehyung frowned at the abrupt change of demeanor. He had previously supposed that Jimin would have already befriended Jeongguk for he stayed in the castle for a long time, but Jimin's expression was almost sullen, earnest and morose, seemed to say the complete opposite and Taehyung felt his heart clench. 

“He did it just out of pity. He wants nothing to do with me.” Jimin muttered with a pout, and Taehyung wanted to hug him again so bad but he knew he had to listen to what he had to say first. “He refuses to show me his face, he refuses to tell me his name, he refuses t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter