(十一)

Monachopsis | Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Maybe back then’

Jimin was sitting in his cabin, starboard of the ship, Taehyung being in the cabin that faced him, on the port side. Taehyung was melancholic, for Jimin didn't say he liked him back, and Taehyung knew deep down the reason but he still refused to see it. 

Taehyung knew Jimin's heart belonged to Jeongguk, but if that was so, then why was he leaving with him to Norway? Why didn't he stay with Jeongguk if he loved him? His actions and his words didn't add up, didn't make sense to him at all. 

Jimin could sense his sadness, in the small ways with which he looked at him, in the small differences in the way he spoke, in the ways he behaved himself, the ways in which he avoided to speak about Jeongguk because Jimin sensed it made him jealous. 

Jimin cared so much about his friend, but it wasn't romantic at all, not even in the slightest. He sensed it long ago, when Taehyung's behaviors was getting more and more devious, more and more further away from normal. 

Jimin could see it was love, somehow Taehyung's fascination with how Jimin treated him like he was worth it made him fall for him. Jimin didn't look down on him for being different, for having the most noticable ocean eyes and sunrays blonde hair. 

It was the same Jimin would do for anyone else, but he was his friend, he knew him well, well enough to know when it became a bit more than friendship, but he wasn't going to do anything about it. 

‘Just a little
Just this much’

Jimin's mind drifted to think of Jeongguk, was his baby okay? Was he eating well? Was he sleeping well? Jimin wished he was there to take care of him, even after all the ways he changed towards him, even after he acted like he didn't want him at all. 

But that was the point, that Jimin could see right through it for what it was, a mere act because for some reason, Jeongguk wanted him to get away from him. Jimin could sense he loved him, from the languid ways he stared at him from behind closed doors, from behind his wine glass and all the stolen glances he did quiet too often. 

He'd tell him he was sick of him one second then stare at him like he meant the entire world to him the next second. Jimin didn't know what he did to deserve such treatment from Jeongguk. 

So Jimin waited patiently for it to be over, for Jeongguk to treat him well again. But it never happened, and he got tired of waiting but he still was patient with Jeongguk. 

Jimin didn't even once raise his voice back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter