(一)

Monachopsis | Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⇲ Inspired by The Truth Untold

That's why they'll be parts of the song between paragraphs in italics. As If I'm telling the story of each line. 

- - - 

Jeongguk always wore a mask. And as a general rule of thumb, behind every mask there was a face and behind every face, there was a story. 

‘Full of loneliness
The garden bloomed
Full of thorns
He bound himself in his sand castle’

He swore to never leave his castle, and he swore to never take off the mask. No one had to see his ugly face, because no one could love him at all. But he was lonely, and undoubtedly rich too. So to see people without seeing him and without leaving his castle, he organized ball parties where everyone wore masks. He melt in with the crowd, with no one recognizing him as the castle's owner. He could feel normal, even if just for a short bit of time. He was almost used to people who come to his parties, he recognized them by their usual masks and he always sent invitations to the same people. 

He turned by the corner and his eyes fell on a beautiful boy. He could tell he was beautiful because he wore no mask at all. Moon sparkly eyes, hair as dark as the winter sky, plump cherry lips and naturally rosy cheeks. The beautiful boy was so preoccupied eating to notice him. He wanted to know his name, tried to remember the names on his invitation papers but nothing clicked. He was tempted to ask him about his invitation until he saw the boy pulling a bag and putting plates and plates of food inside. Jeongguk was wide-eyed staring at him. Noble people didn't take food like this. No, it was obvious he was a commoner. 

“Hey, you!” 

Jeongguk shouted and the boy turned with food still inside his lovely cheeks, his eyes taking a round shape as he knew that he got caught. Before he ran away between the crowd with the bag in his hand. Jeongguk ran after him but the boy was fast, much faster than him. 

When Jeongguk reached the door, the boy had already climbed the wall. He saw him and he smirked in victory before jumping and disappearing out of sight. He got away with it, and he was pround. Jeongguk was angry for he went inside of his party with neither an invitation nor a mask. Without a mask! Wearing a mask was the only goddamn rule and yet that boy dared to break it. 

But was he even angry that he saw his face? 

‘What is your name?’

That night, the boy was in his dreams. For man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter