(四)

Monachopsis | Jikook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this was how Jimin stayed in the castle. The physician still came to check on him, and all the maids were very nice to him. The only person he didn't seem to see again was that beautiful masked man that was next to him when he woke up the first day. He didn't know his name or who he was but when he asked the maids, they told him the man was the owner of the castle and that he was residing currently in the young master's personal room. Jimin wanted to know where he went instead but everyone refused to tell him where the owner resided. He insisted saying he just wanted to thank him but the maids just said they'll make sure to transfer the message to the young master for the latter didn't want to see him. 

To be honest, Jimin was disappointed. He had this idea that maybe the man liked him enough to receive him in his house, provide him with medical assistance and take care of his needs. But the more he was stopped from even asking about him, the more he thought it was all out of pity. The man only pitied him so he decided to help him, and there was nothing more to it. He even refused to let him see his face, or know his name, or talk to him or even know in what room he resided after he lended him his own. It was obvious he didn't even want to see him and it made him think of how long it'd be before he'd be kicked out of the castle. What would such a beautiful rich noble man want to do with a peasant like him anyways? 

It was the second week when Jimin decided he had enough of staying indoors, that he needed to breath fresh air. So he walked out to the beautiful garden outside the castle. It was very beautiful in the day light, more beautiful than it looked from his window, rays of sunshine falling over petals of flowers, all colorful and joyful. Flowers blooming in the snow, it was almost magical and just the sight was enough to make him go in a short daze, a short lived daydream where he forgot all about his miserable life and all about the mysterious man with the ball mask. 

It didn't last long for the moment he thought it was all forgotten, even for just a little while, his sight lended on familiar short brown locks in the distance, long legs covered with breeches down to his ankles, and a long waistcoat that emphasized the difference between broad shoulders and small waist. Though he was seeing him from behind, he still could see it was the same man he woke up next to two weeks ago, and despite his trials to hold himself, he couldn't help but feel eager to see him again, to see his beautiful features and sunshine bunny smile. And even without knowing him at all, he felt the man was a kind hearted soul, loving and giving, even though he only guessed that from the way he treate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter