8. Just a friend?

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

Haeun will be lying if she says that she is not afraid to go to campus independently. She is indeed terrified for her life when Byun Baekhyun posted a picture about him finding the love of his life and then tagging her account too. Since morning, she was too afraid even to check her social media accounts. Byun Baekhyun talked about the campus's heartthrob, golden boy, and most importantly, her unofficial boyfriend. 

She paced around in her room, thinking of ways to make her way to the campus by attracting the least amount of attention. 

"Eun-ah! Let's go get lunch and go to campus!" Baekhyun barged into her room without warning and hugged her from the back. She let out a squeak in surprise and blinked at him. 

How could she risk her life and go out in public with him? 

"Come on! You're dressed and ready to go out. Let's go! I'm starving!" He pouts at her, knowing that it will dissolve her strong will against going out in public with him. He finally can go out with the one person that he has dreamed of dating. 

Haeun is not the only one with secrets. Baekhyun has some that he will share with her once they go official. 

"Wa-wait! Who let you in?" Eunji popped by her room and waved at her then glares at Baekhyun. Haeun reluctantly puts her laptop into her bag and then lets Baekhyun leads her out of her room. Eunji crosses her arms and watches the couple's interaction. Haeun was obviously new to a relationship, and Baekhyun was oblivious to how uncomfortable at the speed that they are moving towards. 

Haeun puts on her sneakers while Baekhyun helped to carry some of her heavy textbooks. She tried to take those books off him once she is done wearing her shoes, but he would not budge. 

"Give it back. I can take it on my own." She was getting shy, but Baekhyun is one shameless guy. 

"Ah! Let me help you! I always do this for you!" He pouts, and she went soft again. 

"Fine. Let's split it, okay?" He took three books and passed her one. Haeun chuckles as he hides his struggle to carry those textbooks and silently walked in front of her.

Things were really looking up for Haeun. 

 

She studied alone underneath the large oak tree that shelters her from the bright sun. Baekhyun was off to his own classes while she finished her lab session already. They were supposed to get lunch, but Baekhyun overlapped his schedule with hers, so now they can only get dinner together. 

"Haeun-ah, why are you still studying? I thought your lab session ended two hours ago?" Haneul, her good friend slide into the seat in front of her. 

"Ah! Oppa, I am waiting for Baekhyun. We are getting dinner later." She slightly blushed at the mention of Baekhyun. He could not shrug off the weird feeling that Haeun and Baekhyun were more than friends. 

"Oh, you and Baekhyun are really close again, just like back in high school. Did something change between you guys?" He carefully asked her. 

"It's nothing, we recently reconciled. Oppa, shouldn't you get going too? I heard from appa that you have a blind date today. Don't let the pretty girl wait, who knows? She might be the one for you." She giggled, and he smiles back at her. His feelings for her are hidden, but he cannot tell her. 

"You're right; I should go now. Take care." He lightly ruffled her hair and made his way. 

Anyone with eyes could see Haneul is in love with Haeun but, Haeun being Haeun, she is so focused on school and Baekhyun, she friendzone him a long time ago. Junhee saw their interactions and then smiles to herself. The pictures that she took of them would make Baekhyun jealous, and he will go back to her. 

"Eun-ah! I'm craving for some chimaek! I'm so hungry!" He casually slides into the seat beside her and wraps his arm around her waist. 

"Wait a little while; I'm about to finish this assignment. Please?" She begged when he saw the puppy face that he was pulling. 

"Fine, just twenty minutes more, and I want to remain in this position." He leans into her frame while she does her work. 

Junhee covered as she runs away from the sight of Baekhyun being lovey-dovey with Haeun; it was sickening to her stomach. She wanted to throw her guts out after witnessing that. He was never like that with her, and it hurts her. She took a phone and made a call to someone. 

Now, Junhee is out to get Haeun. Baekhyun was supposed to be hers and not Haeun. 

 

The duo arrived at the usual fried chicken place that they normally ordered from. The place was packed, but the owner happens to be a big fan of Baekhyun's covers that he posts on his Soundcloud. 

"Baekhyun-sshi, I'm so glad you are back again! This way, please!" They were immediately escorted personally by the manager to one of the best tables in the restaurant. The manager then went on about their specials and the ongoing promotions that the restaurants offered and brought them lots of side dishes and water. 

Haeun skims through the menu while Baekhyun checks his phone. 

"What should we order? The half-half or the new mala chicken?" She asked him. 

"Anything that you want. Just no cucumbers." He leaned forward to pinch her cheeks. Haeun glares at him, and he immediately drops his hand. Baekhyun was really happy with Haeun; it was different from Junhee. WIth Junhee, image as a couple was essential and she was demanding. He could not be himself with her, but with Haeun, it's a whole different story. This girl lights up his world that he is positive that they can overcome anything together. 

Haeun orders with the server and turns to him. 

"Are you going back to visit your parents this weekend?" Haeun asked Baekhyun, the latter shrugs his shoulders. 

"I was planning a date for us, but if you want to meet your future in-laws, I have no objections!" Baekhyun winked at her. Haeun was now as bright as a ripe tomato. Seeing her reaction, Baekhyun burst out in laughter. 

"You're so annoying! I'm heading back with Hanuel Oppa to see my parents." The mention of Haneul, Baekhyun changed his tune almost immediately. 

"I'll go back! Then we can go on a date together too! It will be our first-ever date!" He cheered and pumped his fists up in the air. 

This is the start of a chaotic weekend. With Baekhyun coming back together with Haeun, instead of Haneul, their parents will know something's up. 


Hello! 

My lovelies! I've finally updated and did you guys noticed something?

My story finally got a poster! 

Isn't Baekhyun like a cute puppy? Kekeke, I love that man so much! 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! 

Do comment your thoughts about the recent chapters! I would love to hear more from y'all! 

Welcome my new readers (if there are any!)! 

Sorry if my updates aren't that regular since the university has officially started, I have to allocate more time to my assignments instead of writing!

Thank you for understanding!

Enjoy reading!

Stay safe and healthy!

With Love, 

Rosalie;)