5. Dreams

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

Transfering during her senior year is sure going to be stressful for Haeun who actually planned to stay in Korea to finish up her undergrad studies before heading off to France for her further studies and probably work there too. When MIT offered her a transfer again, she was contemplating for the longest time. Her parents were all for it while her twin asked her to think about it further before accepting the offer. 

By accepting the offer, Haeun would have to leave Yonsei and giving up on her love for Baekhyun. Though she did not want to give up, it seems like her chances with Baekhyun are slim. 

"I'm not giving up. It's a temporary stop that I need to make." Haeun reassured herself and typed a reply to the email offer. Her worst fear is that when she comes back, he is already forgotten about her. She really wanted to go to MIT, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. 

Haeun shuts her laptop shut after sending the email. Her professors will all be notified about her transfer, and it will soon spread to the other students. She just needs perfect timing to tell Baekhyun. 

They just reconciled, and now she is going to leave, it was one of the worst timings ever. 

"What are you thinking so deeply?" Baekhyun suddenly appeared from behind of her, she jumped in her seat and frowns at him. 

"Next time, give me a warning, will you? You're gonna give me a heart attack from scaring me like that!" Haeun pouts, and Baekhyun sits in front of her. 

"Let's go get dinner. I say it was my treat, remember?" She starts packing her belongings into her bag. He watches her pack her stuff; it reminds him of their high school days. Haeun would always be the last to leave the classroom since she takes some time to pack her bag. 

"Why are you always so slow in packing? Come on; I'm hungry!" He whined to her, and Haeun swore that her heart almost stopped at his cuteness. She rolled her eyes playfully at him and stood up from her seat and pulls him up from his seat too. 

"Come on! I'm famished!" She naturally hooks her arm around his and Baekhyun's heart skip at that small intimate gesture. Though it might just seem like a friendly gesture, it was becoming more intimate than friendly for him. 

 

Haeun pulls Baekhyun into the narrow alley and up to the rooftop restaurant. It was a Chinese restaurant, but why a rooftop? 

"Trust me; this is the best Chinese restaurant that you can find in this city. It's super good!" Haeun praised and the owner, a really handsome young man came and brought the pair to Haeun's favourite table. 

The table has the best view of Seoul city's nightlife, and it was quite cosy. She was all smiles as she browses through the menu. Baekhyun was glad that she was smiling but hopefully at that tall, handsome owner. He was slightly insecure about his height since Haeun herself was quite tall; she was about 168 cm. 

"Hyun-ah, what do you want to eat? Have you decided?" Her big doe eyes were staring at him, and he felt his heart skip a beat. 

"A-ah, yes. Do you come here often?" He asked her. She eagerly nodded her head. 

"Almost every weekend. That's why the boss knows me well now; he is just a few years older than me." She told Baekhyun and waved over the dashing owner to their table to take their order. 

Baekhyun could not help but feel a tinge of jealousy as he watches the two interact. Although he wanted to sort out his feelings about Haeun before he can confidently say that he has feelings for her, he cannot help but feel that sour feeling when he sees Haeun smiling so comfortably with another male. 

"Did Junhee confront you earlier at the campus?" Haeun's complexion slightly paled when asked about Junhee; she shook her head. If that cheer captain did not confront her this time, she is going to do it when she is not with Baekhyun. 

"Don't worry! I can handle her myself. Are you worried about me?" She winked at him, not knowing how her small action impact Baekhyun now. 

"I am. What if you get hurt because of me?" Haeun wanted to scream in joy when he said that. Oh, she has been waiting for years for that. 

"Ya, don't be so serious. I have a black belt in Judo; I can tackle any guy! Now, come on, smile!" She bravely pushed his cheeks upwards in an attempt to make him smile. Baekhyun broke into a big smile, and she smiled back. 

At this moment, it was their moment to cherish—just two friends enjoying the cool autumn wind and some good food. 

 

After sending Haeun back home, Baekhyun sat in the park alone. He needed someplace to think and sort out his feelings. 

It was just rekindling their friendship, but he felt something that he should have a long time ago. He knew he was slowly falling for Haeun but not enough to say that he is really in love with her. 

She was always there for him. When he was having a hard time, she would lend her shoulders to him so that they could face the problems together. 

Without knowingly, she has put in so much effort for him to notice her, but he did not. She sacrificed a lot, and yet, he did not open his heart to her. 

"Byun Baekhyun, just how blind could you be? She was there for you all the time..." He is disappointed in himself even though his own brother hinted at him. 

"You should be glad that you met Haeun. That girl has always been there for you. Waiting for you and helping you. Shouldered your burdens together..." 

Haeun was a blessing given to him by god. He regretted that he did not treasure her enough.

"I'm going to make it up to Haeun now! I will treasure her! And hopefully, fall deep enough for her."


Hey, my beautiful readers! 

I am back with another new chapter! 

Ehhh, I have a few new subscribers! And I just noticed that I have some upvotes! 

Sorry for the late notice, I am mostly writing and not really checking my notifications! (except for comments!) Thank you for your support! 

Erm, so now we have a Baekhyun 2.0 ready to take care of our main character:) 

I want to know about my readers' feeling about the recent progress? Is it too fast or comfortable for y'all? 

Anyways, I hope you guys are doing well during this pandemic!

Also, welcome my new readers! Thanks for joining us! 

do comment:) I love reading them and replying! 

Take care, and stay healthy!

Sending love from my bed, 

Rosalie Liu <3