2. Never judge a book by its cover

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

If there is one thing that Haeun needs, it's her brother's hug. She feels awful, and the wound of her leg is not helping her day. Professor Kim gave her an excuse slip so she could go to the clinic to get her wound check out and skip on lab session. 

"Ah! Be gentle with my leg!" She shrieked as her brother casually settles on the couch beside her. She pouted and the TV. 

Hyunsu glanced at his twin and sighed deeply. He opened his arms to her. 

"I know you need a hug. Hurry up before I regret this." Haeun went to her twin's embrace and enjoyed the security he gives. Though he is the younger twin, he is always there to protect her from the bullies or anything. His hug always comforted her. 

She laughed and went back to the couch to chill while he heads to the back to make some food for her since she might burn the kitchen down. 

"Did you know that Junhee created this? I can't believe that people like her and claims she is such an angel. Bleh." Haeun rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated scream. She wanted to flip her and pulled that perfect hairdo of hers. 

What will she get? Expulsion and no one would want to date her. 

". You should have flipped her." Her brother shook his head in disappointment. She flipped him the finger and went back to her wallowing. Indeed, in front of everyone, Junhee is the sweet and innocent belle of the campus while she is the hardworking yet pretty Judo champion, she will never beat her. 

Everyone loves Junhee, but not everyone loves Haeun. 

She screamed in frustration, and her brother peeks from the kitchen. It is no surprise that Haeun is upset over this. Her long-time crush is dating her rival, and she could not do anything about it. 

Their mother always says that feelings should not be rush and let nature decide it. 

But for someone like Haeun who has like Baekhyun for more a decade, she would confess to him...if only she had the courage to do.

"Noona, when would you tell Baekhyun that you like him? It's been what? Over fifteen years?" She shook her fervently. 

"I can't. He is in a relationship! I would wreck their relationship! Hyunsu-ah, do you still want to see your noona alive? Hmm?" Hyunsu sighed. This is why being too kind is one of her negative traits too. 

Hyunsu placed the bowl of egg fried rice with her favourite topping of spam in front of her. She thanked him and eagerly dug into her food. 

"I need to head back to campus soon. Take care!" He ruffled her hair gently before heading out of the apartment complex. 

 

"Kyungsoo-ah! Where is Haeun? I thought she supposed to be in practice?" Eunji waltzed into the joint-practice area of the Judo and Hapiko club. 

Kyungsoo, the captain of the Judo team shrugs his shoulders. Haeun's phone has been turned off the whole day, and no one could reach her. 

"Oh! Eunji-sshi, here. Haeun dropped this the other day when she bumped into me." Baekhyun jogged over to Eunji and passed her Haeun's beloved notebook. 

Seeing the sacred notebook in Baekhyun's hand, Eunji's stomach dropped. That notebook contains heavy content on how much Haeun loves Baekhyun and how she envisioned him to be her boyfriend. 

"Erm...Baekhyun-sshi, how much did you read? Did you even read?" Seeing the panic look on Eunji, a white lie would not hurt.

Baekhyun shook his head, and Eunji lets out a sigh of relief. If Haeun knows that Baekhyun has read it, she would immediately transfer to another school. 

"Thanks for this! And for not reading it. I'm going to head back to the apartment to check if she's there." She bowed and left the practice area hastily. Kyungsoo frowned and nudged Baekhyun. 

"Why was Eunji so worried about you reading Haeun's notes? It's just her chemistry notes right?" If only he knew, it was more than Chemistry. 

It was actually cute. Baekhyun had a good time reading it. 

"Probably something important is in it too. Let's get back to practice." Baekhyun patted his back and head to his practice area. 

 

Eunji barged into Haeun's room, holding her notebook. Not just any notebook, but her love diary about Baekhyun. 

"Y-You! Where did you get it? I was finding it yesterday!" Haeun's face paled as she realised who may have picked up this and have it overnight. 

Not her freaking crush Baekhyun. If anyone gets a hold of it, it should not be Baekhyun. 

"Did Baekhyun give it to you?" Eunji nodded her head, cautiously. 

"At least it was him. If it were Junhee or others, it would have spread like wildfire that I like Baekhyun and trying to steal him away from her. I'm okay, don't worry. I'm going to need more rest. The injury on my leg needs rest. Thanks." Haeun covered herself with her duvet and held onto the notebook tightly.

She was trying to calm herself down. Baekhyun now knows about her decade long crush on him. He also knows all the cheesy things that she writes about him. She just ruined her image for Baekhyun. 

At least it was Baekhyun who got it. If Junhee got it, it would be the end of her college life. 


Hello! 

It has been a year or more since I have updated this story!

I'm really sorry for keeping you guys wait! Thank you for waiting! 

For the new readers, welcome! 

I have been away focusing on my school and took a break from writing! I am currently having my term break, so I will try to update as much as I can!

After my break ends, I will try to have a schedule where I will update weekly:)

Thank you for reading! 

Stay safe and healthy! 

Love, 

Rosalie:)