6. Change

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

The whole campus was adjusting to the new norm of Baekhyun arriving with Haeun instead of Junhee. It was weird for sure, but the boys are happy that Baekhyun is finally opening his eyes to Haeun. Even his friends know about Haeun's deep crush on Baekhyun, well it all happened over one drink that led to her spilling all the deets. 

She normally wears heels to school, but for Baekhyun, she wore her flats. Haeun knows about his insecurity about his height, and she wanted to be shorter than him with heels, but it's not possible.

The moment she hit 168 cm, she hid in her room and cried because she would be taller than Baekhyun when she wore heels and was no longer cute. 

"Where're your heels?" He noticed that she was wearing one of her sneakers instead of her usual pair of heels. 

"Erm, my ankles are sore, so I wore my sneakers. Want to meet up for lunch? I know a place that serves delicious bibimbap!" She unconsciously hooks her arm around Baekhyun as they did in high school. Baekhyun noticed it but only held her arm closer to him. 

"Sure, I'll wait for you outside your class. See you~." He lightly pats her head and heads to his lecture first. It was just a small gesture, yet it felt so intimate. Haeun held in her inner fangirl as she heads to her class in a light spirit. 

A jealous Junhee witness all of their interactions and crushed the empty can in her hand. The break up was all because of Haeun, and she will definitely get him back, at all cost. 

 

"Haeun-ah! Let's go for lunch!" Chanyeol and Kyungsoo waved excitedly at Haeun who just exited from her lecture. Baekhyun raised a brow at the duo trying to intrude on their lunch date. 

She blinked confusedly at them then nodded her head. 

"Hyun-ah, you don't mind them joining us?" Her sweet smile immediately made his annoyance melt away. He gritted his teeth and nodded his head. 

"Then, let's go! I'm starving from all the morning lectures!" Chanyeol slung an arm over Haeun's shoulders and pulled her along. Baekhyun walked behind him and glared at his tall friend, stealing Haeun away from him. It was supposed to be the only two of them!

Kyungsoo nudged him and smirked at him.

"You jealous? Look at Chanyeol and Haeun, they kinda cute, huh?" Kyungsoo was definitely teasing Baekhyun, but the latter did not appreciate it. 

"Aish! It was supposed to be OUR lunch date! You two just had to ruin it all!" Baekhyun glares at Kyungsoo who cheekily grinned back at him. It was all part of the plan to bring Baekhyun closer to Haeun and make him confess to her or Haeun to confess to him. They obviously have feelings for each other, but they need their friends to push them to confess their true feelings for each other. 

"Oh~, but you two are just friends. We are friends too so we can join~!" Kyungsoo , and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He got Kyungsoo's point already, but he needs a little more time to confirm his feelings about Haeun. He knows that he is falling for Haeun, but he needs to think about the timing and confess to Haeun.

 

The four of them arrived at the restaurant that Haeun suggested, and it smelt like heaven as they enter the restaurant. 

"Expected from our Haeun! Nice find!" Chanyeol cheered and ruffled her hair. She glares at him and sits beside Baekhyun, opposite of Kyungsoo. 

Haeun could sense the annoyance radiating off Baekhyun when he sat down beside her. She sneakily linked their pinkies together, and he looked at her in surprise. She turns to the menu as if nothing had happened and converse with their two date blockers. Baekhyun smiled and looked through the menu. Kyungsoo noticed the sudden shift in the mood of his friend and then noticed their interlaced pinkies. 

He ignored it and was silently approving, Haeun is proactive too. 

"Imo! We are ready to order!" Kyungsoo waved over the middle-aged lady. Haeun listed off their items and handed the menus back to the busy lady. 

"Haeun-ah, when are you going to join back practice? Is your leg healed already?" Kyungsoo asked her. 

"Hmm, I think by next week? Why? You miss me?" She winked at him, and he turns to the side to pretend to puke. 

"You wish. The others are wondering, not me. Anyways, Baekhyun-ah, why did you break up with Junhee?" Kyungsoo asked, and the whole table went silent. Haeun avoided looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol were eagerly looking forward to his answer. 

He looks at Chanyeol, then to Kyungsoo and Haeun. He took a deep breath and looked determinedly at his friends. 

"I fell out of love okay? It's just was not the same. I lost feeling for her six months ago, but I couldn't do it till last month." Baekhyun exclaimed solemnly, and Kyungsoo gaped at him. 

Now, Baekhyun is confused. Why the heck does his friends look like they are shocked? 

"Hey, don't get mad but Junhee spread that you two broke up because she says you cheated on her." Baekhyun gawked at his best friends. 

"What?! No! Gosh, I did not even cheat on her. Eun-ah, you didn't believe in the rumours, right?" He stares at her with his puppy eyes, one of Haeun's weakness. 

"Yes...I didn't believe in those rumours!" She avoided looking at his eyes and nodded her head.

Kyungsoo laughed at Haeun's flushed face. 

"Ah! Stop laughing at me!" Haeun tries to hit Kyungsoo, but Baekhyun held her down. 

"Your food is here!" 

 

After their lunch, Baekhyun and Haeun head to the nearby park for a walk. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo have to head back to the campus since they still have classes. 

"Hyun-ah, I have something to tell you. I don't think I can keep it from you anymore." Haeun stops in her tracks, and he looks at her. She took a deep breath and faced him. 

"Wait, I have something say too." He stops her, and she shook her head. 

"I need to say first." Haeun held his hand to stop him. 

She took a deep breath and stares at him. 

"I'm moving to the States. I'm attending MIT for my final year." She told him, and he pulls her into his embrace. She heard him sighs and pats her head gently. 

"I thought you were going to tell me something else, but I'm glad that you are chasing your dreams. Ah, Eun-ah, what to do? I feel like I have fallen for you already." 


Hello, my lovelies~! 

This is going to be my last chapter of 2020? Maybe? I'm not really sure but this will or might be the last chapter of 2020! 

It has been really lovely to been writing this story! 

I really appreciate all the love and support that I have received from writing this story! 

Thank you all, and I really appreciate you guys for waiting and supporting me! 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! 

Baekhyun is becoming so sweet! 

I did not actually expect so much support for this story...This story was supposed to be really short, but the number of chapters is still undecided for now. 

Hope you enjoy the lasts of 2020 and all the best in 2021! 

Stay safe and healthy! 

Love, 

Rosalie Liu