1. Perfectly Imperfect.

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

'Being born in the same country
Talking in the same language
We’re so lucky; it’s such a relief.
Nothing is for certain in this world.'


TOO BAD. 

Jung Haeun was not born in South Korea; she was born in Guam. Her first language is actually English, not Korean. When she first came to Korea when she was just eleven, she knew nothing about the Korean language. Now, she is an expert in that language, and Korea became her second home. When she was getting bullied for not knowing how to speak Korean, her knight in a cute bowl haircut came by and rescue from the others. 

He is none other than Byun Baekhyun, the campus heartthrob. 

Her heart always beats rapidly when he is close to her, and she felt the butterflies in her stomach regain energy and flutters around. 

Basically, she has a MAJOR crush on him for...ten years. 

That is super long, and no matter how many dates she has been on, it just doesn't work. 

She feels that Baekhyun does not notice her because they have nothing in common. 

"Jung Haeun! Stop daydreaming!" The professor slammed his palm on the wooden table, and the students stilled. They could hear a crack. Haeun gulped and meekly smiled at Professor Kang and kept her notebook away. 

"Sorry. What was the question again?" The whole class groaned, and Professor Kang glared at her and moved on to the next student. 

As a Chemistry major, Haeun seems to daydream every lesson but ace her exams in the end. She is a genius.

 

After the lesson, Haeun was forced to stay behind because Professor Kang needs to speak to her, one to one. 

She fiddled the hem of her sweater and looked down on her shoes.

"Haeun-ah, I didn't mean to yell at you. I bought something from Japan for you." He dug his bottomless pit and passed her a neatly packed parcel. 

"Oppa...You don't have to. Thank you, I'll hand up the assignment by Friday!" She deeply bowed and skipped out of the room. 

Her friends, Eunji and Sohee, were waiting outside for her, eager to get Kalguksu that was a few streets away from their campus. 

"What took you so long? Hurry up! I'm starving!" She whined while Eunji just rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, I got held up by Professor Kang. Let's go, my treat today." She hooked arms with Eunji and Sohee and made their way to that small restaurant hidden deep in the alley. 

 

The lady boss greeted the three college girls warmly and guided them to a table. Haeun was about to open , but the lady boss repeats their usual orders. 

"Honey, you girls have been here for the past few years. Oh! I have new customers. Excuse me!" Eunji stared at the newcomers and shushed them. 

Being the most innocent one among the three, Sohee slowly turned her head and gasped loudly, enough to catch the attention of the newcomers. 

Haeun was the only one who didn't know who was behind them, and she was not even curious. She was chewing on the chocolate bar that was left in her pocket. 

"Long time no see, Haeun-ah." 

She scrambled off her seat and stood up. 

"Y-ya, what are you doing here? W-why are you all here?" She pointed an accusing finger at her younger twin with her classmates and Byun Baekhyun. 

"Noona, we are all friends here. Imo! Can we join tables?" Haeun clenched her fist and sat back down on her seat. She mentally cussed her younger brother in her head and took a deep breath.

"Where is Junhee?" She blurted out the question, everyone stared at her widely, Haeun kicking her leg. 

"Ow!" Haeun looked away from Jongdae and cleared . 

"Junhee is on a diet." Baekhyun curtly responded to Sohee's question. 

"Since when is she not?" Sehun snorted, earning a punch from Chanyeol. 

"Where is your admirer at? I thought he always follows you?" Hyunsu asked his sister. 

"Who? The five boys turned to look at Hyunsu.

I dare you to say it. 

She shoots her brother a warning look. 

His eyes twinkled with mischief and smirked at his friends.

"Kim Junmyeon." 

The whole table gasped, Haeun smacked her own forehead. 

She quickly typed a short message to her father and smirked to herself. 

"Seriously?" Baekhyun asked out loud, amused by the new information. 

"Well, he is scared of noona because she is a fourth-grade black belt in Judo and-" Eunji quickly covered Hyunsu's big mouth because he continues to expose his sister. 

"Continue if you dare, Jung Hyunsu. It won't be from Appa only." He gulped and took out his phone to check. 

"Y-you-" Sohee shushed him quickly.

Baekhyun watched in amusement and kept his phone in his pocket, ignoring the calls.

 

Just when she finished her remaining classes, her Judo practice totally slipped out of her mind. 

Kyungsoo has been spamming her with calls and messages about practice. She is about twenty minutes late. 

". OMG!" She took off into a sprint and almost dropped her bag. 

Everyone made way for her as they know if Haeun is running, make way for her. 

Baekhyun's eyes widen as Haeun ran into him. 

"Sorry! Here are your books!" Before he could even say thanks to her, Haeun was already gone. 

He picked up her notebook and tucked it in his books. Why didn't he notice Haeun back in school? 

 

Haeun lied on the mat after the practice ended. Their practice is going to join the Hapkido team because their venue was getting renovated so that theirs will be the best. 

"What did you do to Baekhyun?" 

Oh lord, Kim Junhee is here dressed glamorously while Haeun was still sweaty and a mess in her Judo uniform. 

"Nothing." Haeun cooly replied and stood up. Junhee pushed her roughly back onto the mat and glared at her. 

"I've never seen Oppa smiled like that in three years. Why is it after meeting you, he is smiling casually?" She glared at Haeun, who looked genuinely confused. 

"We just had a meal together with our friends." Junhee stepped on her calf with her dagger heels. Haeun quickly pushed the girl's leg off and found her blue uniform stained with blood. 

"Let this serve as a warning to you. Even though you saw Baekhyun first, he is mine first." 

Haeun glared at her and winced when she tried to move her leg. 

"That dumb ." She cursed and limped her way to the bench and called for help.


 Alright! I've finally updated!

I'm really sorry for not uploading the first chapter after a looooong time. 

Well, I guess I stirred up some drama in the first chapter to keep you guys entertained? 

How do you guys feel about this chapter?

Comment below and thank you for subscribing and reading!

OHHH!

Before I forget...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CAMEL-DINOSAUR!