9. She's Mine

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

Haeun wore Baekhyun's hoodie, which easily swallowed up her petite figure. She was leaning her head on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around her waist securely, while waiting for the valet to bring Baekhyun's car around. They were supposed to be meeting their parents at Bucheon, but their parents had a sudden idea to have a short trip to Jeonju. She lets out another yawn, and he chuckles. 

"Tired? You can sleep first, and then we can switch at the rest stop." He pats her head and casually pecks her forehead. Haeun was tired to the point that she did not even mind that Baekhyun just casually kissed her. 

Haeun got into the front passenger seat and buckled herself up while Baekhyun loads their small carrier into the trunk. He got into the driver seat and reached over from the back for the fleece blanket he prepared. Baekhyun tucked Haeun warmly into the fleece blanket and adjusted the temperature of the car. Once he sees that Haeun is comfortable, he begins their long journey to Jeonju. 

He hums along to the radio music as he turns into the highway. 

"Hyun-ah, I'm hungry. Can we stopover for some food?" She asked him, and he laughs.

"Baby, it's been only twenty minutes. We still have an hour more to go." He pinches her cheek while she pouts. 

"Fine. I will wait." She sighed and went back to sleep.

After Haeun went back to sleep, Baekhyun continues his journey to their first rest to meet their family. 

 

Haeun felt her cheek being poked and then she woke up to Baekhyun playfully poking her cheeks. 

"Sweetheart, let's go get some food. I'm sure we are the first to reach the checkpoint." She nodded her head, and they both got out of the car. Baekhyun interlocks their fingers together and pulls her along with him. 

She lets him pull her along and lets out another yawn. He made her sit down while he went to go food for them.

Haeun rubs her eyes and stretches her upper body, which immediately freshens her up. She watches Baekhyun ordered her food for her and she smiles to herself. It feels nice to have someone to care for you and be around. 

"I ordered the ox bone soup for you so that it can warm your stomach instantly. Come on, eat up." She blew on the spoonful of hearty broth and took a sip. It instantly warms her whole body. 

"Stop staring at me. You need to eat too." Haeun motioned him to start eating. He nods his head and digs into his own meal. The two were in their own world as Baekhyun kept teasing her and trying to feed her his food. 

Their family who arrived shortly, witness the whole interaction. Haeun was smiling widely as Baekhyun fed her a mouthful of his food. It was no doubt to them that the two were more than friends. 

"Oh! Noona! Baekhyun!" Hyunsu waved at them, and the couple almost choked seeing their family. They were oblivious to their surroundings, and their parents were over the moon about it. How delightful for Haeun and Baekhyun to finally get together, which means the chances of them becoming in-laws were higher. The Kangs shortly came behind them, Baekhyun's bright smile faded when he saw Haneul walked in. 

He knew that Haneul has been crushing on Haeun since forever and now that he is dating Haeun, he can't help but feel a tinge of jealously of their close friendship. His pride sometimes gets in the way of telling Haeun that he feels uncomfortable about Haneul hanging out with Haeun. They were friends, and he trusted Haeun wholeheartedly, and Haeun loves him very much. 

"Omo~, since when did you and Baekhyun get so close?" Hyunsu slung an arm over her shoulders, which earns a glare from Haeun. She shrugs him off and continues to eat her food. 

Hyunsu blinked and noticed something very crucial to share with the public. 

"Heol...Omona, are you wearing Baekhyun's hoodie?" Haeun smacks her brother's head, and he immediately shuts up, but the damage was already done. Haneul's face betrayed him, and he was jealous, very much indeed. 

He was there for her when Baekhyun distant himself from Haeun and the number of tissue boxes that Haeun went through, he was there for her. How could he just easily come in and steal his rightful place? 

Love is a scary thing. It can make the most logical person throw their logic out the window. Baekhyun was the one that made him threw his logic out of the window when he saw the couple's interaction. 

 

The couple stood outside, with their arms around each other. Baekhyun occasionally kissing her cheeks and forehead as they engaged in small intimate talks where only the two can hear. Haeun's father almost teared up, seeing that his daughter is all grown up now, while Hyunsu was busy taking pictures of the couple and sending to their close friends. 

"Haeun-ah, how close are you and Haneul hyung?" He asked her, and she looked up to him. 

"Well, I did cry a couple of times when you distant yourself from me. He comforted me, but we are nothing more than friends. Why? Are you jealous?" She grinned playfully at him, but he nods his head seriously. 

She wraps her arms around his neck, and he looked down to her. 

"Hyun-ah, you don't have to worry about him. I have been in love with you for a long time ago, and my feelings will never change. You're the one that I choose, not him. Okay?" He nods and eagerly peppers her face with kisses. 

She pushed him away, laughing together as they got over their first jealousy talk as a couple. 

This was going to be a good start to their road trip, or so she thought. 


Hello, my lovelies! 

I am back from my break! Well, actually it was more of a trying to get out of writer block break but yay! 

This chapter is the start of everything...

I know this chapter is shorter than my normal ones; I will be back with longer chapters next week!

Baekhyun and Haeun's interaction in this chapter is so intimate! 

Please tell me how you feel about this chapter in the comment section!

University is such a B! I'm crying like almost every day, and writing here gives me a break from all the stress!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! 

Oh! At the time of writing, we have officially reached 60 subscribers! OMG thank you for all the love and support! 

Thank you for reading! I appreciate it! 

Please do leave a comment before leaving!

Stay Safe and Healthy! 

With Love,

Rosalie:)