4. Making up

Perks Of Dating Byun Baekhyun

The cheer practice was almost done, and Baekhyun stood there waiting for Junhee. He was waiting for her to talk about Haeun. After having a conversation with Hyunsu last night, he came to a realisation. Though he cannot confirm his feelings for Haeun now, the most he can do is to protect her from anyone who hurts her, physical or mentally. The other cheer members were giggling as they thought it was sweet of Baekhyun to wait for his girlfriend. 

"Kim Junhee, we need to talk." Baekhyun held her wrist to stop her from walking away from him. 

She flipped her hair and tried to remove his grip away from her wrist, but it was futile. 

"Oppa, what are you doing? It's hurting me." Junhee whined, but Baekhyun was having none of it. 

"I broke up with you because I fell out of love with you, not because of Haeun. If you want to find someone responsible for the breakup, take a look at the mirror. I mean it, don't hurt Haeun or I will come after you." Everyone at the cheer practice heard it loud and clear.

The perfect couple has broken up and their princess, Junhee may or may not have threatened and hurt Haeun. It was clear to the whole school, Baekhyun is back on the hottest bachelor list again! 

Junhee sat down in shock, she thought that Baekhyun had come back to reconcile with her, but no, it was about Jung Haeun. 

"That fake ! I hate her!" Ah, the real Kim Junhee has appeared. Her phone begins ringing with notifications, and it was about the confirmation about her breakup with Baekhyun. She lets out a horrible shriek and storms out of practice with her belongings. 

Oh, well, Haeun's life in University is about to go downhill, or not. 

 

Haeun blinked her twice to make sure that her eyes are not playing tricks on her. 

Baekhyun was in her kitchen, having breakfast with her roommates. The last time she had breakfast with Baekhyun was in high school. 

"Eh, erm? Morning?" She was feeling better after some rest and her roommates helping her to change the dressing of her injury. 

She took the seat opposite of Baekhyun and felt her own cheeks felt flushed. Her roommates were fist-bumping each other underneath the table. He pushed her a bowl of warm seafood rice porridge that he bought from her favourite porridge restaurant.  

"Thank you." She thanked him shyly and blew on a spoonful before taking a bite. Her eyes lit up in glee, and she happily takes another bite. 

While she is having a good time eating her breakfast, Baekhyun happily watched her. It felt like high school again; the two of them would have breakfast together before heading off to school together. 

Baekhyun is confused about his own feelings. He always saw Haeun as one of his closest friends, but they drifted apart in university. It could be guilt that he felt because she rejected MIT for him and her decade-long crush. It was all confusing to him. 

"Baekhyun, what's on your mind?" Haeun waved a hand in front of him. 

"Nothing, I was thinking about how we used to eat breakfast together in high school. It was some good times, right?" He smiled at her, and she blushed. Her heart was beating so hard and fast against her ribcage. Eunji and Sohee quietly sneak away from the dining room to give the two friends some privacy. 

Haeun took a deep breath and looked at Baekhyun. 

"Baekhyun, why the sudden hospitality towards me? I mean, we drifted apart and stopped talking to each other for almost two years. Why are you so friendly all of a sudden?" Baekhyun almost forgets how perceptive Haeun could be. She knows him so well and could easily spot if something was not right with him. Now, she still can easily see that he is weird. 

He could try to laugh it off, but it's Haeun that he is facing. It would not work since Haeun would call him out on his lie. 

"Can't I reconcile with my best friend? I miss her and Chanyeol is a pain in the ." She tried her best to make a poker face, but she burst out in giggles. Haeun was kind of glad that he decided to reconcile with her. 

"Hyun-ah, I appreciate it. Thanks for coming over, but I need to get ready for class now. I can't talk too long. How about let's go to my favourite restaurant later? My treat." He nodded his head in agreement and watched Haeun skipped to her room in glee. 

A step at a time. Take it slow and easy. 

 

Just five months. Five more months of making memories with Baekhyun before she leaves for MIT. She approached one of the professors at MIT, who loved her research paper and requested a transfer for her senior year at MIT and they were more than welcomed to invite her to their facility. 

She knew that moving away meant that she is giving up on the unrequited love that she has. Baekhyun reconciling with her seems like the perfect timing, and everything is going in the plan. 

Only her family knows about her plans to finish up her undergraduate program at MIT. She hopes that this way, fewer people will remember about her and get less hurt. 

Baekhyun was her person, one that she could confide everything in, but not about her love life. She loves Baekhyun but seeing this crush going nowhere; she thought that loving hin from afar is good enough for her. 

Staying this close to him is detrimental to her mental health, and her poor heart could not take any more heartbreaks. Moving away will be better for her and Baekhyun might forget her in the process, but it's alright to her.

"Hyun...I can call him that at last, for the last time." 


Hello, lovelies~

I am back and alive with another update! Sorry if this chapter is a bit short! 

I was supposed to update yesterday, but I went out to celebrate my best friend's birthday and drank quite a bit...(I did wear masks and obey all the social distancing rules and keep ourselves clean and safe!) 

Well, I am back! 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Welcome new readers! Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves with this story! 

Comment below about your thoughts! I love reading them and replying!

Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you for your support and love!

With love, 

Rosalie Liu