Come Meet Your Charge

My Gangster Teacher

Based on what happened the day of her interview, Yesung adamantly refuse Changmin to take another shortcut to the station. She may end up late for the Assembly, and it won’t look good to be late on your first day to work. Since Yesung stubbornly wants to take a train, Changmin also insists to take her to the station. They argue back and forth, making Kim Jang Hoon has a headache before his day even starts. After a very gentle reprimand (including a powerful punch to the dining table and nearly supersonic yelling to the cousins), it’s decided that Changmin will take Yesung directly to school. Both agree without further argue.

 

So here she is, sitting at the back of Changmin’s bike, speeding through Seoul traffic. It’s a good thing they don’t get a ticket. They arrive at the school gate with 5 minutes to spare before the Assembly is held. After a quick peck to Changmin’s cheek, Yesung runs like hell to the Main Building where teacher’s common room and the Assembly Hall are located. When she finds teacher’s common room, she takes a deep breath to recollect herself and enters the room. Of course all of the teachers inside look curiously at her. A petite cute teacher approaches her with caution.

“Yes? Who are you looking for?” the woman asks.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I forget to introduce myself,” Yesung mentally hits her head for being so dumb. It’s her first day after all, so only a handful of people know of her.

“I’m Kim Yesung,” Yesung introduces herself,” This is my first day as a teacher here. Nice to meet you all.” She finishes with a proper bow to everyone gathering around her. Some teachers nod their acknowledgement, while the other looking at her curiously. There’s no way she’s old enough to be a teacher, some mutter doubtfully.

But all the ruckus murmuring stops when an authorized figure coming out of the furthest door.

 

“It’s almost time people. Let’s go to the Assembly Hall,” The figure says. All the teachers part to make way for her. When she’s at the centre of Teacher’s common room, her vision stops at Yesung and smiles brightly.

“Ah..You’re already met our newest addition,” she says, still smiling at Yesung, whom smiles back,” Let’s go Yesung-ah. Let’s meet your students.” Yesung nods excitedly and follows Principle Park’s lead. The other teachers follow through behind them.

 

All the students already gathered in the Assembly Hall, waiting for the teachers and their beloved Principle Park. They’re chatting amongst themselves about everything and nothing. But all the chattering are stopped when the door to the Assembly Hall is opened, and 5 members of Class 3D entered the room. All eyes are on them, but the 5 just walk leisurely to the empty spot never pay attention to all the attendants in Assembly Hall. Lee Jinki still chewing his chicken wings, Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun joke around and talk about their next soccer game, Cho Kyuhyun with his eyes stuck to his game, and the leader of Class 3D, Kim Kibum who walks casually while listening to his iPod, like he has no care in the world. The other students are just too stunned, they literally gawk at the 5 Boys.

 

Not long after, the connecting door from teacher’s common room is opened and, in come Principle Park and the rest of the teachers, Kibum’s sister and cousin are incuded. Principle Park moves to the center of the stage and all the chattering stops. Even Jinki stops eating his chicken wings, and let me tell you, nothing ever comes between Jinki and his chicken wings. Principle Park tests the microphone first before she speaks to the crowd.

“Good morning students!”

“Good morning Principle Park.”

“It’s good to see you so bright and shiny this morning,” Principle Park starts,” I have some announcements to make, then you all can go to your classes.” All the students listen intently to what Principle Park may say, except for the 5 boys of Class 3D. They’re still in their own world. Some teachers who stand at the left hand side of Principle Park glare at them. Disrespectful brats!

 

“OK, first, it’s already mid semester. You’ve finished your mid term exam last week, with some outstanding results. Some may need to improve their studies, but it’s quite satisfactory for the time being. So, good job for all of you, the teachers included.” Some applause are heard inside the Assembly Hall.

“Next, even though I don’t think it’s necessary, but SOME teachers urge me to tell you that under no circumstances, doodling on your teacher’s car is allowed,” Principle Park hides her snickers under pretence cough,” It’s quite expensive to re-paint the car mind you. So, no more doodling please.”

Some students look at the 5 boys who just look unabashedly to the said teachers and shrug.

“Also, there has been some complaints about student’s attendance,” Principle Park now directly looks at the 5 Boys, who at least have a decency to look a bit guilty. “I need to remind you all, that your minimum attendance to acquire your permission to have your final exam is 80%. Anything below that will be denied permission for final exam. Do I make myself clear?” All the students nod their heads, including the 5 boys. Principle Park smiles brightly to all of them.

“On this regard, I wish you all have a pleasant day studying,” Principle Park can’t hold her giggles when she looks at the dejected 5 Boys,” You may go to your classes.” All of the students have already moved toward the door to go to their designated classes when the P.E teacher’s voice booms in the Hall.

 

“WAIT!! As usual our beloved Principle is forgetting something,” Kim Young Woon teases the Headmaster.  Principle Park looks at the towering man in confusion, Kim Young Woon just chuckles heartily.

“You forget to introduce our newest addition, silly,” Kim Young Woon whispers only to Principle Park’s ear, even though the students can see how their Chemistry and Biology teachers are giggling. Principle Park looks at Kim Yesung who stands awkwardly at the far right hand side and literally smacks her forehead.

 

“I’m so sorry!! I’m quite forgetful these days kids,” Principle Parks grimaces,” I also have one last announcement to make. I’m proudly presented the new homeroom teacher of Class 3D, Ms. Kim Yesung. Please step forward.”

Yesung moves forward to the front, next to Principle Park, who gives an encouraging smile. She takes the mic from Principle Park.

“Good Morning students,” Yesung starts,” My name is Kim Yesung, and I will be the homereoom teacher of Class 3D. Nice to meet you all.” Yesung bows to the teachers and smiles brightly at the students.

While all the students clap at the new teacher, the 5 Boys look critically at the teacher, when Kim Kibum recognizes the teacher.

Ah...We meet again, Kibum muses and smiles. Every teacher and student shivers when they see the usually stoic boy, smiles. Nothing good ever come if he smiles, Principle Park sighs heavily. I wish you all the luck in the world Yesung-ah.