The Assembly of Deliquents

My Gangster Teacher

Wednesday can’t come any sooner is what comes first into Yesung’s mind. She’s been having some very good free times, re-decorating her room, went on shopping spree for her teacher’s attire, and had lunch with all of her cousin, Hyo Yeon was finally showing up and congratulated her for her new job. Today is finally the day when she will do what she loves the most. She always wanted to be a teacher since her parents brought her and Heechul to the school where they were teaching. She wakes up super early today, already dressed up when Changmin knocks carefully at her door.

“Noona, it’s still early,” Changmin gazes at his cousin,” School isn’t starting until 7.45 am.” It’s totally mind blowing how Yesung is getting ready, when usually the girl needs longer time to wake up. But he can see how his cousin is excited to start working today.

“I’m so excited I get restless Changmin-ah,” Yesung exclaims,” Today the Principle is going to introduce me to all of the students and teachers.” Her happy vibes doesn’t really correspond with Heechul’s mood, when she hears her exclamation. Grunting about noisy Rabid Dog when she needs her beauty sleep, she trudges to Yesung’s room which is located at the end of west hallway. When she reaches her sister’s room, she stands agape, seeing that Yesung is already set to go to school.

 

“What’s gotten into you Yesung-ah?” Heechul struts to Yesung’s bed,” You’re up early today.” Yesung turns around to face her sister, while Changmin prefers to sit at the settee at the corner.  Yesung skips to her bed and bounces around, annoying Heechul all over again when she tries to sleep. She slaps Yesung’s baby hand gently.

“I’m so excited I can barely close my eyes Eonnie,” Yesung chirps happily,” It’s my first day to be a teacher, and I’m looking forward to see all of my students.” Heechul just yawns and turns to find a better position. Yesung, realizing little attention she gets from her sister, shakes Heechul to wake up.

 

“Yah! Rabid Dog, don’t you know I turned in so late last night?!” Heechul snaps at her baby sister. Yesung just pouts cutely at her older sister, making Heechul sighs sleepily.

“Yeah..Yeah..Have fun teaching all those brats at school,” Heechul gives in,” Try not to kill anyone OK.”

“Eonnie, why would I kill my students?” Yesung grumbles,” I believe they’re good students.”

“Yeah..Yeah..Whatever,” Heechul shrugs and back to sleep on Yesung’s bed,” Changmin-ah, I’m going to miss breakfast. Tell someone in the kitchen to fix me some brunch and bring them to Yesung’s room. I’m going back to sleep.” After that Heechul drifts off to the dreamland. Changmin sees that Yesung wants to disturb her sister’s much needed sleep, grabs her baby hand and drags her for breakfast.  There’s no need to have another bloodshed so early in the morning.

 

Another Kim Residence,

Kim Tae Yeon glares at her brother, whom busy playing online game with his comrades.  Today is the day that Kim Yesung will be introduced as new homeroom teacher for Class 3D, where Kibum and his friends are in. Principle Park already told her to at least get Kibum to attend. It will be nice if all Class 3D attend the Assembly, but it’s easier to order some kindergarten students to clean up their mess. So she resorted to at least get the “Representative” of Class 3D to attend. Here goes nothing, Tae Yeon sighs dejectedly.

 

“Kibum-ah, remember, today is Wednesday,” Tae Yeon starts,” Principle Park wants all of you to attend.” No response from her brother. Kibum expertly tunes out something that doesn’t interest him. And obviously Wednesday Assembly is one of those things that hold no interest for him. Maybe some teachers will tattle about how bad Class 3D are behaving, or how some of the students bring down school GPA. Or perhaps the recent issue, how Class 3D wedge war with Physics Teacher. Kibum has had enough about all of that annoying complains, so him and his classmate decide not to come for Wednesday Assembly after last time’s commotion. It’s not worth the headache anyway. Tae Yeon is getting upset from no response hits the dining table so hard, all of the cutlery rattles. Unfortunately, she also shocks Yuri who’s bringing their breakfast. But at least, she gets Kibum’s attention.

 

“DO YOU HEAR ME KIM KIBUM?!” Tae Yeon scolds her brother,” No matter what you have to attend the Assembly today.” Seeing that Kibum is ready to outwardly reject, Tae Yeon makes consent,” Very well, not all of you. Just…Just 5 of you as representatives of Class 3D. It’s not so hard.” Well, what do you know? Even his grumpy emotional sister can make consent about this Assembly. If it’s only 5 persons then Kibum knows who he should be dragged to attend.

“Fine,”Kibum shortly answers and starts eating breakfast.  Tae Yeon breathes a sigh of relieve after FINALLY succeed in coaxing her stoic and sometimes apathetic brother. Kibum finishes his breakfast first and hurriedly grabs his motorcycle’s key while texting his friends. A peck to his sister and cousin’s cheeks and off he goes.

“Do you think he will come Eonnie?” Yuri sits down next to Tae Yeon and help herself for breakfast. Tae Yeon shrugs helplessly and continues eating.

 

Choi’s Mansion (You can’t get better description than that),

 

“CHOI MINHO!!!”

The boy named Choi Minho, jumps from his bed upon hearing his Mom’s screech. The boy is tall, well build, with tidy short cut hair and cute handsome face. The said face is now frowning while he walks out of his room and rushes to the dining room before his Mom nags at him for being lazy. When he sits down on his usual spot, the right hand side of his Mom, while they’re waiting for the other inhabitant of the house to grace them with his appearance.

 

“Hyung isn’t here yet Mom,” Minho scowls,” It’s still 7 o’clock. Still too early to go to school, AND it’s Wednesday.”

“What’s wrong with Wednesday?” Mrs. Choi asks. She doesn’t understand where this aversion of Wednesday comes from. She observes her younger son, and notices that every Wednesday he just drags himself around the house until the very last minute to go to school.

“Well, we have assembly, which is not really that bad,” Minho starts,” But after that the not really bad turns out to be downward tedious.”

“Still don’t get your point, Minho-ah,” Mrs. Choi pries further. Minho just sighs dejectedly and opens his mouth to answer, but before it can happen, someone answers for him.

“He gets Physics, Organic Chemistry, and Algebra after that Mom. Full day of calculating.” Minho’s older brother grabs his bread and smirks when he sees Minho pouts.

“What Siwon Hyung says,” Minho retorts,” Physics and Algebra are ruining our days.

“Nonsense,” Mrs. Choi objects,” You excel in all of those subjects.”

Minho and Siwon just smirk and continue eating until the sound of Minho’s phone disturbs the ambience. Mrs.Choi glares at her younger son, whom only grins innocently and looks at the text his friend sent, and his brows furrow.

 

“Something wrong Minho-ah?” Siwon asks after he sees how the text seems to get his brother in distraught.

“Not really, but Kibum told me that me, Kyuhyun, Jonghyun, Jinki and him need to attend the assembly today,” Minho absentmindedly answers,” It’s weird.”

“Well, let’s go then,” Siwon rushes to finish his breakfast,” The assembly begins at 7.45. I’ll drive you.”

“Err..Hyung, please don’t drive your Bentley,” Minho reminds his brother,” You need to act like a humble law enforcement, not some CEO.”

“Well, lend me yours,” Siwon hurriedly counters,” It’s not as extravagant as my car. I don’t know what possesses Dad to buy me that car for birthday’s present.”

“Sure, but you have to drive me first,” Minho bargains. Siwon glares at his younger brother who just smiles innocently.

“Fine, grab your thing and we’ll be off in 5 minutes,” Siwon gives in. Minho runs to his room, grabs his bag and car key, and after kiss their Mom on her cheek and say goodbye to their already busy Dad, both handsome guys speed to the traffic.

It’s not even 5 minutes after Kibum parks his bike at the usual place, when his friends, known as Jonghyun and Jinki approach him.  It’s totally peculiar and out of place to see the 3 boys show up at school this early.

“This better be good Kibum-ah,” Jonghyun says after they exchange high five with each other,” My Mom thinks that I’m in such a trouble to be coming to school this early.” Jinki, with his favourite snack (Spicy chicken wings) nods in agreement. Not only his Mom, but also his sister, think he makes a mess of something at school and needs to face the Principle. To be honest, Class 3D is in peace these few days, then Wednesday comes. All those hard earned peace will disappear in a blink of an eye.

 

“Tae Yeon Noona said we need to come to the Assembly today,” Kibum answers,” She didn’t tell me why.” Jonghyun grumbles and leans to the wall, waiting for their other friends to come, while Jinki keeps chewing away. 5 minutes later, a silver SUV stops in front of them and a tall lanky boy with dark brown hair comes out. The boy just walks away, his eyes focus on the game console in his hands. Everyone close to the boy naturally stay away, afraid to disturb the early morning game session, and ends up in a really deep trouble the boy conjures.

“YA!! Cho Kyuhyun!! Watch where you going!”

 

The boy known as Cho Kyuhyun just waves his hand dismissively to his sister’s nag and keeps his eyes glued to the game console he brings. All of his friends just snicker at the scolding Kyuhyun received from his sister.

“Good morning Ahra Noona,” Kibum greets the older girl. Cho Ahra just frowns at her baby brother and manages a grimace toward Kibum.

“Morning boys,” Ahra shouts,” Stay out of trouble today OK.” With that parting advice, Ahra drives off to her office. Kyuhyun just walks leisurely until he stands before his friends, still immerse in his early gaming session.  His friends just let him be, waiting for one of them to come. Kibum, Jonghyun and Jinki are talking about everything and nothing when a silver Audi stops in front of them. The passanger comes out, and the driver greets them warmly.

 

“Morning guys!”

“Morning, Siwon Hyung!”

Siwon smiles widely when all of the boys, including the game maniac, Cho Kyuhyun, approach him.

“It’s definitely unusual to see you so bright and early and ready to start the day at school,” Siwon teases all the boys, whom glare at Kibum, for even suggesting them to come this early. Kibum just shrugs casually, not paying attention to the accusing glares he receives.

“Just try not to do something incriminating,” Siwon lightly preaches,” It’s Wednesday today.” Siwon already understood how the boys HATE Wednesday with passion. The boys awkwardly grins, but not promising anything to the older man.

“Well, I’m off guys,” Siwon starts the car,” Catch you later.”

The boys, excluded Kyuhyun who still busy playing his game, wave to Siwon. Just as Siwon reaches the gate, Kyuhyun exclaim his winning loudly and waves to..nothing. His friends about his focus on the wrong thing when they can talk about boy’s stuff with the older man. The boys still make a quite ruckus when the bell rings.

 

“Well, it’s time,” Kibum leads the boys to the Assembly room. He already told all of Class 3D to continue what they’re usually doing in the morning, aka, copying someone’s homework before the class begins. As the Class monitor, Kibum is required to collect all of his friends workbooks before the class begins and stack them on the teacher’s desk. But due to some reasons, some of the students rarely do their homework at home. So before the class begins, Kibum, Kyuhyun, Jonghyun, Minho and Jinki remind their friends to finish the homework 5 minutes before the bell rings for homeroom. But since Class 3D no longer has a homeroom teacher, they can finish their homework comfortably before the first class.

 

“You know what Kibum-ah, if this is just another prank from Tae Yeon Noona, it doesn’t matter if she’s you sister,” Kyuhyun puts his game console into his bag while talking,” I’ll make her day a living hell for a week.” The other guys directly agree. Kibum just shrugs nonchalantly.

“Believe me Kyuhyun-ah,” Kibum says,”If this is one of her infamous prank, she’ll be sorry for a month.”