Calm Before Storm

My Gangster Teacher

Somewhere in Sadang Area,

 

It’s close to lunch time, hence, people are rushing toward the nearest convenient store or to some restaurant.  Right in this time you can find 2 beautiful women rush to one of the almost full diner and regardless the long line in front of the door, they just go straight right in and get the waitress there to show them the way to their private room. The waitress has them seated and gets them menus, but they wave the menus away, already know what they want to eat today.  The waitress pours them cold water and excuses herself to continue working downstairs.

Both women just nod and fall easily to the hottest topic of their discussion over the phone before they went to the diner.

“Please tell me you’re joking Chullie Eonnie. Because there’s no way Yesungie will find her way to the exit.”

“I would say I was joking but I’m afraid it’s the truth Joongie. She really boarded a train. Changmin took her to the nearest station this morning,” Heechul snorts,” It will be funny if she’s really lost.” Both women are laughing, when the door to their private room is opened and a petit cute brunette haired girl comes in, followed by some waiters bringing their food.

“Why are you laughing like maniacs?” the petit girl asks, smiling confusedly.  The waiters start serving the plates on the table and with an elegant gesture from the petit girl, leaving the premise.

“You won’t believe this Wookie,” The girl called Joongie wheezes,” Yesungie went to her interview by train this morning.”

 

The three girls couldn’t be more different from one another.  Kim Ryeowook, the girl who is called Wookie, dressed casually, with light denim shirt and cream Capri, matched with her light brown pump shoes. She pulls her long straight brunette hair into high ponytail, with light make up on her face.  The girl Kim Jaejoong, who’s called Joongie, dressed in formal attire. Milky white under dark blue blazer tucked inside knee length skirt matched with the blazer. 5 cm black stiletto completed her attire. While Ryeowook long hair are pull into ponytail, Jaejoong wears her hair chin length. Jaejoong also wears light make up to her already beautiful face.  The other girl, Kim Heechul, aka Chullie, is a very hard to ignore type of person. Not only her boisterous personality, but also her fashion. Dressed in bright orange halter neck dress, completed by cardigan of the same colour, you really can’t miss her when she’s walking into room. She wears killer heels (I don’t know how she can walk in it) and styled her hair in a classic French braid. But they have one thing in common, they’re the grand daughters of the famous tycoon, Kim Jang Hoon. And they’re also laughing like crazy right now.

 

“That’s the best thing I’ve heard today,” Jaejoong grins like Joker. She grabs her glass of ice water and takes a big gulp.

“Rough day at court Eonnie?” Ryeowook asks. Kim Jaejoong is working at prosecutor office as junior prosecutor. Because of that, mostly all of the filing of cases the senior prosecutor are working, piling up on her desk. It’s a good thing Jaejoong is an easy going and hardworking girl, otherwise she’ll go Ninja Assassin to all of her senior colleague. But sometimes when she’s allowed to interrogate or investigate cases, her martial arts lessons paid off. There’s a perk of being black belt in Karate after all.

“Can you girls believe it?” Jaejoong fumes,” That prick of fiancé Jung Yunho, is going to cancel our date tonight?! He prefers to go to interrogate some punk whom manages to break in to some company’s site?” Kim Ryeowook adn Kim Heechul just give placating smiles and let the angry prosecutor to curse her so called fiancé. When Heechul wants to answer, her cellphone rings, and she grins like a loon when she sees who calls.

 

“Yes Yesungie? Where are you now? Do you need me to pick you up from...Wherever you are now stranded?” Heechul answers with a sickeningly sweet voice.

“Yah!! Eonnie!! I told you I can find my way around. I’m on my way to Wookie’s diner.”

“Oh..Congrats Sis. So where are you now?”

“Err..I think I board the wrong train.” Yesung sounds so dejected, it’s only making Heechul wants to baby sister.

“See? I told you, you will get lost if you go by yourself, Butthead.”

“I’m now at Konkuk University station, I need to turn around to go to Sadang right?”

“How should I know? I never take train. I’ll let Wookie answer that to you.” Heechul gives her phone to Ryeowook, grumbling, “Clueless Rabid Dog.”

“Hello, Yesungie Eonnie.”

“Wookie-ah, help me. I think I get in the wrong train. Now I’m at Konkuk University Station, so I need to turn around to go to Sadang right?’

“Yes Eonnie, you need to go to the platform opposite to the one you’re getting off. When you arrive at Sadang, you need to go to Exit No. 3”

“Take Exit No. 3 At Sadang. Got it. Thanks Wookie, wait for me. YAH!! YOU BETTER SPARE ME SOMETHING TO EAT OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY GIRLS!” And Yesung hangs up. All three girls look at each other and start laughing so hard their voices carry downstairs where all the guests are having their lunch.

“So you’re hired there Yesung-ah?” Jaejoong asks her cousin. Both girls are the same age. Yesung nods happily. She arrives at Sadang close at the end of lunch time, so the diner is relatively empty. She rushes to the private room just in case the girls don’t abide to her warning and left her nothing to eat. LUCKILY, Ryeowook, the ever resourceful cousin she ever has, already prepare more food to be delivered when she arrive. After big gulps of ice water, Yesung tells her cousins about her interview.

“It’s awesome Eonnie,” Ryeowook claps her hands,” It adds the good news that Jaejoongie Eonnie hears today.” Yesung looks at her cousin questioningly. Jaejoong just sighs angrily and tells about the cancelled date.

“How dare he,” Yesung grumbles good heartedly,” Wait till I wring his neck.”

“No need to be that bloodthirsty Yesung-ah,” Jaejoong dejectedly speaks,”I don’t think you can beat him.” Yesung looks shock.

“I’m not a black belt in Taekwondo and Juijitsu for nothing Joongie-ah,” Yesung hotly phrases,” If I still can’t beat him, Ryeowook and Chullie Eonnie will help me kick his .”

“Yeah sure, Ryeowook can slam him hard while Yesung and I kick him alternately,” Heechul joins in,” It’s not that hard Joongie-ah.”

“Nah..That’s okay,” Jaejoong relents,”He’s doing this interrogation with the best of the best force anyway. He’s doing it with the Bombastic Duo.”

“The Bombastic Duo?” Yesung asks while grabbing some of her favourite leeks pancake.

“Yeah, they’re so infamous in law enforcement world,” Jaejoong explains,” They have 100% arrest rate, and believe me when I say they’re just like pit bull. They will never stop until their target is apprehended.”

“They sound so..invincible,”Ryeowook says adoringly. Jaejoong nods agreely.

“Sometimes when they’re coming to the office after the arrest I have this urge to run from them,” Jaejoong confesses,” Even though we’re at the same side of law. It’s a big relief Grandpa leaves all those dark business behind. I don’t even want to know what happen if I ever see a file with “Kim Jang Hoon” written on it.” All the girls sigh a big relief for that. After Jaejoong was hired as prosecutor, Kim Jang Hoon decidedly turned his back from his “not so innocent” business and started doing legitimate ones.

“Grandpa is probably safe, but I can’t say the same thing with Hyo Yeon,” Heechul utters,” That auto bike shop of her might someday arrives on your table Joongie-ah.”

“Bite your tongue Eonnie!” Ryeowook snaps at the eldest. Heechul just grins innocently and continue eating. Kim Hyo Yeon is another cousin of the girls. A hardcore biker, she owns a custom auto bike shop which is employed only girls with the same hobby.

“So..Our Yesung is finally hired,” Heechul decides to diffuse tension,” So a toast is in order.” The girls happily nod. Ryeowook fills their glass with more ice water.

“To Yesung,” Heechul leads the toast,”Hopefully you manage to be the greatest teacher just like Mom and Dan, bless their souls. Cheers.” They clink their glass and happily munching again.

“When do you start working Yesungie Eonnie?” Ryeowook asks her cousin.

“I’ll start next Wednesday,” Yesung answers,” The Principle wants to introduce me properly in their next assembly.”

“Well, in that case, enjoy your free days Rabid Dog,” Heechul chirps,” Because the day after tomorrow you’re going to be a respectable teacher. But if those brats of yours dare to mess with you, just remember one thing.” Yesung his head slightly in confusion. “What should I remember Eonnie?”

Heechul grins her signature evil grin, and all the girls know, nothing good is coming from the eldest.

“Beat them into bloody pulp of course.”