Its A Start

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its a start ; for us

We barely talk the next couple of days and that night felt like it did not happen. Days in the office pass slower and by the next week ( in two days basically ) I was told that I would finally get to switch departments into the Music Direction and Composing Department. I would be working with the producers  and writers learning from them and gaining as much experience as possible. After all of it they would have small reviews for the newbies to see if well, we are worth keeping.

The day comes and hands are in fists trying got remember to breathe. 6th Floor. When the elevator gets there I walk towards the test recording room. This room was used mostly for composers to record demos and guide tracks. I knock on the door and gently push it open hoping not to disturb anyone who could be working inside. The first person I see when I get in is Kris .

“ You must be the new kid. I’m Min Soo and  you’ll be learning under me and reporting to me as well.  “ I bow politely my eyes desperately trying not to meet Kris’s. “ You can just sit and watch while I finish this up. This is Kris you should already know who he is. I sit myself into the furthest piece of furniture I could find and try to sit there motionless while the producer and Kris get back to recording the demo.

Kris’s voice is perfect, the people recording have their work all cut out for them. Its a matter of mixing the tracks together and fixing one or two things. Being a band they usually recorded to perfection and relied less on tuning the voices. Bands were all live performance base, so they would never record something the artist could not sing. But in Kris’s case there was barely anything he could not handle and the fact that he kept pushing himself helped too.

Kris
10.09am
13/10/2011
[ Why are you sitting all the way over there. I don’t bite ]

[[ No reason. I didn’t know you were recording today I could’ve come a little later ]]

Kris
10.12am
13/10/2011
[ Oh , well sorry then, at least you get to watch the whole thing live in action and learn a thing or two ]

[[ Yeah I guess that makes it worth it. ]]

The smile on his face drops a little but he has no time to react and is sent back into the booth to do a last take. I have yet to speak to him after a week and its back to the awkwardness and weirdness. The moment he is done, Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter