Nothing Compares

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing Compares ; to you

There is a huge commotion the next day at work. Schedules are cancelled and everyone is figuratively locked up in the company. None of the artist are allowed to leave or talk to anyone in the media. The staff do whatever paperwork that is needed for the press conference this afternoon.

The DBSK lawsuit had blown up and over everyone’s head. Kris and Ara’s relationship status was released this morning. SM Entertainment was flooding with reporters from every big or small news company. I sit by my bench watching people flying past me. People on the phone , reading pieces of paper doing this and that I hit the back of my head on the wall. This was more nauseating than sitting on a roller-coaster ride.

My in-charge told me to “ go entertain yourself , just be here if I need you. I’ll call ”

So here I sit waiting for her , waiting for time to pass by. Just waiting. My head is buried in my knees trying my best to drown out the voices until someone nudged my side.

“ Ally are you asleep? ”
“ Huh ? “
“ Guess not. “
I lift my head a little to see who it was and fell short of falling off my chair.

“ J.. Kris ... wait what are you doing here the whole company is upside down trying to get things the right way up ”
“ Trust me they won’t notice I’m here ”
“ Is there something you need me to do ? ”

He looks at me oddly like he has never heard someone say something like that to him before.
“ I just want someone to sit with. ”
“ Oh . . OH how do you know my name ? “
“ Who doesn’t? “

I decide strongly in-fact to ignore his comment.

We sit there for what felt like hours making small talk like where my parents were from. My eyes were a giveaway I was not pure Korean. “ Dad was from the UK “. I look as Asian as any asian could get but my eyes were bigger and a lighter brown.

Everyone knows he is from the states. Our conversation carries on in English and I have never felt more at home with anyone else. My parents were back in the UK I was alone here and there were not that many people who could converse with me in english. My korean is good in fact but sometimes I just prefer speaking my mother tongue.

An hour has passed till someone decided to find the poor guy.

“ Kris ! Where in the world have you been . The reporters are all waiting for you !” I see his manager run over his phone still pressed to his ear.

Kris sighs and gets up brushing off whatever imaginary dust there might be. I get up with him my eyes still on his frantic manager coming down the hallway.

“ I guess I got to go. It was nice talking. I . . The guys will be green but anyway can I borrow your phone? “ he gives me his hand to put it in.  
“ Oh sure , ”
“ hurry up ! “

Digging the device out from my bag I pass it to him and he presses a few things before giving it back to me.
“ There now I have your number and you have mine. Talk to you later. “ And he runs off to meet his manager half way.

I figured he would forget about everything by the time the day ended so I refrained from thinking too much about it.

It did not end though.

12.30am and I was still with everyone else packing up the three conference rooms as well as preparing for the various schedule that had been postponed today. SHINee and Fx were in the midst of a photo-shoot which had to be done the next day. The Soshi girls were packed into the band room slash sound room practicing their vocals for the next SM Town . Max and Yunho had left way before anyone realized they were gone. I guess they needed to get away for awhile. The bunch of boys were somewhere I had not seen them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter