Mends

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mends ; how do they look like

Ara brings me back to my room and insists on staying but I tell her i would be fine. That i would call her if i needed anything.

Its already close to midnight when the bell rings. I recognised the silhouette so i open the door. There are no words just a brief exchange of looks and he holds my face in his hands. His lips are soft on mine. The kiss is desperate, frantic and completely not what i had expect when I saw him outside. I taste the alcohol on his lips and i stop him.

“ Kris, you’re drunk. ”

“ Why did you give me that glimpse of what its like to love you and be with you, only to take it away from me? ”

His face is so close to mine, his words ghosting the side of my cheek.

“ You should’ve never given in to me from the start Eunmi…”

“ I didn’t think straight, I let my heart get in the way, I’m sorry Kris ”

He pulls back a little so that his eyes meet mine.

“ Are you sorry for falling in love with me? Was I so big a mistake, so huge a regret, that now here you are apologising for it? ”

“ I didn’t mean it like that.”

He takes a deep breath and lets out a sigh.

“ Forget that i ever came here “ using the wall behind me, he pushes himself up and opens the door. He leaves the room not another word said.  

I let my body slowly slide down the side of the wall and on to the floor.
How long more was his stubbornness going to last, how long more could i take the pain of rejecting him. My heart was his , it had never change.

The pain looked in his eyes was starting to eat its way through my determination. Eventually I cry myself to sleep like i had so often recently. We had a day of rest before most of us were to move on to the next city. Two more stops before we could go back to Seoul.

When i woke up the sunlight was pouring in mercilessly. I reached for my phone to check the time.
11.30am

I squinted a little and noticed a couple of notifications on the message app. Swiping it open I checked through for anything urgent. There was an odd one from Ara. She didn’t even have my number.

[ Lets go out, we’re leaving at 1pm, if you don’t reply by 12 I will kick your door down ]

[[ I’m up, i was just planning on staying in bed the whole day though]]

[ Not the reply i was looking for or accepting , see you in the lobby at 1 ]


I yawned and rolled around in my bed. There wasn’t much to get ready I just needed to change and freshen up. My eyes felt swollen and puffy from the crying. Getting out of bed i grabbed a couple of ice cubes and sat there using it to massage circles around my eyes.

Least to say it didn’t work, when Ara’s first comment was, ‘ You were crying all night ? ’. It wasn’t soft everyone heard it. Chanyeol peaked out from his seat at the armchair to look at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter