American Dreams

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

American dreams ; or nightmares

By the time the America tour rolls around everyone is hyped up and on edge. This year Min Soo oppa is in charge of the live mixing for the shows so he manages to sneak a couple of assistants into the headcount. Me included.

We prepare as best as we can till the day of departure. The bus waits for us at the lobby to drive everyone to Incheon. It’s a huge convoy. Artist themselves , stylist , make up hair , backup dancers and all the tech people were booked on board a chartered flight. A 747 decked out in SM Town colours and branding sits by the bay.

I settle myself in the waiting area while Min Soo runs over a couple of things with the sound team.
My headphones plugged in I just look around at the huge army of people. Baekhyun is walking around giving random speeches and offering candy. I see him sitting there in the far corner engaged in a serious conversation with Chanyeol. The latter keeps turning around to look for someone , he sees me and waves frantically. I just smile and offer him a small nod. Then he goes back to talking.

I don’t know if i feel fortunate or sad that ever since the drunken encounter i barely saw him. They were busy with practice for the tour , so most of the artist were parked in the basement.

The flight was going to be a long one and I had been reminded to get some sleep on board the flight because the moment we land it was straight to work.

The entire plane was ours so no one really cared which seat was printed on the ticket. When the gates opened everyone just strolled in and sat wherever.

I try to move to the back of the plane but Min Soo shouts across the aisle and tells me to sit with him. The aircraft starts to fill up and soon enough everyone was boarded. A bag drops into the empty seat next to me and i look up. Chanyeol is staring at me with that goofy smile.

“ Oh , who is taking care of Coal while everyone is away ? “ It suddenly hit me that no one was gonna be in seoul.

“ Don’t worry , i got my sister to take care of him. She loves dogs more than me, so he is safe. She’s got two dogs of her own so it’ll be like a mini holiday for him“ I smile at the comforting thought.

“ Not like she cares “ the voice is low and spiteful. Kris walks pass is in the aisle and heads to the last row of the cabin.

The weird ache, i felt it again. I put on my brave smile and shook my head at Chanyeol who was about the grab him.

“ That idiot is rude AF “

“ Rightly so “

The plane takes off and i fall asleep for most of it. Waking up to eat or entertaining the occasional conversations with Chanyeol. I told him about the last time i met Kris outside the studio and he looked worried.

“ But at least he didn’t sleep out in the streets. That would’ve been a problem. He knew to at least find you “

I nodded.

The moment we land , we re checked in and handed the keys. The stadium needed another hour or two before we could head in , they were making the final tweaks on the stage build and set up. Once that was then we were good to go.

The beds are nice and comfy. I plonk myself on the mattress and stare up at the ceiling. LA seemed nice for the bus window. But we probably wouldn’t have any time to roam around.

There’s a knock on my door and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter