Guards

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guards ; we can't let ourself down

The cafeteria is mostly empty , in the far corner the Soshi girls are grabbing a snack before their trainer catches them. I pick up my bowl of soup and rice from the counter and find a seat. There’s a stack of notes Min Soo oppa had passed me, a new album release meant a whole onslaught of recordings were going to happen. The names are all too familiar but work is work and there isn’t much i can do to avoid being in the same room as him.

“ Ally ! “ the voice is familiar and i turn around in my chair. Chanyeol runs over and pulls the chair next to me out so he can sit.

“ What’s up ? “ i fold the schedule away and focus my attention on the giant.

“ What happened ? Kris hyung has gone completely nuts hasn’t he ? He said you left and you’re not coming back , Coal is driving is both up the wall cause he keeps running around looking for you. “

“ Chanyeol ah, we ..... we’re on a break i’m not even sure if it’s temporary anymore but can you please take care of him, make sure he eats , and that poor baby Coal, what are we gonna do about him” I sigh , whatever that was left of my appetite is gone now.

“Ally , you cant be serious ?”

“ I am Chanyeol , i’m staying with Min-ah for now until find another place “

He is silent , not sure how to digest the information. Before he can continue , the other boys spill into the cafeteria , then i see him. Quietly following behind. He laughs a little at what Luhan says then he looks up.

Our eyes meet for a brief second before i hurriedly pull away. I abandon my food and grab my belongings .

Chanyeol sees my sudden reaction and turns to where my eyes were. Before he realizes it I’ve left the table and i’m almost running through the door. He calls me but i ignore him. I don’t stop till I reach the stairs before i collapse against the side of the wall. There’s that ache in my chest. It grips so tightly, but there is nothing i can do.

When the anxiety passes, I steady myself and take careful steps back to the studio. My mind mentally notes that I shouldn’t be running around the company if my goal was to avoid him.

The following couple of days pass by too quickly. Recordings after recordings, then the endless number of edits to finish. Tracks that needed cleaning started to pile, soon Min Soo oppa and I had forgotten what day light looked like.

Its probably already close to midnight as I make my way down around the building to get some food. Min Soo asked me to pick something simple up from across the road , he didn’t want me wandering around too far in the cold.

Untangling my earphones from my coat pocket, i plugged them in and shuffled the tracks. It was going to take probably another couple o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter