Faults In The Earth

Shin | 신
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Faults in the earth ; because we let them.

There is an odd silence that lingers in the house now. No one really says much. Chanyeol tries to break the coldness of the apartment , he tries his best but its hardly enough. I rarely see much of Kris, he’s always busy with work and practice coming home and weird hours. We barely exchange any words and he goes to sleep. Oddly he still holds me when the lights are down, he pulls me close against his chest gently rubbing circles into the small of my back.

Coal jumps on the bed and tries to snuggle between the both of us. Annoyed that he hasn’t been getting the same kind of love and attention over the last couple of days. I wriggle out of Kris’s hold and pick the puppy up when he starts to whine. He gives me a dignified look , telling me he wants to be apart of whatever we might be doing. Carefully i crawl out of bed and carry him out into the living room. I pour myself a glass of water and dig through the cabinet for his treats.

“ Hand? “ I ask as i kneel down to meet him.

His little paw reaches out and places it carefully on my palm. I smile and reward him.

“ Other hand? “ he does the same, yelping happily as he gobbles the second treat down.

I watch I’m run circles around me as i find myself a comfortable position on the floor.

“ I think your daddy is angry with me Coalie, what should I do ? ” The pup stops and looks at me quizzically his overly large ears flopping to the side.

“ Does he hate me ? “ i ask and the pup barks angrily.
I hurriedly try to shush the little terror but it’s too late. the bedroom door creaks open and i see kris standing there looking at me.

“ Why aren’t you in bed , sitting out here in the cold ? “ the words are filled with concern but he doesn’t show it on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter