4. The Art of Mischief

The Art of Avoiding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO WEEKS. Two weeks and nothing, two weeks. Oh Sehun is about to lose his damn mind, feeling it slowly succumb to his own ideas. And he doesn’t like it. Two weeks and he’s actually waiting, waiting for at least a call, a text, a message, ANYTHING really. But two weeks later and nothing. I mean, he should have seen it coming, she did ran out that morning so why the hell should he expect she’d comeback? Wait, hold up. That sounds weird. Oh Sehun is not attached, he just expects some kind of closure, some kind of discussion or whatever. Definitely not attached. Definitely.

I mean, it’s his fault too anyways, he’s the guy in this situation - no - he’s supposed to get the number, he’s supposed to do the “hitting her up” and talking about it, asking about it, you know? But he’s too much of a puss to do so and he hasn’t found himself in this type situation for years so he’s a little loose in a lot of places. So he doesn’t know what to do and asking s is not an option. Not in a ing million years, no way.

So now here he is, sprawled on the living room couch, switching through channels without knowing what to do, bored out of his mind and trying to distract himself from the thoughts that threaten to engulf him, because once it does, Sehun wouldn’t be able to control it.

“URRGGGG!!!” The said man groaned, kicking his legs in the air while the members which shared the same dorm looked at him with a confused look on each of their faces. “I can’t do this!” He proclaimed, sitting up on the couch and ruffling his hair in frustration.

“Hey lover boy,” Chanyeol called from the kitchen after swallowing the food he was eating. “You good?” He asked, looking at the said latter who is still ruffling his hair.

“Lover boy?” Kim Minseok - the oldest out of all of them - repeated, confused at Park Chanyeol’s choice of words.

Sehun groaned, once again sprawling himself onto the couch, his legs moving violently in the air. “My damn brain won’t shut up, so no, I am not ok!”

“Ohhh,” Byun Baekhyun himself suddenly appeared from the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel, “thinking about her now I see?” He poked at him, quickly passing by before the giant - after Chanyeol that is - can lay a finger on him.

“Her?” Kim Jongdae, who is also in the dorm - along with every member actually but some of them are inside the bedrooms - repeated like Minseok, a little lost like the oldest member who looked at him with that “what-are-they-talking-about” look on his face which Jongdae could only shrug as an answer.

But like Minseok, his question remains unanswered as Sehun flashed Baekhyun a glare, grabbing a pillow - multiple pillows actually - and throwing it across the room which all successfully hit Byun Baekhyun. “Shut up, it’s not me, it’s my brain!” he hissed, adjusting his posture on the couch to get a better shot at his target who is currently looking like he’s in gym class as he tried dodging all the pillows coming his way.

Baekhyun pouted, jumping across the room in a failed attempt to not get hit further, “That is such a lame excuse— OWW!” He whined loudly, now getting everybody’s attention in the dorm after Oh Sehun himself had hit him on the head with the hardest pillow he could find. “This is disrespect Oh Sehun!” He dramatically cried out, his small self about to jump the second tallest member.

“Wait, wait, wait!!!” Minseok yelled, keeping Baekhyun back from an unbothered Oh Sehun who is STILL acting like a girl in those teenage movies where they move around in their bed, ruffling their hair, kicking their legs, and wiggling around. But for him, it isn’t because he’s giddy or anything, it’s just his brain won’t shut up and he can’t stop thinking about it. Anyways, back to Minseok who’s currently holding back Baekhyun. “Who is ‘her’ you guys are referring to?”

Wow, thanks daddy, you’re asking the right questions.

So hearing this, Oh Sehun’s teenager seizures on the couch finally stopped, realizing that he is close to outing himself out to every single member, and he is not ready for that yet. Because what comes after it is a lot of teasing, non-stop, more than you could imagine. They will never let him live and he knows they’ll take every chance they’d get to embarrass him, and once the rest knows, he’s one hundred percent sure they’ll use it against him. Not in a bad way, they’ll just blackmail him to buy them dinner and run errands for them; but Oh Sehun doesn’t want that. Because as much as Oh Sehun loves s to death, they could be annoying sometimes to the point where he needs to get away for a day - two days even - before seeing them again.

And it’s not just that, they really can’t know, especially the older members, especially one particular person. It’s more complicated, it isn’t just because Oh Sehun is scared that the public will find out, it’s also because it shouldn’t have happened in the first place; it shouldn’t ever happen, especially with a BLACKPINK member. Why? Because it’s forbidden. Why? Because the same up happened a year ago. With who? The same situation, the same scenario, different members. Yeah, but who?

“Why does Baekhyun look like he’s about to dive?” Do Kyungsoo - and the rest of the members - suddenly came out from the room they were chilling in one by one, hearing the ruckus going on outside. He passed by Baekhyun - the diver - who finally got himself out of Minseok’s grasp, now triggered at Kyungsoo’s jab at him but not making a move because he knows if he does, he’ll die in his hands. “I’m going to cook.” He plainly said, before going to the kitchen and kicking Chanyeol out who is still eating.

“What’s all the noise about?” Junmyeon asked, looking at the - still - frozen Sehun on the couch and to Minseok who still had a questioning look on his face.

“Nothing,” Sehun quickly answered after getting over the shookness of Minseok’s question, waving Junmyeon away. “Just saw a bug or something, I think I killed it already.” He awkwardly laughed, turning his face away from the oldest member who currently has a raised brow, now getting a full hint by Oh Sehun’s that the youngest member - also Baekhyun and Chanyeol - are hiding something.

“BUG?!” Baekhyun sneered, hearing the lamest excuse he has ever heard in his lifetime. Like he may be an idiot sometimes, but his brain can come up with a better excuse than a sorry one like a damn bug. “How can a bug even get in here you idiot?!”

Sehun shrugged, “I don’t know, how did you get in here?”

“EXCUSE ME?!”

Oh here we go again ladies.

“Did you just refer to me as a bug?!”

It ain’t that deep.

“Oh I’m sorry, did I say that outloud?” Sehun replied, his response laced with a dull tone that did not escape Baekhyun’s ears who is honestly triggered at the youngest member’s words.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Kim Jongdae interrupted the lovers quarrel, getting their attention - finally. “You two are either really childish or y’all just avoiding our questions.” He pointed out, and as he did, Oh Sehun swore he felt his heart suddenly hammer inside his chest while Baekhyun couldn’t care less, it wasn’t is problem and he thinks everybody else should know anyways. I mean, it’s been two weeks.

But for Oh Sehun, he doesn’t care. He’d rather have the whole ground swallow him up before the rest of s finds out. So hearing Kim Jongdae’s words, he felt himself about to dash out of the dorm, felt his soul leaving his body, felt himself shake a little - like Kim Jisoo.

“Sehun, just tell them,” Junmyeon told him, sitting on the floor of the living room, facing the said latter whose face looks like it’s drained out of blood from how pale it got from Junmyeon’s words.

Well Sehun couldn’t avoid the rest of s forever and even if he tries, they’ll always get their way and torture Sehun for all the information he’s too afraid to spill. But he has no choice, because it has come to the point where he can’t hide it anymore, especially when Kim Junmyeon himself is urging him, telling him the right thing to do. So even though he’s scared, even though he has to brace himself for whatever’s going to be s reaction; at least Kim Jongin wasn’t here, yet. Because if Kim Jongin were to be in here, he’d be dead and buried.

“YOU WHAT?!!!”

That was Kim Jongdae himself screaming at Sehun’s revelation.

“Sehun, you did not.”

Kim Minseok calmly said, an opposite reaction from that of Kim Jongdae’s loud scream.

“Is this a prank?”

Chef Kyungsoo paused from his cooking.

“Sehun you know you can’t!”

You think he doesn’t know that?

“I can’t believe this.”

Well, it happened.

“So, it’s not a prank?”

No Kyungsoo, no.

“Ok before you hit me with the—-“ Sehun started, but was interrupted by an inspired Byun Baekhyun who apparently finds all of this amusing.

“DDU DDU DDU??” Byun Baekhyun - the one with the brilliant mind - plainly said, his fingers making the infamous gun as he waved it around while the rest turned to glare at the said idiot, especially Oh Sehun who is really close to jumping him any second. “Well, I’m afraid that you’ve already been hit my friend.”

 

He laughed. Byun Baekhyun actually laughed at his own joke. Cackled actually, sounding like crow.

“Baekhyun,” Junmyeon started, his voice low. And once Kim Junmyeon’s voice goes low, you know you better shut the hell up or you won't live to see another day. “I’m giving you a second chance, so if you don’t keep quiet, I’m not going to think twice in kicking you out or locking you in a room.”

With that, our Mister Byun Baekhyun gave out a small scowl before retreating on the other side of the living room, the idiot now pouting, finding all of this unfair. He was just being helpful, with what and how you ask? I don't know, ask him.

Anyways, moving on with this , let’s go back to Oh Sehun getting grilled shall we ladies?

“Ok, as I was saying,” Sehun quickly continued, not wanting any of the two older members - Minseok and Jongdae - to beat him from speaking first and bombarding him with their wise scolding. “Before you talk to me about why I shouldn’t have done what I had done, it was a mistake.”

Minseok shook his head, looking at Sehun with a “no ” expression on his face. “No duh, the last time was a mistake too. So what’s your point?”

“My point is,” Sehun said, preventing Jongdae from saying anything after Minseok. “I’m not Jongin.”

“Ok, once again, your point is?” Jongdae finally spoke, giving Sehun a look that could kill, “we’re not at all comparing you to Mister Kim “I’ll-fix-it-don’t-worry” Jongin himself, we’re just saying that you could have prevented it, you know our promise Sehun.”

Oh yeah, he damn well knows about the so-called “promise” that was made, a promise he too thought that he’d never break; but here he is, doing exactly what he shouldn’t have done. But like, can he do anything about it now? No, it already happened. But because a promise was made and it was made during a time where they needed to make it, Sehun knew that he messed up, big time.

Chanyeol - yes, he’s been here the whole entire time he was just busy with his food - sat in the mini circle that the older members had made around Sehun who sat on the couch. “Sehun you know why these oldies are up in your , Jongin has done enough damage to Kimjen, we don’t want it happening all over again.”

Ok, y’all are probably confused as at this point. You’re probably asking, what’s the damn problem, it’s just ? Or maybe, what the did Kim Jongin do? And, why the hell are they so against this? Well let me just dive right in and tell you girlies. First of all, as hinted in the first chapter, Miss Kim Jennie is going through some and as hinted in the previous chapter and by Oh Sehun himself in this current one, Kim Jongin ed up too.

Now everything’s probably making a little sense, Jennie and Jongin, Jongin and Jennie. One year ago, different after party, the same situation. Yes, they had their own little night spent together. Did it end just like that? Ahh, no. Kim Jongin that time was going through a supposed heartbreak by the one and only Jung Soojung. Well, it was a mutual break up but Kim Jongin still had lingering feelings for her and Kim Jennie was just the right person for the distraction he needed. What an . So he kept her, and she knew the reason but stayed. Why? How the would I know? The girl can make her own decisions.

Anyways, since then the rest of the members became acquainted to Kim Jennie as Jongin himself talked about her, spoke to her on the phone even when all of them were around. With that, they would sometimes yell in the background, saying hi and giving her the nickname “Kimjen” that also works as a secret alias that they could use. But like Jennie, they knew Jongin’s game and they didn’t approve of it (well duh who would?). So as much as they scolded and talked to Jongin about it, it went in one ear and out the other faster than a damn lightning bolt; so in other words, the boy didn’t listen.

 

Now, Kim Junmyeon barely talks to the guy since he won’t listen and learning about what he did two weeks ago, it put an even more strain in their friendship. So even though Junmyeon is more mature, he’s not going to be the first one to say anything or even talk to Jongin. What did he do you ask? Well, it’s not my story to tell.

“Have you talked to her?” Our Chef Do Kyungsoo spoke from the kitchen, mixing the pasta he’s currently boiling and testing if it’s cooked yet by chucking it across the kitchen to the other side of the wall. The piece of pasta fell by the way, so it’s not cooked yet since it didn’t stick.

Anyways.

With that question, all of them looked at Sehun, staring him down like they were about to beat the poor guy who now feels like he’s going to pee himself - like Kim Jisoo. “Have you?” They all asked at the same time, surprising themselves as they glanced at each other in shock but moving on since they can’t get out of topic.

“How?”

That was Oh Sehun triggering the rest with that one question.

“You’re kidding.”

That was Kim Minseok who literally had disappointment written all over his face hearing what Oh Sehun just said.

“You get her number, duh?”

That was Do Kyungsoo finally speaking up again, actually shook this time.

“You’re an idiot.”

That was Park Chanyeol stating the obvious.

“You think he doesn’t know?”

That was Kim Jongdae making fun of the said idiot.

 

“Dude, you STILL haven’t asked for her number?!”

 

That was Byun Baekhyun breaking his silence after Junmyeon told him to shut up.

“Did you just asked how?” This is Kim Junmyeon repeating what he just heard but had to make sure if he really heard it right ‘cause he has never heard Oh Sehun sound this dumb in years.

“I told you, he’s hopeless.”

Byun Baekhyun said so himself, and if he believes he’s right, then he is.

“Sehun, you literally have friends - I’m talking about Song Mino by the way - that you could ask.” Junmyeon pointed out, looking at Sehun with an unreadable expression that also says a lot.

Y’all think Oh Sehun doesn’t know that? Y’all really think he’s too dumb to realize that? no. He probably hovers through Song Mino’s contact like twice a day these past two weeks contemplating whether he should ask for Kim Jisoo’s number or not. But as you can see, he doesn’t have enough courage to do so, and if he ever does, he knows he’ll be bombarded by a lot of questions. And also because he doesn’t want anyone else to know, because he knows that once it spreads, it will reach the hands of those who will use it to ruin his career, especially hers. And Oh Sehun can’t let that happen.

He has seen multiple times in the past years since he debuted just how the media, the fans, and the whole industry could ruin a person; especially a female. So now that he has kind of accepted that he ed up, he now realizes that he not only has the job to protect himself; he now also has the job to protect her.

“You know once I ask I’ll basically be a welcome mat for other people to ask me more questions,” Sehun said, staring right into Junmyeon’s eyes as if trying to tell him something. “You know what happens once I do that.”

Baekhyun, for the first time since this day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter