2. The Art of Worrying

The Art of Avoiding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just to make it clear, Miss Lalisa Manoban did not get murdered. Well... She’s close to dying though as she’s currently locked out of the damn apartment. The two Satan’s - that is Kim Jisoo and Kim Jennie - according to the youngest member’s words, both decided to drag her out in the balcony, locking the damn door and proceeding to close the ing curtains on her in this freezing ing weather. But no worries, they came back to throw a THIN BLANKET THAT WOULDN’T EVEN DO EITHER THAN COVER HER. So yeah, she’s fine. Definitely.

But really, she did asked for it. Talking about whether Oh Sehun is “gifted” down there and whatnot is SO out of the line - heh, not really, it was a much needed conversation - and Kim Jisoo was not having any of it, so was Jennie apparently. So the two didn’t have any damn choice either than locking the youngest member out of the apartment, even in the middle of winter while there’s snow still falling from the sky. They didn’t have choice (well kicking her out into the hallway would have been better but whatever) and the “gifted” question was the last straw for the older two.

However, Jisoo is now itching to let Lisa in, she wasn’t in her right mind when she had grabbed the latter and dragged her across the room and out in the balcony. She didn’t think about the consequences of being stuck with Jennie, now that she’s staring at her, waiting for her to speak, to explain herself, to give her the damn ing details already. So now, she’s in full regret, scared for her life, shaking in her seat, close to ting herself, virtually digging her own grave, jumping in it voluntarily and letting the ground swallow her whole. God why is she so stupid, obviously not in her right state of mind. She has never been this dumb, she feels as if all the events of last night has ed her up, literally, physically AND emotionally.

“So.” It’s not an exaggeration when I say that Jisoo felt herself pee a little when Jennie’s voice suddenly rang throughout the apartment, low and slow mixed with a “i-am-not-impressed” tone in her voice that Jisoo has become accustomed to, that she’s become so familiar with that even if she says something in the most lowest and under the breath voice, she would have still heard it and would have allowed herself to her pants. But not today, no. Even if she’s sitting here, fearing for her life and regretting kicking Lisa out to the balcony, she can’t piss off Jennie more, or else, it would truly be the end of her, and ting in her pants right now isn’t a damn option.

But if she did her pants, just know that she tried her very best not to, and you should actually applaud her for holding it in longer than she has. This is an extreme sport, only the best of the best and those who have trained for a day like this are worth the Noble Peace Award, and if somebody says so otherwise, then feel sorry for yourself.

Anyways, moving on with this bull. Let’s see what Jennie has to say to the shooketh Jisoo. “Oh Sehun huh?” Jennie continued, that tone still dripping and slowly mocking Jisoo with every word coming out of the younger latter’s mouth, “So you weren’t drunk but he was?” Jisoo slowly nodded, unsure of herself, actually hiding a small detail. But she wouldn’t tell, unless if it were noticed. Which - ing of course - Jennie did. “Ok, looking at your face and how it has “I’m-guilty-don’t-trust-me” look written all over it, I’m going to ask you one last time Jisoo, and you better answer my question damn STRAIGHT before you’re the one that gets kicked out of this apartment - what happened last night?”

Ok, well , here goes her wasted 23 years on Earth.

“Regrets,” she started, going off for her while her brain is too slow to talk. “I don’t know, it just happened, really!”

“Jisoo, just doesn’t ‘happen’,” Jennie said, staring right at Jisoo and through her soul. “It’s not magic, it’s not something that just comes to you when you ask for it.”

“Urg!” Jisoo groaned, her brain virtually turning into mush, not wanting to remember what happened last night and HOW it happened. Because really, it just did. “I don’t know! I just remember being in a room and staring at him and the rest is ing history!” Ok, well, that explains everything.

Jennie sighed, knowing that she won’t get anything out of the latter. Even if she’s telling the truth or not about not remembering anything, she knows that once Kim Jisoo sets her mind to something, she stays and doesn’t swerve - unlike other people (notice the jab). “You really don’t don’t know how it happened?” Jisoo nodded. “Well then, did you consent to it?” Jisoo, even though she didn’t want to admit, nodded once again. “Did he consent to it?” Gender equality y’all, EVERY party related to a case must consent. So Jisoo nodded, but a slow and wondering nod. “Ok, so you’re unsure whether he consented.”

“He was drunk,” she quickly said, sighing when it left . “I think…” with those words leaving , she saw how Jennie’s expression changed. “Ok, , I don’t know! He smelled like alcohol and I did too so I’m pretty sure he thought I was drunk too and maybe he also wasn’t drunk but we’ll never know!” Jisoo philosophically explained, Jennie internally rolling her eyes. “I just pictured your eye roll, but it’s the truth.” Jisoo sighed, now giving the latter a glare while she shrugged in return, not even correcting her accusation.

 

“Jisoo, you know how those things turn out,” Jennie slowly said, now turning into her mother-self. “Those things just doesn’t end like that, you saw what happened to me.”

 

Hearing this, Kim Jisoo sighed, her level of guilt and regret now reaching its maximum point, actually past it already. And seeing how Kim Jennie’s expression changed when she said she THINKS Oh Sehun was drunk, she wishes she could go back in time. Because hearing it, Kim Jisoo felt like she was experiencing deja vu, like all of these has happened before; and it has. But not to her, but to Kim Jennie. Exactly a year ago.

 

Jisoo sighed, sitting closer to Jennie. “Jennie you know you can tell me anything right?” She asked the younger latter, staring right into her eyes as she got a nod in return. “What happened?”

 

“He happened,” Jennie whispered, feeling her emotions rush back after forcing them away to interrogate Jisoo. “I don’t know, I don’t think I can talk about it yet Jisoo.” She truthfully told the older member, her eyes swelling up with tears that threatened to fall.

 

Jisoo nodded, understanding Kim Jennie, getting her because they’ve been through this a lot. “Just tell me one thing, who left?”

 

“I did, which I should have done a long time ago.” She answered, once again forcing her tears to go away, not wanting to let them fall. “But as much as I want to say that I did it first, he is the true winner. You know she came? That’s when I ran out, because seeing someone that happy for somebody else, that’s when you realize that you really should walk out first.”

 

“Oh Jennie,” Jisoo mumbled, pulling her into a hug as she felt her own eyes producing its own tears, “well him anyways, you’re the one that got away and he has to live with that for the rest of his life. He let go of someone he failed to see true beauty in.”

As Jennie was about to speak however, a series of knocks interrupted their conversation and the two finally remembered Miss Lalisa Manoban freezing her outside.

“Oh !” Jisoo exclaimed after realizing that they had shoved Lisa out fifteen minutes earlier. “I think we should let in the monkey,” Jisoo suggested, getting up from her seat and making her way to the balcony door, finally opening it and letting the younger member in.

“Ok pieces of s,” Lisa started, lightly shivering from the cold while the blanket that was thrown at her earlier lamely rested around her body, doing no ing justice at all. “I have enough of this ‘lock-Lisa-out’ bull, I am rebelling against this damn injustice dumb s,” and the series of profanities continued to flow out, gone is the innocent Lalisa Manoban, the rebel I-don’t-give-a- Pranpriya Manoban is making her damn ing debut es.

But even before Kim Jennie could slap the disrespectful monkey across the head, the sound of the dorm code being pressed and the door opening made them go quiet and Jennie’s hand frozen in the air.

“Manager?” Lisa whispered - amazing she can actually be quiet for once - under her breath, shook to the core because if it were their manager, the two oldest would be dead, seeing how they’re wearing the same clothes from last night and looking like a complete mess.

“You guys good?” And a series of sighs filled the room as Park Chaeyoung herself walked in, confused as as her three members stood in the middle of the living room looking like they were about to pass out at any given moment. “Are you guys wearing the same clothes as yesterday?” The chipmunk pointed out, looking at Jennie and Jisoo as her steps quickened at the sight of the said clothes, her eyebrows creased, a dramatic gasp leaving . “YOU ARE!”

And Kim Jisoo felt like she was about to jump off the goddamn balcony, because she’s about to spill the damn beans for the third time today.

“OH SEHUN?!!”

Here we go again.

“NO WAY!”

Yes way .

“YOU DID NOT!”

Well she did.

“HOW?!!”

you tell her, she doesn’t even know.

“HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER?!”

Beats her.

“YOU GOT TO BANG THAT?!”

Uhh really?

“WHAT?! IT’S OH SEHUN!”

Yeah duh, but so what?

“JISOO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?! YOU BANGED OH SEHUN!”

Ok and? She wishes she hadn’t.

“Jisoo even though you regret it and you’re beating yourself up for it, maybe the guy is too or maybe he isn’t and he’s interested and that he really doesn’t mind.” Chaeyoung stated, seeing how the oldest is in the middle of a breakdown.

“It’s not at all about that,” Jisoo started, finally stating how she really feels about it now that all of them sat in the living room. “I regret it, I know I ed up and I shouldn’t have and it was dumb for me to let it happen but that’s not what I’m scared of.”

“You’re scared that you’ll get caught.” Jennie spoke the latters mind, seeing and knowing how it feels, because she went through it and is still going through it. “You’re scared that the fans will find out and that they’ll eat you alive once they do and you’ll become the centre of a witch hunt. You’re scared that with that one up, everything you worked hard for would all tumble down even before you had a chance to save it from falling. You’re scared that it will end us too. That we’ll also be over.” Jennie sighed, seeing how Jisoo’s eyes started to water, feeling and knowing just how it feels to have those thoughts. “Jisoo, it’s ok. It’s a once in a lifetime up, at least you’ve done it only once, while I’ve ed over more than I can count.”

“But I don’t want to lose this, everything, the things we’ve all worked hard for over something dumb and stupid like hooking up with a damn dude. I can’t let that happen.”

“Well, it already did,” Chaeyoung pointed out the obvious, sitting closer to the older member and giving her a hug from behind. “Just it, who cares? If it were to get out, so what? It’s only natural, literally at least one out three idols are part of groupies and they enjoy that . ual pleasure isn’t a sin, even if the bible says so.”

Lisa, who has been quiet all this time - wow what a surprise - suddenly had confusion written all over her face at what Park Chaeyoung had said. “Wait... The Bible says having is a sin? Since when?”

Hearing this, the sweet and comforting chipmunk groaned, releasing her arms away from Kim Jisoo’s waste and facing Lalisa herself. “Are you kidding me? Lisa, this is why you’re going to hell.”

“ excuse me?”

Urgg here we go.

“If you want to preach so bad about your Bible, then why didn’t you just become a priest yourself?”

Oh my god.

“I didn’t even say anything!”

Sigh....

“You said I’m going to hell!”

Yes ladies, it is the right time to argue. *notice the sarcasm*

“And you still wonder why you won’t?!”

Urg, let’s just move on. This ’s not going anywhere.

“Maybe if you read the Bible, you wouldn’t have taken my words too seriously!”

Ok, I guess we’re not moving on at all.

“Well sorry FATHER Rosie, not everybody’s religious ok?!”

This really isn’t going anywhere.

“You don’t even have to be religious! It’s about common sense, but apparently you don’t have any!”

Well .

“Guys shut up!”

Oh my god, FINALLY! Thank you Miss Kim Jennie.

“How the did we go from having an extreme dilemma to you two yelling about the Bible?”

Oh good question, but we’ll never know the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter