5. The Art of Asking

The Art of Avoiding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IMPORTANT*** The Up's character boards will be updated with new quotes that will make you wonder what the hell will happen next and new characters will be added that will spice things up with more up's to come!

He knows her game. Holy Oh Sehun is on to her!

“I am so ing dead.” Kim Jisoo herself breathlessly declared in their waiting room after literally running away once the group picture was taken.

Her heart, oh my god her heart, she swears it’s about to explode from aggressively beating too damn hard in her chest. Her stomach, her stomach, she feels like it’s filled with ing butterflies that won’t stop fluttering. Oh my god. She’s over.

Kim Jennie couldn’t help but chuckle, jumping on the couch and going straight for her phone. “You just realized?” She teased, raising a brow at the latter who gave her a glare which she ignored, too busy with her phone.

“ you, you guys are supposed to be my support system through all this but you’re doing a ty job!” She whined, giving them the middle finger before getting dragged to sit in front of a mirror by their makeup artist for a retouch.

“Support system for what?”

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome their manager - managers actually, with an S. Four of them. Basically meaning they’re dead and done for. Because the only people who know about Jisoo’s little dilemma is her and the members themselves. That’s it.

Jennie, who was once busy with her phone, threw that right away, realizing that they’ve been running their mouths when they shouldn’t have been. And now she gotta do her and think about lies she could tell to get out of this situation. “Ahh for the performance, what else?” She quickly said, giving out her gummy smile that no one can resist - except for one person, but let’s not go there, yet.

“YEAH!” Jisoo exaggeratedly exclaimed, startling even their makeup artist who’s currently patting her face with powder or whatever the that is. “You know, since we’re covering our colleague’s song, I don’t want to screw it up you know?”

“You better not.”

Oh god, how many damn intruders are we going to get.

Anyways, let’s all welcome Song Mino himself, everybody clap. Just do it. Ok. Did you do it yet? Good. Let’s move on.

“I mean I’m one of your biggest fan but like, if you screw up you’re not going to get sympathy from me, you’re just going to get a whole plate of nothing cause I’m going to ignore your for a week.” Wow, what a good friend!

Jisoo groaned, getting up from the chair she sat on after finishing up with her retouch. She walked over to the with daggers coming out of her eyes, looking like she was about to jump the guy right then and there. “Well shove it all down your throat then , we won’t even be seeing each other for more than a week anyways, I don’t need your loudass bothering me everyday.”

“ing excuse me?” Just like Lisa, here we have Mino himself doing his infamous “hand-on-chest-mouth forming an O, eyebrows creased followed by a dramatic gasp” fake hurt expression. “I would have said “ I don’t think so, you’ll miss me and you know it” but then is too strong of a word so I didn’t.”

“Wooowwwwwww,” Jennie mocked in the background, her sarcastic , fake touched tone echoing throughout the room. “How considerate of you.”

“Hey I’m already hurt by Kim Jisoo’s rude comment, don’t rub salt in my already bleeding wound ok?” The idiot cried out. I don’t even know what the hell he’s doing here, I don’t even know his purpose either, so let’s just go with the flow or whatever. I’ll get it soon.

Lisa’s hyena laugh then filled the whole room, can y’all tell she’s amused by all of this. Anyways, she is. And apparently it’s hilarious to her when it really isn’t that deep. “You guys are hilarious!” She exclaimed, and she’s not even being sarcastic, that girl really is amused. Pretty sure she’s on something, this girl’s too weird.

Jisoo, who’s obviously done with this , sat beside Jennie, far away from the two dramatic, 4D-filled personality, annoying people that she needs a break away from. “What are you even doing here idiot?”

Mino who’s still “hurt” from Kim Jisoo’s blunt statement from earlier, suddenly had a virtual light lit up above his head, remembering why he barged in on his fellow label mate’s waiting room in the first place. “Oh right!” He exclaimed, suddenly slamming the door behind him that’s been open this whole entire time because he was only planning to stay for a minute but look where that turned out.

 

Anyways, he then rushed over to Jisoo’s side, his eyebrows once again almost touching each other as he creased them, a confused and questioning look suddenly filled his face. “I heard from a little bird that something happened?” He started, then realizing that the room is filled with their managers and stylists curiously looking them, he leaned in to whisper. “I just want to know if it’s true?”

And that’s when Kim Jisoo realized that she is truly done for. I mean, y’all are probably are annoyed at this point at how many times I’ve written “she’s done for”, but really, this time is for REAL, like she might as well literally jump in a grave herself. Because she didn’t want any of this to go around, and she thought that Oh Sehun would have kept his mouth shut the way she has been doing, but apparently not. She figures, I mean Song Mino and Oh Sehun are friends and they do hang out once in a while when their schedules allow them to, but Kim Jisoo never knew that they’d be this close to the point that Sehun would tell the idiot about their little “rendezvous.”

“What do you mean?” Jisoo mumbled, suddenly not having any energy at all to even react or say anything else. Like this might as well go to the hospital because of how many times she has felt her heart drop this whole entire day, and it isn’t even over, not even close. And she wonders if she’ll get through it without having the need to break the down. Cause she feels it coming, and she’s scared that it will.

“Lee Taeyong.” Mino aggressively whispered, by aggressively I mean that loud whisper he does when he gets too excited and doesn’t realize that he actually said it out loud. Anyways yeah, Lee Taeyong. Anyways, what about him you asked? Well you’re about to find out.

Oh and also, cue Kim Jisoo’s relieve sigh that only she heard in her brain but also her members simultaneously ‘cause as much as they tease Jisoo about her night out with Oh Sehun, they wouldn’t want anybody else finding out about it. It should just stay between them and the other party that’s part of it. Anybody else that gets a hand on it, they’re basically done for.

At the mention of the name, Jennie gave out a loud groan, the three other girls suddenly laughed, their managers chuckling and the stylists giving Jennie a playful smirk that the latter hates so damn much. “Seriously Song Mino? You really got your in here just to gossip?”

“What? I’m curious! It’s been the talk of the town, by town I mean boy groups.” Mino said, leaning back on the couch after realizing that literally everybody in this room actually knows the deal about Lee Taeyong. “Like the boy is lovesick, not only that but he’s crazy, over you!” He pointed, gaining more laughter from Jennie’s fellow members and the managers and stylists in the room while Jennie herself is currently trying to control herself from jumping the idiot and beating the out of him.

“Ok first of all,” Jennie started, girly is about to get sassy up in here so let’s all get ready by fastening our seatbelts shall we? “He’s not “crazy” over me, that’s too exaggerated and DEFINITELY far from the truth, second, I’m not the one he’s “lovesick” with, and third you , I’m not even the one he’s into!”

Lisa, who has deemed all of this as “bull”, chimed in with her own revelation. “That’s a lie, you’ve been busy with your phone every single day because of him and you can’t deny it because I’ve got proof!” Yaaassssss Manoban, let’s throw her under the bus even more!

“Proof of what?! Him asking me what the Irene prefers over roses or lilies cause I got those proofs too you little s!”

Well , even more revelatoon than any of us bargained for, even I am shook.

Mino then gasped, along with everybody else in the room. “No way!”

“YES WAY YOU ING S! Yes he got my number first and told me that he liked me but not that way! That has been texting me about Irene and how to woo the - she’s not a it’s a said in a friendly and close way by the way - and I’m out here tryna play cupid and y’all are accusing me of TALKING to the guy THAT way?!”

Ahh, Kim Jennie is mad. But we got everybody else shooketh so let’s find out more about this shall we?

“Wait what? Aren’t her and Sehun a thing?”

Ooohhhhh even more juicer details, my god.

Chaeyoung’s head then turned to look at Jisoo who had said this juicy detail, giving her a “look”. “Is that why you’ve been avoiding her?”

Oh .

“Well yeah duh!” Jisoo exclaimed, “I literally bang—“

. She just realized they weren’t alone.

“Ahh I mean, no! What do you mean?!”

Wow, awkward.

“Irene and Sehun?” Mino repeated, looking at Jisoo now. “That guy doesn’t even talk about her when we hang out and the only text mate’s he has are s and our group chat. I mean not that I know of, but he always says she’s like a sister to him and the shipping thing with her is weird.”

Jennie nodded at this, weirdly agreeing with the idiot which she rarely does. “Yeah and Irene’s with Taeyong, I literally text her about everything Taeyong asks me about and that girl’s in for it, sooner or later those two would be official.”

Well then, since all of these revelations have come out without the writers consent - LMFAO - I guess I gotta explain all this then before we move on.

So first of all, yes, Mister Lee Taeyong himself, SM’s new rookie leader that’s doing a hell of a good job keeping seventeen members PLUS himself, together (and counting by the way). Oh and his relationship with Kim Jennie? JUST friends, actually, partners-in-crime. Jennie said so herself, the idiot is out to get Red Velvet’s leader, Bae Joohyun. And he’s using Jennie as the bridge to reach her. Why you asked? Because duh, both girls are close and literally text each other everyday about how loud and annoying their members are and they are a hundred percent done with their bull but still love them to bits and pieces so they really don’t have a choice.

 

Anyways, and yes, Lee Taeyong did “confess” to Jennie first, but once again as Jennie said, not THAT way. He just told her how he admires her as person, because if y’all didn’t know, this two received a ton of even before they debuted. He told her how he sympathizes with her and that he has gone through it all too and he wants to be someone that she can talk to, because they’ve gone through the same . And that’s all, and that’s how their friendship started.

How did the rumours of Lee Taeyong supposedly going “crazy” over Kim Jennie started you asked? By his own , immature pieces of s members themselves. Now you may or you may not know this fact, but rookies basically get shoved in a whole waiting room all together and are only separated through makeshift walls, and having a TONE of members in NCT, it tends to get LOUD and ing messy. Now you can imagine Taeyong’s horror when s - specifically Seo Johnny (god stupid Johnny) - caught him texting Jennie on the phone, now imagine 2/3’s of the “foreign swaggers” suddenly yelling it out loud totally forgetting that there are other people in the damn room. And the rest is history. And from then on, the rumour spread like wildfire amongst idol groups, some of them exaggerating it too much which lead to Lee Taeyong being described as being “lovesick” and going “crazy” over Kim Jennie.

Ah and yes, BLACKPINK’s team - their managers, staffs and stylists - know all about this ordeal. Not the Irene thing, just the rumour that Lee Taeyong has a thing with her. Because as much as idols spread rumours among themselves, so do the people that work with and for them. And that’s why it wasn’t a surprise to them when Song Mino himself lamely “whispered” that name out loud, because all of them know. And Lisa and Chaeyoung’s constant teasing a few months back didn’t pass by their ears, they heard all that and from then on, they’d tease Jennie about it too.

Ok now that we got that out of the way, let’s move on to Miss Kim Jisoo’s revelation, an Oh Sehun and a Bae Irene ship? Yes girlies, you heard it here first.

Now once again this all started because of a rumour - surprise, surprise. It’s not only fans that assume things between idols, idols themselves assume things over other idols. You may find this shocking, but really it’s part of being human. We ALL love to be delusional at times, and famous people aren’t exempted from that , no way will God allow that to happen cause EQUALITY people! Anyways. Yes, Irene and Sehun, Sehun and Irene. It has become one of the many infamous rumours going around amongst idols which started with that one photoshoot that the two did.

 

Supposedly it was “love at first sight” and that after that, the two couldn’t get “enough of each other.” They’re all bull. Trust me. Because all of these groundless and rumoured “facts” came from a staff that worked with the shoot that day, a staff that needed more money apparently that she was willing to make up a story to get it. It’s the game of the industry, there are more lies than there are truths.

How did they found out that it was staff who started this you asked? Because it’s SM and SM knows everything, and that’s also the reason why all this was buried even before it got out to the public. You pay more, they don’t say .

And lastly, yes, that’s the reason why she - Kim Jisoo - have been ignoring Bae Irene this whole time; because she felt guilty, because she ed up. But now, since everybody just decided to yell all of this out in the middle of a concert, Kim Jisoo does not have to worry about losing a friend over that she had with that said friend’s “boyfriend” or “some.” Now she can lift that off of her shoulders and she can live with a little less of a burden.

“Why did you bring up Sehun anyways?” Mino asked, that little suddenly giving Jisoo a teasing look. He may be annoying and an idiot to Jisoo, but he’s also a challenge, because he’s loud, can’t shut his mouth and he can see through her. “I mean, if you want to know we could go ask him since he’s hanging out in the hallways right now.”

 

Lisa - her dramatic self coming to life once again - gasped loudly, her eyes widening the way Mino’s did a while ago. “Is he really?!” And then, as if forgetting that only the four of them know about Kim Jisoo’s night with Sehun, she abruptly turned to the said girl with a smirk on her face. “Come on Jisoo, let’s go!” She excitedly clapped, waving Jisoo to her who glared in return.

 

Jisoo - oh god the poor girl - felt like she was about to cry at how obvious Lisa is being (LMFAO). “Lisa.” And just by a simple call of her name and the tone which Kim Jisoo used - a deadly one might I add - the youngest member quickly got her together, actually shook at the way Jisoo said her name.

 

Mino nodded, oblivious at his labelmate’s internal battle with herself and her menacing glare towards Lalisa Manoban. “Yeah,” He said, “everybody’s acting weird today, have you guys noticed?” He asked, turning to Jisoo once again who is still looking like she’s about to kill. “Especially you dude, you good?”

But even before Kim Jisoo herself could retaliate and even before her members could rescue her, another intruder came crashing in through their waiting room door, scaring everybody inside ‘cause all of them suddenly got quiet with Mino’s sudden question which they all looked at Jisoo for an answer. So that quietness followed by a loud bang of the door being opened left all of them screaming for a second, cause that was loud.

“Woah, chill people, just came here to say that the girl’s have to be up in five, so we gotta get going,” A YG staff explained himself, seeing everybody’s scared expressions looking at him, “Mino?!” He then exclaimed, pointing at Mino who has calmed down like the rest from their near heart attack. “You’re members have been looking for you! You guys also gotta go!”

Hearing that, all of them stood up straight away, pushing by each other to get to the door first, not wanting to hear anymore questions from Mino and the staffs in there, they are not about to get thrown under the damn bus today girlies, so they bounced. Pushing Mino away who too was about to run out, suddenly confused as to why the four girls are currently ninja-ing their way out, but who cares? So he followed their move, getting pushed away in the process.

“Hey respect people! I’m a senior!” Mino yelled from the back, almost tripping on nothing but air as he closely followed, all of them finally making it out of the waiting room.

“But like, do we care?” Jennie snapped at him, fixing her hair and giving Mino a pointed look that literally says ‘I-don’t-give-a-.’

 

While this banter was going on, Kim Jisoo’s paranoid self quickly scanned the hallways, making sure that Oh Sehun - who is supposedly hanging out in the hallways - isn’t hanging out around theirs; because he shouldn’t be. Why? Because their waiting room is near the stage which is a couple hallways away from theirs. So after making sure that the cost was clear, the poor girl heaved a deep sigh, but her guard never falling down in case some happens.

“YAH SONG MINO!!!”

Urgg oh my god, how many times will people yell in this damn story?

Chaeyoung groaned at this, obviously done as I am. “Oh god, here comes the fully-loaded mess that is the rest of them.”

And as Park Chaeyoung said that, the rest of WINNER came running down the hall. I don’t know why they be running, like their dressing room is literally only three doors away, but go off kings, lez get it. Anyways, right behind them were a bunch of loud monkeys too, seven of them. Y’all should know who it is. If you guess another seven-member group either than iKON, then you’re wrong.

“We’ve been looking for you, you idiot!” Seunghoon yelled, giving the latter a light slap on the arm after reaching him. “And I dare find out that you’ve been hanging out in BLACKPINK’s dressing room by our manager?! What kind of disrespect!”

“It’s really not that deep,” Lisa said, shaking her head at Seunghoon’s exaggerated-ness (is that a word? it, whatever). “He literally just came in to bother and annoy us, so it wasn’t anything special.”

Jisoo nodded at this, “Yeah and if the rest of you were to be in there, we would have left by ourselves.”

“I would have said that I am hurt but I’m really not, you guys aren’t special too anyways. Not even near.” Ohh yaasss sassy Jinwoo let’s go sister, I like it. “My visual alone is more special than the four of yours combined, so let’s move on shall we?”

Well , I guess so king. Let’s move on since Mister Kim Jinwoo himself dropped the most truthful statement that we’ll ever get out of this story.

So anyways, here they are walking through the corridors, on their way to the artist area right beside the stage where they can watch other group’s performances. You guys should know how that looks like, you should know what I’m talking about. So getting that out of the way, their walk there was a mess, as you could have imagined. A lot of bickerings and bullying happened ok, and a ton of insults being said left and right and loud hyena laughs that can probably be heard in the audience if someone were to be MCing or singing a ballad song. But good thing no one was and that the song has enough base and is loud enough to fill the whole entire place.

While we’re at it, let me just tell you that Kim Jisoo is currently acting like she’s on something, constantly looking left, right and behind her to make sure that she wouldn’t bump into Oh Sehun. But the fact that it’s there are more than a dozen groups and people currently participating in this concert, it’s making it hard for Kim Jisoo to look around properly. So at this very moment, you can imagine that her heart is currently hammering inside her chest, that sweat is currently forming on her back and forehead, and that those butterflies are back in her stomach.

Now also, imagine this, all of those multiplying at once as the moment she dreaded the most from happening is currently unfolding before her own very eyes. Because as they turned a corner he is standing there, a few feet sway, with his other members. And she never felt so much shookness in her life and she swears that she just felt her heart completely stop, no not for a second, but for the whole time they walked closer and closer to where they - he - stood.

 

‘Oh no.’ Those were the only words Kim Jisoo’s brain could utter after turning that corner and coming face to face with Oh Sehun.

“First of all you near-balded , how many times will I tell you that we’re not talking to each other that way, second dip, I am a hair away - not that you know what that means because you barely have any - from beating your if you don’t shut up anytime soon.”

Oh my god.

Well, that was Kim Jennie doing her own thing ladies and gents, about to jump Mino for a second time because the idiot won’t shut up. And of course, they just HAVE to have this conversation in the middle of a hallway with other people around. Yes, YG people always so cautious - that was sarcasm by the way if you didn't notice.

“Aayyy!!!” Jung Chanwoo protested in the back, waving his arm in the air. “Don’t talk about his hair, you know how that’s a sensitive topic!”

“Yeah Jennie!” Seungyoon spoke up, hugging a “sobbing” Mino as he glared at Kim Jennie, the said latter not giving a , “How dare you?!”

 

Jennie then gave the idiot’s a “are-y’all-serious” look before shaking her head. “That’s the damn point idiots.”

Jennie rolled her eyes, finally facing the front to continue walking, but as she did, she found her own feet slowing down, seeing the very same people that they’ve been trying to avoid this whole entire night, seeing that person. But Jennie being the Kim Jennie, she quickly bowed their way, the others beside her following, ‘cause you know, it’s the industry. And no matter how acquainted you are, the level of respect that are imposed to you from the very beginning matters more. Because if you just throw that out the window, it’s basically over for you and yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter