8. The Art of Exposing

The Art of Avoiding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE*** i'm not even going to come up with a excuse as to why I haven't updated this in a month. i just want to say that enjoy this chapter because this is one of my favourite's now. I hope y'all like the different POV since some of y'all did ask for someone else's either than Jisoo and Sehun. so hope y'all have fun reading and I hope this chapter answers some confusion from the previous chapter.

Song Mino did what he had to do. That’s it. That’s his explanation. That’s his reason, that’s all he needs to say to validate what he did and is yet to do. His role is to get the damn wheels rolling, not let it get stuck and collect ing dust since no one else wants to take care of it. So he did what he had to do. And what he did is turn them ing wheels and continuously wipe the out of it. And he’s proud, more than proud actually. At this point the word ‘humble’ is going to be thrown out the window and forgotten for the rest of his life.

For him, work is important. Work is something that should be molded into near perfection. However, he believes that although work can bring one happiness, it’s not the case for everybody else. So for him, work and love go hand in hand. For him, in order to find happiness and joy in work, inspiration brought by love is one of that piece in a jigsaw puzzle that can complete it all. And although it may not be the piece that’s more important than the rest, it’s a piece that one needs in life.

So you may be asking, ‘what’s the point of this damn spiel?’ Good question. The point is, Song Mino is just finding reasons and explanations as to why he shouldn’t get his beat in the near future by Kim Jisoo. Literally, all of that in the beginning is Song Mino’s brain making up to say to Kim Jisoo and possibly Oh Sehun who might just murder him in his sleep. So please bare with him, the idiot’s scared for his life but it’s really his fault in the first place. Like telling Kim Jisoo that it’s Jung Jaehyun who texted her just so she could unblock Oh Sehun’s sorry is going to go down in ing history. It might just be the dumbest - or in this case the smartest (in Song Mino’s world) - thing he has ever done in his lifetime.

What else could he have done so that Kim Jisoo would unblock Oh Sehun? Uhh ing nothing. He ain’t about to risk his life by stealing her phone, that. He doesn’t even know how he’d get in it, and asking the other three BLACKPINK members to get Kim Jisoo’s password is like outing himself out to the ing police for murdering someone. So in other words, NO.ING.THANKS.

“Your is either going to get murdered or tortured,” Kang Seungyoon told Mino, sitting on their studio couch while Mino nervously stared at his phone. “You could have just said to unblock the number, not lie about how it’s from Jaehyun.”

“I had no choice!” Mino exclaimed, finally tearing his eyes away from his phone which he had been staring at for a good five minutes. “Jisoo would DEFINITELY not unblock him, she’d probably change her number too if I said it was Sehun!”

“No she wouldn’t,” Kim Jinwoo joined, putting his own phone down. “She’d fly her out of the goddamn country.” He corrected Mino, his face showing no signs of emotions at all.

Mino heaved out an exasperated sigh, one of his hands running through the ten pieces on hair left on his head (that was a joke). “Exactly!!” He pointed at Jinwoo, agreeing with the oldest member. “She’d fly out and probably even change her name!” He added, his plopping down on the couch in their private studio, tired and beat for today. “I’m doing her a favour ok? Who knows, the two might just end up getting married in the future and have ing gods and goddesses as their sons and daughters.”

“Dude, Sehun can’t even give out a proper text message without getting his blocked and you’re really out here planning their married life already?” Lee Seunghoon shook his head, not at all amused at Song Mino’s job as being the so-called cupid.

“First of all,” Mino started, sitting upright in the couch to defend his friend and his own . “Baekhyun sent that text message, not Sehun.” He pointed out while Seunghoon just shrugged at this. “Second, I’m just trying to find hope in this situation, and third, I might as well be a full time cupid since I’m so good at it and I don’t care what anybody else says about my goddamn skills ok?!”

Seunghoon gave the latter a ‘look’, a look that literally says ‘I’m-judging-you-hard-right-now’. “He might just be using Baekhyun as an excuse for his up.” He gave out yet another side of the story, obviously not rooting for Oh Sehun’s at this point since the guy is so slow.

“Uhhh no,” Mino held up a finger, quickly getting his phone to get some evidence and set the ing facts STRAIGHT. “Junmyeon just texted me code red and is currently saying every swear words there is in this world because, as his own text reads, ‘Sehun is in a state of ing complete meltdown because of the Baekhyun - my god that dip - who sent a text to Kim ing Jisoo.’” He quoted, reading Junmyeon’s text from a while ago. “So the idiot isn’t making excuses, he’s just being a complete .”

“Wow,” Jinwoo clapped, “that sounds so much better.” He said, one hundred percent being sarcastic and over with this . “Why can’t he just get a ing new phone or borrow one of s’ phone instead of crying blood at the fact that Jisoo blocked him?”

“Well at this point the guy is too ed up to think straight,” Seungyoon said. “I mean come on, Jisoo is a ing goddess and the fact that he just got blocked by a ing goddess is probably a big bullseye for his ego.”

“No ing idiot!” Mino slapped the latter over the head, “he’s just into her and is yet to find his ing courage before talking to her!”

“But two weeks and two days?” Seunghoon interjected, now spinning his chair around. “He’s literally more slow than a turtle. At this point, Jisoo might just actually go with that Jaehyun guy or anyone her type.”

Mino, now triggered at his own members’ unfaithfulness towards the Sehun x Jisoo ship, threw a balled up paper at Seunghoon. “Two weeks and two days ago your was all giddy after seeing them together and now you’re rooting for someone else other than Sehun?!”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Seunghoon quickly said, a hand going in the air. “It was cute two weeks and two days ago when I thought that they got each other’s number during their balcony rendezvous, but two weeks and two days later, my finds out that he just asked for her number at the concert and two days after that said concert, he got his blocked.” Here we have Lee Seunghoon basically summing up the story up to this point. “So do you really expect me to stay in his goddamn lane when he’s out here doing everything EXCEPT stepping up his ing game? I THINK THE NOT!”

Jinwoo nodded at this, completely agreeing with Seunghoon’s kingly words. “He's got a point, a VERY good point.” He said, ignoring Mino’s burning gaze that is now directed his way. “Why are you even doing everything in your power to help Oh Sehun out?” He asked, genuinely curious.

Because at this point, they really don’t understand why Song Mino is playing cupid for Sehun and Jisoo. I mean, it’s cute and all, but like, WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT? Obviously the guy wouldn’t get anything in return. Well. Maybe a beating from Kim Jisoo, but that’s really it. However, he’s really out here helping Sehun out and doing his best so that the idiot could have a chance. And there’s really no valid reasons why.

“Can’t a friend just help out?!” Mino snapped, done with s’ Q&A that he really doesn’t have time for. “Like come on, we’re all humans too! The only difference we have with everybody else is that the fact that our lives is basically open for the public to scrutinize, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pursue love!” He exclaimed, his now standing up from the couch with both his hands on his hips, his face scrunched up. “If we can pursue our dreams and our goals, then why the hell can we not pursue something that we need and require like love?” He dramatically sighed, not noticing the fact that s are now all on their respective phones and not at all paying attention to him at this point. “Like come on! It’s a necessity! It’s literally what we LIVE for! Why do y’all think the only difference between LIVE and LOVE is the damn second letter?!!! Uhhh because in order to LIVE we need LOVE?!” The idiot cried out, “GOD I’M A ING GENIUS!!”

Wow. Ok, this guy have lost it.

Finally noticing that s are focusing on something else other than him, Mino gave yet another exasperated sigh at the disrespect. “Are you guys even listening to me?!”

“You lost me at ‘friend’,” Jinwoo said, his eyes not leaving his phone this time. “In other words, I really don’t give a .” He joked, hiding a laugh when Mino yet again cried out. Like Kim Jinwoo’s job is to be the angel of the group, but also act like he doesn’t care just to piss off s. And doing it to Song Mino the most is what adds ten years to his life span. “I’m joking,” he said, shutting Mino up. “You lost me at the ‘we’re all humans’ part.” He teased, not getting tired of seeing Mino’s expression change. “I’m joking idiot. Anyways, your whole spiel still doesn’t explain why you’re helping Sehun and putting your life on the line because we all know Jisoo’s literally going to kill you.”

“OH COME ON!” Mino is frustrated at this point. Like boy is about to pull out the lasting pieces of hair he has due to s. “You guys would be lying straight to my face if you didn’t notice how Sehun looked at her that night!” He pointed a finger at all three of s. “And how Jisoo literally turns into stone whenever he’s in close proximity! And the fact that in their dressing room she literally went ‘aren’t Sehun and Irene a thing’?”

“She WHAT?!!” Now this new information managed to pull Seunghoon back in. “She said that?! What did you say?”

“I said that there’s nothing going on between them and then Jennie suddenly decided to spill the fact that - apparently - Taeyong is pursuing Irene, not her.” Mino revealed, all three of s now sitting close to him as if they were back in kindergarten where the teacher is reading out stories. “And now Junmyeon texted me something about a Jennie times Taeyong times Jongin news. You see what I’m dealing with?” He said, dramatically plopping himself back on the couch as if he just finished an important meeting of his life. “And you ers really have the audacity to ask me WHY I’m helping out when all of this mess is literally in front of me to clean?”

“Well, the Jennie and Jongin one isn’t really a surprise.” Seunghoon blurted out nonchalantly, like boy might as well be blowing on his nails at how unbothered he looked.

Seungyoon then was the first one to speak, beating Mino to the punch. “What do you mean?” He asked, his sliding forward on the couch, leaning closer to Seunghoon. “What’s something you know that we don’t know about?”

“You remember when I told you guys I saw Jisoo and Sehun hanging out in the balcony and talking?” s nodded in response with so much enthusiasm Seunghoon has ever seen. “Yeah well, after that I went up to the rooftop to get some nice pictures for my IG account, but then I saw Jennie and Jongin there too.” He revealed while a series of gasps now resonated throughout the studio. “Yeah, I couldn’t hear what they were saying but it looked like they were having a serious conversation.” He continued, hesitating a little but this didn’t go unnoticed by s.

Mino’s eyes turned to slit, not in an angry way, but in that way where he’s thinking too hard and trying to judge Seunghoon to see what he’s hiding. “You’re not telling all of it.” He said, seeing right through Seunghoon.

Seunghoon, for the first time ever since his mom gave birth to him, actually looked reluctant to say anything further. Like the guy have always been blunt, straight to the point, with no strings attached. He says what he needs to say without filtering himself, he says it even though he’ll probably get hate, even though he’ll have his beat by Yang Hyunsuk himself. But that never stops him from saying his mind, from letting people know what’s up, what he feels. However, when it concerns someone else, Lee Seunghoon always finds himself hesitating. Because it’s not his story to tell.

“I don’t think I should say anything,” he shrugged, going back to spinning his chair and avoiding s’ glare. “I walked in on something I shouldn’t have.” He continued, further making s more curious about what he had seen - or heard. “I mean, the Jisoo and Sehun thing was also something I shouldn’t have seen, but that’s a way different story because it radiated ‘young love’ and ‘curiosity’.”

“So the Jongin and Jennie situation isn’t good?” Jinwoo asked.

Damn right it isn’t! Lee Seunghoon should know because - like he said - he walked in on something he shouldn’t have. I mean, he didn’t know, and if he knew they were there, Seunghoon would have never walked into the rooftop in the first place. But since he had no clue and he needed his IG pics, boy excitedly skipped to the rooftop but found himself staring at Kim Jongin and Kim Jennie having a very intense conversation. He would have quickly bounced after that, but something made him stay.

Kim Jennie’s tears.

“Aayyy, aayyyy, aaayyyy!!!” Mino enthusiastically danced his way to s, completely and utterly enjoying this after party more than the rest of s who looked like they wanted to be anywhere else but here. “Come on party poopers! Loosen up a bit!” He urged, playfully hitting s with his shoulder that shimmied along with the music.

And since y’all are curious about what may have went down that night, let’s go back two weeks and two days from the present time and have a look at a third person's POV of what had happened.

Kang Seungyoon groaned, lightly pushing Mino away from his who’s obviously partying it up without care. “Can’t we go home?”

“Right?” Kim Jinwoo nodded, “their drinks here are so mediocre. A big company who gives out awards should really step their after party game up.” He pointed, pushing away the drink that was handed to him earlier. “Like what the is this ? It tastes like vomit after a night full of regrets.” He then rolled his eyes, not even bothering to look at the set of drinks being carried around.

“That’s just because you’re used to your three thousand dollars worth of wine that you splurge on any chance you get,” Mino pointed out, ignoring the glare Kim Jinwoo is currently giving him. “Not everyone have such complex taste buds as you do buddy.” He said, poking the older one on the chest.

“You mean, not everyone has the money I do?” Jinwoo corrected, a brow raised and a pointed look plastered on his face.

“Wow what an insult to nearly more than half of the world's population,” Seunghoon suddenly appeared next to Seungyoon who jumped at his sudden appearance. “If only our fans know just how rude you are then maybe they’d stop swerving in your goddamn lane and stay on mine.”

“You do realize that they’d still swerve right?” Seungyoon added, “if they knew he’s THIS savage, they’d swerve and never go back in any of our lanes.” He corrected. “Anyways, nice of you to join us again.”

Seunghoon rolled his eyes at this. “Hey, it’s not my fault I’m a GREAT party entertainer,” he said with so much smugness that Seungyoon almost - ALMOST - felt himself wanting to punch the older one on the face. “Anyways, I’m beat, let’s get out of here after I get a nice instagram picture.” He clapped, taking his phone out and was about to bolt but the dramatic Song Mino that is in his life suddenly gasped so loud Seunghoon heard him through the goddamn music.

Mino violently shook his head, now holding to a glass of whatever the it is. “Uhh no! We just got here!” He whined, downing down the said drink but quickly choking on it as his head suddenly jerked forward as someone lightly hit him on the back. “What the ?!” He cursed after calming down from his choking fest.

“Sorry, your head was just inviting me to hit it.” Jennie said, appearing next to him with a smirk plastered on her face while Lisa and Chaeyoung cackled behind her. “Anyways, have you guys seen Jisoo anywhere?” She asked, looking around to make sure she hadn’t missed her in the crowd.

“Obviously not,” Mino snapped, wiping the side of his mouth as he side-eyed Jennie. “Maybe she left ‘because she had enough of you assaulting me.”

Jennie raised a brow at him. “, we both know she’d be the first one laughing if she ever saw you get beat up.” She said so nonchalantly that Mino actually felt a little hurt. “I’m just saying,” she threw her hands up in defense as she saw how the idiot pouted. “Anyways, if you idiots see her around, please give me a call, or any of the three of us,” she gestured to the youngest two. “We kind of want to get out of here already.”

“Urg, mood.” Jinwoo mumbled, groaning at the end.

“Hey, we are not leaving!” Mino suddenly said, pointing at Jinwoo after hearing his muttered plea.

 

“You can stay if you want,” Jinwoo pointedly looked at the idiot. “But you can’t make me sit here all night surrounded by mediocre drinks that tastes like it was bought from a dollar store.” Mister Kim Jinwoo - with no filter whatsoever - said with such boredom in his voice that the whole South Korea felt it.

 

Jennie snickered beside Mino, grabbing her phone from her pocket as she felt it go off. “He has a point, and this party is so I agree.”

 

Mino, who was about to go off, snapped his head at Jennie’s direction but immediately zipped his mouth as he saw how the latter’s mood suddenly changed as she looked at whatever’s on her phone. “Well… to you.” The idiot was left to lamely utter it to himself, afraid that he’ll get his whooped if he were to say it to her face.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung whispered into her ear, ignoring the four WINNER members who now awkwardly stood to the side, noticing Jennie’s mood. “Did Jisoo text?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter