Homework (Michaeng)

A Day at Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung puffed out her cheeks and slammed her pencil onto the table with a loud bang.

 

"Chaeyoungie, what's wrong?" Mina asked as she waddled over to her friend. She peered over Chaeyoung's shoulder and looked at the addition and subtraction problems on the worksheet.

 

"Why do I have to do this? It's not like I'll need to do this when I have my mommy and daddy." Chaeyoung huffed, her arms now crossed petuantly over her chest.

 

Mina shook her head, "Aniyo, it's important to learn how to do this. Here let me help you." Mina said as she dragged a chair over and plopped down on it to sit next to Chaeyoung. She grabbed the pencil from the table and pointed at one of the problems. "See, 1 + 1 equals two." She said as she held up on finger on one hand, and another finger on her other hand.

 

Chaeyoung looked at her unimpressed before jumping out of her seat and running over to the giant row boat next to the play house. "Minari let's play pirates!" Chaeyoung called out gleefully, having somehow found a pirate hat, an eye patch, and a toy sword. Chaeyoung swung her sword around and made sound effects with , "Wooshhhhh, Wooooooossssshhhh"

 

Mina laughed but shook her head once again, "Ani, finish your homework first and then we can play." Mina stated firmly, the hood of her penguin onesie falling off of her head due to her laughter.

 

Chaeyoung pouted but complied. She walked over to Mina dejectedly, her shoulders sagging, her head hanging low and her pirate sword dangling at her side. Mina frowned at the sight of her distressed friend, and without thinking, she leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Chaeyoung's cheek.

 

Chaeyoung immediately looked up, her eyes open in shock, and her hand landing on her cheek to gently cup the area where Mina had kissed her. "What was that for?" she asked, a giant smile forming on her face. Mina smiled at the sight of her friends toothless smile (Chaeyoung had recently lost her two front teeth so there was a gap where they should have been).

 

"My mommy, always kisses my mama whenever she's sad and it makes her happy." Mina explained with a shrug. "Chaengie was sad so I kissed her. Now let's do math." Mina gave Chaeyoung her gummy smile and tugged her into the seat next to her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter