Naptime

A Day at Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica smiled, it was her favorite time of the day - nap time. The nine kids were a hyper bunch, but during nap time they were at their quietest and most calm.

 

Jessica walked over to the mini kitchen attatched to the classroom and began to prepare the girls' snack for when they wake up. She hummed a tune under her breath and pulled the door to close it behind her. That was her first mistake.

 

While humming to herself, Jessica hadn't realized that the door hadn't actually properly closed. The door was slightly ajar. Jessica had assumed that the door had shut and she hadn't heard the normal click that followed because she had been humming.

 

Jessica stood on her tippy toes and opened the cabinet that contained the packaged chocolate chip cookies. She set them down on the counter and continued to hum her song as she walked over to the fridge to grab milk to go along with the cookies.

 

Jessica opened the milk carton and poured nine glasses of milk before peeling back the seal on the cookies. That was her second mistake.

 

From out in the classroom, a tiny mound of blankets began to stir. "Jokbal... pizza... ice cream... COOKIES."

 

A pink blanket flew off of a tiny human as Momo quickly sat up from her sleeping position on the floor. Momo turned her head side to side like a blood hound scenting it's pray, her eyes were wide open and a thin line of drool leaked from , whether from sleep or the newly scented chocolate chip cookies, remains a mystery.

 

Momo quickly scrambled to her feet and was about to rush towards the kitchen when she suddenly felt a shiver run down her body. Turning slowly, Momo felt the fear of God strike her when she was met by none other than... well god Jihyo.

 

Momo gulped and smiled nervously when she saw Jihyo's crossed arms.

 

"Momo, we're suppose to be sleeping," Jihyo said as she grabbed Momo's hand and tugged her to lay back down on her mat on the floor.

 

Momo pouted and resisted Jihyo's tugging, "But I smell food," She said as she began to engage in a tug o war with Jihyo.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica pulled out her phone from her pocket and noticed that she still had twenty minutes until the first of the kids would begin to wake up. Debating internally, Jessica finally decided to play some music on her phone in order to fill the silence that was unusual to the day care.

 

That was her third mistake.

 

Back in the main classroom, Jihyo and Momo's mini tug o war had managed to wake up Chaeyoung who some how managed to get her hands on a set of magic markers that were usually used for their art projects.

 

While Momo and Jihyo continued their game of tug o war that had seemed to lose it's original purpose and had now become a game of who was stronger, there was a lot of squealing and laughing involved, Chaeyoung had grown bored of drawing on the pieces of paper that were provided for coloring and drawing.

 

Chaeyoung looked around the room and smiled mischieviously when her eyes landed on her "hyung" who was quietly snoring in a corner next to Nayeon who was sleep singing BTS's fire.

 

Being careful to not wake up Mina who was next to her and cuddling with a tiger cub plushie, Chaeyoung crawled over Sana and accidentally kicked Dahyun in the face, the biggest reaction she got was a small groan and a light swat at her foot before dubu went back to sleep, before she stopped next to a still sleeping Jeongyeon.

 

Chaeyoung uncapped her black marker and got to work.

 

Still unknown to the chaos that was beginning  to take place outside, Jessica continued to prepare the snack for the children and was feeling quite pleased with herself. After the grilled cheese incident, Jessica had been banned from the kitchen, but since Yoona had left on an errand, nobody was around to stop her. Besides, a little rule breaking never hurt anybody anyways.

 

Now, if Jessica hadn't decided to sing along with the singer at that exact moment, she may have heard Momo and Jihyo's crash, Jeongyeon's yell, Chaeyoung's yelp, Nayeon's angry exclamation, Sana's triumph, Tzuyu's embarassment, Dahyun's cheering and Mina's... well even if she hadn't been singing she probably wouldn't have been able to hear Mina but that's beside the point.

 

Anyways, singing along with the singer was her fourth mistake.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter