Birthday Girl

A Day at Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was a good day. No, scratch that, today was an absolutely, wonderfully, fantasticlly, extravagant day. Today was Im Nayeon's birtday and she was absolutely thrilled.

 

Nayeon entered the classroom with a large smile, expecting at least one person to wish her a happy birthday as soon as she entered the room. Maybe her class mates would even have a cake or mini cupcakes ready for her like they had done with Tzuyu's birtday. However, when she entered the classroom, she was only met with a small wave from Jihyo who quickly disappeared into the kitchen without so much as a word.

 

Nayeon frowned before smiling brightly again. They must have planned a surprise party. Of course! There was no way that her friends and teachers had forgotten her birtday. After all, she was turning the big 6. After today, she would finally be allowed to cross the street by herself (not really by herself, but at least she didn't have to hold her mom or dad's hand when she crossed the street.)

 

With this in mind, Nayeon bound over to Momo and Dahyun who were immersed in coloring. "Hi guys, today sure is special isn't it?" Nayeon hinted as she sat herself down besides Momo and smiled hopefully at the two girls. Momo glanced up from her picture and beamed back at Nayeon, "Yeah! Today my parents are bringing me to a buffet after they pick me up!" Momo cheered, her little fist pumping in the air.

 

Nayeon frowned and shook her head, "Aren't you forgetting something?" Nayeon asked, her shoulders slumping slightly. Dahyun and Momo seemed to ponder this for a bit before Dahyun snapped her fingers, "Of course! Today is also the day that our favorite TV show runs," Dahyun said as she nodded sagely. Momo gasped, "Oh yeah, how could I forget?" Momo said before returning to her drawing of jokbal.

 

Nayeon sighed and left the table. However, as soon as she took a couple of steps away from the table, she suddenly realized that of course Momo and Dahyun wouldn't wish her a happy birthday if the class had planned a surprise party for her. Of course! After all, that would ruin the surprise.

 

With a renewed spring in her step, Nayeon skipped her way over to Sana and Tzuyu who were busy building a fort.

 

"Nayeonnie!" Sana cheered as soon as she saw Nayeon. Sana immediately pulled her into a bear hug, happy to see her friend.

 

Nayeon beamed and hugged Sana back. She was finally getting the greeting that she had been expecting ever since she walked into the day care.

 

"Come play with us," Sana said as she led Nayeon over to where Tzuyu had a star wars blanket draped over her body like a cape.

 

"Hi Nayeon unnie," Tzuyu said as she continued to drape blankets over a series of chairs that she and Sana had arranged into a rough square.

 

Nayeon picked up a blanket of her own and began to help the duo drape blankets over the chairs to form a little fort.

 

Nayeon chuckled to herself, proud that she had figured out their little surprise. 

 

"Why do I feel like today is an important day?" Nayeon hinted with a teasing smile.

 

Tzuyu and Sana shared a confused look before shrugging. "I don't think anything is happening today?" Tzuyu said nonchalantly before turning to Sana, "Unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter