Part 9

You and I (By Chance)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEULGI POV

 

Flashback


Should I just give up?
NOO! We already made it this far! 
But you messed everything up, Seul.
I do but this is my only chance to say sorry. 
I should go! If this doesn't work out, I'll respect her decision.

I said to myself as I read Sooyoung's text.

From: Bogum
Unnie is in Daegu hospital. Room 2043. Go! It's now or never! --- Sooyoung

 

I took my wallet and phone then rushed to the bus station.

 

"One ticket going to Daegu please."

"Ahjussi, sorry to bother you. Can you please drop me off at Daegu hospital? I really need to go to my girl."


"Oh, sure. Anything for love. Kids nowadays." The driver laughed.


I sat near the driver so that I can easily get off at my destination. Since it is a 4 hours drive, I tried to practice what I want to say to her. 


"Bunny-ssi, are you okay? Are you sick?"
It sounds like fake concern.


"Hey, I don't know what I did to make you feel that way but. ."
Nah, it's like I'm too insensitive about her feelings.


"Joohyun-noona, sorry. I didn't mean to. ."

I can see the driver glancing at me while smiling. 


"Hey kid, were here. Now go to your love. Goodluck!" The driver announced.


"Thanks, ajusshi!"

 

-------------


I run towards the hospital, my heart is pounding so fast. 


Room 2043. The door is slightly open so I tried to peak when suddenly a doctor and a nurse came out of the room.


"Hi I'm Doctor Jieun. Are you the patient's boyfriend?" She pointed inside. I saw Joohyun-noona in the hospital bed sleeping quietly.


"Huh? Uhm. Uhh. . Y-yes. Is she okay?" I answered.


"How should I say this. . Your girlfriend doesn't have a lot of time left. The only thing we could hope for now is a miracle. Be with her and make her last days happy." The doctor tapped my back to console me. I stared blankly at the space. 

What is happening right now? Miracle? Why didn't she say that she's sick? Is that the reason why she was out for 3 days back then? Sooyoung is right, this might be my last chance. 


I sat outside of the room for about 10mins thinking about what to do.


"Kang Seulgi, you need to go to her, say sorry and be with her. Make her happy while you still can! You can do it!" I cheered myself a little loud that startled the other patients around me.


Yosh! I was about to enter the room when my phone suddenly rings.

 

🌙: Yah! Seulgi. Where are you?? Your mom called me saying you suddenly burst out of your house screaming 'I need to go to her!'


🐻: Hyung, it's a long story. I'll call you later. I have an important thing to do. If my mom calls you again, tell her I'm in Daegu. I'm turning off my phone. 

 

Oh shoot! I can't go empty handed. I went to the shop in front of the hospital and bought a piece of red rose and a basket full of fresh fruits with my remaining money. Now I have to call my mom or someone to send me money so that I can go back to Seoul. Psshhh. Talk about impulse buying. Aish. But it's okay. This is for my love. 

 

-------------------


I opened the door and went straight to her bed not minding my surroundings. She looks very angelic while sleeping. 


I put the basket in the left side table and placed the rose in her hand and held it tightly.


"Joohyun-noona. ." Sleeping beauty moved a little.


"Hey, I brought you fruits and this pretty flower." I said. She slowly opened her eyes. 


"S-seulgi?? W-why are you here??" She exclaimed. 


"I came here to apologize and take care of you."


"Huh? Apology for what?? For leaving me behind and dating others?? You don't have to. Go away." She turned around very fast.


"Hey, careful. Don't exert too much of your strength. I told you I'll take care of you. I will make you happy until your last breath. You should've told me earlier about this so I can do something."


"Huh? What are you talking abou-?" She sat up. 


"Noona, can you please listen to me?" She looks pissed and confused the same time but then stayed silent while looking straight to my eyes.


"First of all let me apologize. Sorry for ditching you when you asked me to eat lunch with you on our first week."


"You know we're already way past that-" she said. I cut her off again.


"Noona. Please. I really need to get everything out of my chest so that we can clear things up and be happy until the end." She closed her beautiful lips and stared at me like she's waiting.


"History repeats itself and I ditched you again and left you a cheap stationery saying I won't go to our meeting place. I don't know if you can see it but I think this is what you call jealousy."


"Jealousy? For what? I don't get it. What did I do? I don't go to blind dates like what you did last week." She crossed her arms and looked away. I continued.


"I. . I saw you and Bogum-sunbae linking hands when were in Jeju-do and-"


"What?? Wheeen??" Wait. . Jeju- . . y-you were there? Why didn't you tell me? Aren't you a sophomore? Why will you be in a Junior trip?" Her neck almost snapped when she immediately turned to look back at me.


"The principal asked our club to supervise the Junior's trip."


"Club?  But why didn't I see you there?"


"Yeah, whatever club. You didn't see me because I am assigned in assisting the teachers and I still don't know that you are a junior at that time. When I saw you in my free time, I was also shocked. My mind is arguing whether to ask you to go to the fireworks display with me or not but then Bogum-sunbae came and talked to you. You look happy. I went away like a loser." She had opened for a few seconds. I continued.


"A week after that I saw you two hugging each other lovingly in the garden so I thought you two are together."


"LOVINGLY?? What the. . HAHAHA! Wait. I think you misunderstood something."


"I-"


"Shh. Now let me explain MY side about this Bogum-thingy." She glared.


"Park Bogum is number 1 on my HATE list. I don't know why are you being jealous of him. We link hands? In Jeju? Wait. I think I remembered something when you said fireworks. Hmm."


"There was this time I was thinking about someone whom I thought I left in Seoul. I was reminiscing about our time because I miss that guy when Bogum suddenly came and teased me. He pissed me off so I used his weakness. He was saying sorry and offered a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter