Part 11

You and I (By Chance)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Babe

It's been 5 years since that special day

When I asked you on our first date

I guess it's safe to say that

You & I

Are better than Sonny & Cher

Honey & Bears

And You & I

Are better than Aladdin & Jasmine

We've made it happen

Singing

 

La la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la

La la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la

 

Let me say

You look beautiful on our wedding day

 

-------

 

Irene PoV (Back to Wedding day)

 

"Sooyoung-ah, do I look okay?"

"You look stunning unnie!" She replied with her hands clapping like a seal in the circus.

"I'm so nervous right now. What if I tripped? What if I don't see him inside? What if-"

"Hey, relax. That bear is crazy in love with you that if you tripped, he will run to your side and pick you up. Don't overthink unnie. This is your big day, make it memorable." She pats my back to encourage me.

----

Never have I thought I would be marrying someone this early. I even thought I will be an old maid because after my past relationships, I started to hate guys who only want me as their trophy girlfriend. But then Seulgi came and filled my empty heart with emotions. For our second date, he asked to meet my parents. I agreed thinking he just wanted to be familiarized to them but I was wrong. He wrote both of them letters and read it out loud that my parents were shocked at the gesture. It was very heartwarming as he described our relationship in his point of view. It was also the time when we seriously talked about the suffering I felt in my previous school. My parents always thought that I am happy and never did it crossed their minds that I was suffering and bullied but because of Seulgi’s letter they realized what they have been missing out. After that meeting, my parents changed. They always make it a point to text/ call their only daughter to check if I am okay and visits me twice a month for family bonding, well with Seulgi of course.

 

---

 

"Is this true? My baby girl will now be married?" My mother cooed while she gets inside my room. Sooyoung left to give us some privacy.

"Hyunnie, you still have time to back out if you don't want to." My father said in a serious face.

 

What is this? I thought he's okay with me being married to Seul. Doesn't he like my bear? Why the sudden change if heart?

 

"I-" I was about to contradict him when he interrupted me.

"But even if you have plenty of time we won't allow you to. Hahaha! Seulgi's a great kid and I think he's the best fit for you." He added.

"Appa! I got scared for a minute! I thought you don't like us to be together! I hate you. I almost cried." I playfully smack his arm.

"I just want you to release the tension you are holding. It's a little nerve wrecking at first but when you go out there and see your other half, you'll feel like everything is in place. In short, happiness. I know both of us are bad parents before but we already changed, thanks to that young man who stepped up and shared what you've been hiding from us. I'm sorry Hyunnie. Please always remember that we are here to support you. We're only one call away." My father smirked.

"Appa, I told you to stop using Charlie Puth's song in a serious talk. Hahaha!"

"Why? Admit it, I sound cool when I do that, right hon?" He asked my mom.

"Sorry Hyunnie. For now, I need to side with your appa even though I'm annoyed with how he uses lyrics in his sentences, I also want to tell you that were always here for the both of you. We're not the same old parents that doesn't listen to their child. I know you're a little old now for this drama but we love you. We really care for you." She hugged me then my father joined.

 

"Eomma! You shouldn't say things like that on the day of my wedding! Look, I'm crying nooow. Huuu~ my make-up will be ruined. I hate that I love you both." Tears streams down my cheeks.

"We love you too Hyun."

 

"Eeeeeeeekkkk! Unnie! Why are you crying? Your make-up! Aigoo, I only left for 20 minutes. . Did Aunt Bae and Uncle Bae bullied you?" Sooyoung rushed to my side to wipe my tears leaving Sungjae beside my parents holding the bouquet of flowers that I will carry during the march.

"Yes. Hingg~" I said while pouting cutely.

"Mr. and Ms. Bae, you promised not to make her cry. Aigooo. You two are both hard-headed like your daughter." She huffed like a cute kid trying to protect her friend.

"Yah, Park Sooyoung! I'm the victim here. Why did I suddenly get involved? Haha!" I laughed at her.

"Hush now. I'll retouch your make-up. Good thing your eyeliner is waterproof. Aigoo." She replied.

Sooyoung is now a model for Sungjae's company. She finished a two-year course in cosmetics plus hair and make-up. I must say she really is a pro in everything she does that is why I asked her to dress me up for my wedding. She knows every inch of my face so well that she never fails to bring out the best in me.

 

"Done! Whew! Good thing my best friend is gorgeous that's why I just need to do some finishing touches. Everything else is beautiful. Now hold this bouquet and rest. Wait for Nayeon-unnie's signal and get ready cause in a few minutes you will be in a roller coaster ride. I love you unnie! Congrats! See you later!" She kissed my cheeks then went out with her boyfriend.

 

"This is it.

 

 

 

 

Seulgi POV

 

 

"Yah! Kang! You look great on that black coat!" Byul-hyung said.

"Yeah, you look manly now Seul." Jennie fixed my bow tie.

"Do you think YooA is ready for this? What if she suddenly decides to run away?" Yong-noona said.

"I don't think she will do that. She loves me so much." I answered while reminiscing about what happened yesterday.

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter