Part 8

You and I (By Chance)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italics - Joohyun's thoughts

 

Joohyun POV


I always felt like my life is a whole joke. My parents are always out for work - they don't even have the time to greet me on my birthday. The friends I have suddenly turned their backs on me just because of their boy 'crushes'. My classmates, ugh, they are really a pain in the always asking if I can date them. I hate having all the attention in me. I always feel like I'm being watched. I can't even pee alone without being bullied by those girls who were dumped by the guys they like who likes me. But atleast I have the best grandma in the world who takes care of me.

 

But still I don't want this kind of life. I sometimes think I just want to disappear.

 

I asked my parents if I can transfer schools. I said I think it would be better if I go to a school in Seoul for better education. They agreed fast not knowing their child is undergoing stressful situations.

They transferred me to the school where one of my closest cousin is. My mom said I will be safe if I'm with him. Which is true. He always protects me against bullies which I am very thankful for. But since we are in different class, I just meet him during break or if we have the same free time. His girlfriend is a funny one, she really loves my satoori that I am very embarrassed of. We become fast friends and I am also thankful to her for being a good listener and friend when I need someone to rely on.

-----------------


A month after I settled in, I felt like history repeats itself.  Fake friends' c/o my classmates, boys lurking around and girl's gossips. I really hate everything. That's how I ended up in the rooftop.

I walked towards the edge of the wall to scream and curse at the world when someone suddenly pulled me. I closed my eyes.


My heart pounded so fast due to adrenaline rush, I thought I'm dead. As I opened my eyes, I saw a guy who looks like the teddy bear that I always hug to sleep laying under me. I was flabbergasted. As he was about to sit I pushed him down a bit hard because I'm having mixed emotions. Anger, embarrassment and shock.


"Yah! I almost died because of you! Aish! What will you do if I fall on the other side, eo?" I shouted.


"Wait! I thought you are going to commit suicide that's why I pulled you! Is it my fault that you look like you're going to jump? Aigoo. So much for saving a life. Maybe I should just let you on your own. Aish." He said. I can see the concern on his face. I think this is the first time someone worried for my well-being.

Have anyone of you felt something like this? I mean like when you look at a person everything around him is blurry except for his face. Everything seems fake and the only real thing is him.

He walks away looking very pissed. I followed him and asked to share his mat.


"Are you crazy? After what happened awhile ago do you think I would warm up to you and share my precious mat? Go away. Be emotional somewhere." He said.

Wow! Awhile ago he's like a knight in shining armor but now. . Ugh. This is the first time someone rejected me. Tsk. In my previous school I'm the queen and everyone most especially boys obey me.

 

Now this is interesting. He doesn't even look at me greasily. I want to get to know him more.


I saw him pout.


Kyaaa! Why does he look so cute when he's mad?? Ughhh. What am I thinking?

"I'm sorry, I didn't intend to stop you and your new found 'freedom'. I'm just worried about you because again let me reiterate, one wrong move can take away your life. Now, let me use your question to you, what if you really slip and really fall? I'm. . I'm not scolding you. . I just want to say that there are other alternative ways to get closer to the sky. If you want I can accompany you. . For example, we can go to N Seoul tower. It has a great view of everything when you're on top or-" I asked what N Seoul Tower is because I haven't been there.


"You don't know that? Omo. Only country people who lives in the province doesn't know that. It is one of the hottest place in Seoul! Haven't you seen it?" The nerve of this guy to diss me! 

 

After a few arguments, he shared his mat to me.

Haha! No one can resist my beauty.

I played it cool and asked him to eat with me during lunch.


He ditched me.

Wow. That guy, aish. It's been a week now. Is he playing hard to get? Tsk. When will I ever see him again. Tsk.

I remember I didn't introduce my real name to him and just settled for codenames. Why? Because I kinda hate my name. I always became the talk of the town even though I just want to stay low profile. Sometimes I just want to go to a place where no one knows me so that i can be at peace.

"Bunny? Bear? Okay. No names, huh.".

He agreed. Cool. He's okay with it.

 
"Bunny-ssi." He called. I have goosebumps whenever he calls me that. I should get used to it.


I don't know if he really doesn't know me or he's just pretending not to but I strongly feel it's the former. He's the first one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter