Part 1

You and I (By Chance)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold - Song lyrics

Italics - Thoughts

--------------------

 

I was having my special nap when I heard everyone screaming loudly.


"Oh my gooooshhhh! There's a beautiful transfer student in the upper year!" 


"Yeah! I heard she's from Daegu!" 


"Really? Wow. A country girl. Another target. Hahahaha!" Our school playboy said.


"Seungwan-ah, what's the ruckus all about?" I asked my bestfriend beside me.


"Oh, that? They said there is a Junior transferee from Daegu. Everyone is interested because she's like a korean version of Snow white and-"


"Okay, that's all I need. I'm not that interested. Wake me up when seonsaengnim arrives, okay?" I went back to sleep and ignored the howls. 


What can I do? I'm just a second year and I highly doubt I'll meet her since she's a year older than me. Third year is in the 3rd floor so might as well sleep on my free time instead of fantasizing about someone. 


I'm Kang Seulgi, second year high school and part of the 'Whatever' club. Just like the anime Sket Dan, we accept orders, missions and tasks. I must say we never fail to do whatever is requested of us. 


I don't usually care about other people most especially when it's about gossip. I respect everyone and if there's a need to stand up or protect anyone, I will do it without hesitation. I believe that no one is authorized to bully anyone and everyone deserves a happy high school life.


Son Seungwan is my side kick. She's the most cool headed person in the world that I've ever known. They call her 'Wenresa' because like Mother Therese, she's very kind to everyone. No one can't say no to her because she helps them whenever they need it. She is one of the main reason why our club became official. Why? Because of her good conduct and even the principal and the management make use of our club. 'Whatever request, we deliver.' 

 

Now let's go back to the story.
 

 

A month later is where it all started.

 

Hi
Girl, you just caught my eye


I went to the rooftop to ditch my Math class. I was never a fan of numbers, might as well put all my efforts in P.E. rather than attend that subject.


As I opened the door, I was welcomed by a strong wind and the sight of a beautiful girl struggling to tuck the strands of her long black hair on her ear. I never knew that ditching class in this afternoon will give me the front row passes to see this beauty face-to-face.

 

Thought I should give it a try
And get your name and your number

 

I entered the rooftop and walk beside her. She looks deep in thought that she didn't even notice me. I just stood there and observe her.


She suddenly climbed and stood at the edge of the wall. One wrong move will make her fall from the 4 storey high building. I was shocked at the action and did what comes first to my mind. Save her. I pulled her a little hard that she fell over me with my hands securely hugging her petite body. She also looked flabbergasted at our situation, maybe she didn't expect that someone will be there to interfere with her plan.

 

She opened her eyes and looked straight at me. We stared at each other for a good 5 seconds then she sat on me, straddling on my lap. I tried to sit up but she pushed me. 


"Yah! I almost died because of you! Aish! What will you do if I fall on the other side, eo?" She angrily said while slapping my chest with teary eyes.


"Yaah! I thought you are going to commit suicide that's why I pulled you! Is it my fault that you look like you're going to jump? Aigoo. So much for saving a life. Maybe I should just let you on your own. Aish." I manage to get her off of me and stand up to find a place where I can place my mat to sleep on.

 

The girl followed and stood in front of me as I was putting the mat.


"Excuse me. Your foot is on the way. Can you please move? Go back and continue what you are doing awhile ago. I don't care anymore just don't bother me. Shoo." I said, very pissed with her attitude awhile ago.


"Let's share."


"Huh?" 


"Let's share your mat. I want to look up in the sky and enjoy the view in this beautiful afternoon." She said.


"Are you crazy? After what happened awhile ago do you think I would warm up to you and share my precious mat? Go away. Be emotional somewhere." 


"I'll give you my snacks if you share your mat with me. We could have a picnic here." She insists while showing her big bento box.


"How about telling me why in the world are you ditching your class just to be found here trying to walk on the edge of that wall? Do you always do it at this hour? Are you sick? Depressed or something? Crazy?" I asked.


"Hm. If I answered your question will you let me join your mat and have a picnic?" She smiled innocently.


"Aish. You're really crazy. Go away."


"I. . I just wanted to see everything in a different perspective. I have a fear of heights you know? But this time I wanted to be closer to the sky that is why I stood there. I just want to feel the freedom."


"But it's dangerous!"


"That's the fun part there. You have to risk something just to get what you want. In my case, I have to sacrifice my safety in order to get closer to the sky. I want to feel the freedom and breathe in fresh air that I haven't felt eversince I moved here. This is actually the first time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter