002

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Mi Ra stops in her tracks and stares at the guy a few steps away in front of her. Isn't he the weird tall boy from yesterday? But the boy yesterday had golden hair, not black.

No, it must have been another person. Just as Mi Ra decide to walk past him as if she did not see him, the boy turns around and catches her eyes. 

"Hey! You're the girl from yesterday!" The boy exclaims, his mouth stretched into a wide grin. What is wrong with this boy, she thought. No one is ever this happy in the morning. 

Is either that he's naturally happy or that he took an overdose of happy medicine.

Mi Ra gives him a curt nod of acknowledgement before she strides past him. A hand shoots out and hold her wrist and unlike what she did to him yesterday, Mi Ra twists his arm with little effort. The boy yelps and she releases his arm and steps back. 

"Haven't you learnt your lesson?" Her tone came out harsher than she had expected. The boy rubs his arm and pouts at her. "It hurts." He then pushes up his big, black rectangular spectacle that was sliding down. Mi Ra stares at him with a poker face. Did he just...pouted? And the spectacle... He would be caught dead wearing that in school.

"If you are thinking that you'll get an apology from me, don't." Mi Ra states and walks away from him. 

"Hey, wait for me!" The boy cries out. He jogs a few steps and fall in steps along with her. "I haven't introduced myself. I'm Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you!" 

Silence. 

"Erm... Isn't this the time where you introduce yourself to me?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Shin Mi Ra."

"Shin Mi Ra... It's a nice name." Chanyeol compliments. 

"...Thank you." She mutters as they walks along the hallway. 

 

"Hey who's that geeky guy walking beside the Ice Girl'?

"Are they together?"

"No way! The boy looked like a total nerd and this is Mi Ra we're talking about! The Ice Girl of the school!"

"The boy must have been sent here to protect her by her brother."

"But with that look of his? Why will her brother even notice him?"

 

"Mi Ra-ssi, I have a feeling that the students are talking about us." Chanyeol leans closer to her and whispered.

"Don't come so close to me."

Just as Chanyeol leans back, a baseball hits him square in the forehead. Chanyeol fall to the floor and lands on his . At the sudden impact, his spectacles was knocked down to the floor as well. The students crowding around bursts into laughter and guffaws. Mi Ra looks at Chanyeol who is rubbing his already red forehead with his palm. She redirects her vision to the front and glares at everyone expressionlessly.

"Who did that?" She demands. The students fell silent and glanced around. Standing not far away from them, a group of boys snickeres and hi-five each other. Mi Ra strides towards them. "It was you, wasn't it?" She points at the boy called Lee Taehwan who is smirking with triumph.

"So what? It's one of my greeting to new students, especially to students like him." His friends cheers and his smirk widens.

"Apologize now." M

Please log in to read the full chapter