008

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Read this chapter carefully~

 

Mi Ra wakes up with a heavy feeling in her heart. She gets up from the bed and pulls open the curtains, allowing sunlight to brighten her room. The sunlit clouds drifts across the clear blue sky, but it feels like ominous black clouds instead. She sighs and prepares herself for school with little energy.

If her usual poker face was enough to scare students off, her expression this round is dark enough to kill anyone who makes eye contact with her. Students steers away, knowing better to dodge than to get in her way. Upon reaching her seat, she slams her bag down on the table and the impact startles the students around her, especially her deskmate who literally jumped up from his resting position. In turn, Mi Ra copies his initial resting position - hands around the bag with her head lying on it.

Poor Chanyeol who is still flustered by Mi Ra's actions blinks and scratches his head. Is it just him, or does Mi Ra seem different today? On normal days the said girl would at least given him a glance and greet him, but today Chanyeol felt as if he is invisible all of a sudden. Moments later, the teacher enters into the classroom and starts her class. He contemplates whether or not to tap the girl on her shoulder, but seeing that the teacher herself doesn't make any move to scold her, he decides to let the girl be. Mi Ra must be in a bad mood, he thought. Shaking his head, he focus on the lessons, mentally noting to stay by the girl's side just in case she needs a listening ear. 

Much to Chanyeol's delight, the bell signaling for lunch rings. He leans forward, preparing to wake Mi Ra up but the girl opens her eyes at the same time and let out a small yawn. She turn and if weren't for her sense of balance, she would have fallen off the chair upon seeing Chanyeol's face right in front of hers. Chanyeol hurriedly leans back to original position and Mi Ra almost growls. "What do you think you're doing; scaring me early in the morning?"

She picks up her bag as she stands up and leaves the class with the boy following by her side. "It's nothing." A goofy smile appears on his face but soon replace with a concern expression. "Are you feeling okay, Mi Ra?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You looked different! Man, you even gave off a different aura than the usual!" He gestures, "It's like a twin of yours, but fiercer!"

"Stop being so dramatic." She replies flatly. Chanyeol's smile slips off his face and his eyes cast downwards. Mi Ra catches his expression and guilt comes creeping in. Chanyeol was just trying to cheer her up, but... 

"I'm sorry," She pauses, "I'm just-- I'm not in the mood for jokes, Chanyeol." Chanyeol opens his mouth but before he could get any words out, Mi Ra interrupts. "I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone right now, Chanyeol. Don't talk to me; I might end up hurting you with my words. I'll leave first." With that, she hastens her footsteps and leaves the boy behind.

 

 

She arrives with a bouquet of Baby's Breath in her hands. Stopping at a certain grave, she bows down in respect and places the flowers gently on the ground. Still on her knees, Mi Ra keeps quiet for a few seconds before she looks up at the grave, at her mother's smiling face.

"Mum," She swallows the lump rising in . "I came to visit you. I miss you so much, mum. Are you living well in Heaven by yourself? Are the angels taking good care of you?" As if to give her an answer, the wind blows softly and a tinge of smile appear on her face. "I'm glad you are. Dad is unable to visit you today because of work, but you do know that he is thinking of you always, right? Please keep him safe, mum."

She stops and takes in a deep breath of air. "

Please log in to read the full chapter