007

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter


 

After a long tiring day of school, all Mi Ra wanted was to go back home and into the comfort of her bed, but that so-called plan was ruined all because of one hyper, aegyo-y boy.

"Mi Ra~ Go with me, please?" Chanyeol puffs out his cheeks cutely, attempting to pull the aegyo card. Mi Ra avoids looking at him as they walk down the staircase to the ground floor. "You can go shopping yourself just fine, Chanyeol." She replies with no indication of being interesting in his mini plan. 

"But I'll feel alone. Plus, it'll be better to have a girl's suggestion in helping me with the clothes, you know." He persuades. 

"No, Chanyeol. I have assignments to complete." She wasn't lying, but that isn't the whole truth either. All she wanted to do is to of course bury herself in the comfortable duvet, but Chanyeol wasn't making it easier for her.  

"But you're my only friend..." He mutters dejectedly. Chanyeol was guilt-trapping her and she knows it. She sighs and nods in defeat. I hate him.

"Really?! You're the best, Mi Ra!" Chanyeol exclaims joyfully and makes a move to hug her but she raise her palm in front of him before he could get any closer. Chanyeol halts abruptly and blink. "No contact, Chanyeol, no." He nodded like an obedient puppy and let out a wide smile. 




"Really, Chanyeol? I thought you wanted to go shopping?" Mi Ra says as she stares blankly at the boy who is busy stuffing ice cream in his mouth. 

"I was craving for a cold treat, so I thought we might as well eat ice cream first. No one can resist ice cream!" Chanyeol beams cheerfully. "Hurry and eat, Mi Ra, your ice cream is melting." 

Slowly, Mi Ra inserts the spoonful of ice cream in and smiles in delight as the cold treat melts in . The last time she enjoyed eating ice cream was when she was with her father when they were in Jeju Island for his job. Eating ice cream once again relieved her memory and she let out a real smile, her dimple showing. Unconsciously, Chanyeol stops eating his treat as he gazes at the girl. The smile that was hidden by her mask; Chanyeol found it utterly beautiful and breath-taking, and he somehow felt special that he is able to see this side of her. 

After finishing the treat, they head to the apparel section of the mall. Chanyeol enters a random store with Mi Ra following behind but after a round in the store, they left. "You didn't even take a second glance at the clothes, Chanyeol." Mi Ra comments. 

"Those shirts are not my style." He answers, walking into another store. This time, Chanyeol's line of sight lands on the shirts hanging on the side rack. He glance through the various designs before picking out two. He turns towards the girl and place the white button down shirt with black lining around the collar and black buttons. Seconds later he replace it with yet another white button down shirt, but with a rounded collar and white buttons.

"What do you think? Which one do you think it's nicer?" Chanyeol ask, looking down at himself as he compares the between the two shirts. "Me? Uh, I have never helped picked out shirts for boys before so I'm not sure... Well, I've picked out shirts for my father before but I doubt my father's style is your style." She replies awkwardly. Chanyeol chuckles mentally at her shyness and ruffles her hair. 

"Aww you're so cute!" He chortles, his right eye twitching.

"No contact, Chanyeol." She grumbles and swipes his hand away and pat her hair back into place. Chanyeol pl

Please log in to read the full chapter