009

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol walks into the classroom and does a double take when he saw Mi Ra in the classroom, looking out of the window. With careful steps, he make his way over and sat down. Hearing the sound of the chair scraping the floor beside her, Mi Ra turns and looks at him. The boy freezes, not daring to move a muscle in case of angering the girl. He blinks at her. She blinks back.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" She asks. Chanyeol cleares his throat in embarrassment and sits down on the chair. He tries to stay still but his hands can't stop fidgeting. He badly wants to talk to her, but he's afraid that he would annoy the girl. Mi Ra observes him in amusement before shaking her head. "Are you afraid of me now?"

"Huh?" He squeaks. "I'm not. I'm just, erm, being normal you know? Normal..."

"Right. I totally believed you." She snickers.

"Why do I sense sarcasm? Oh my god, Mi Ra just joked with me!" He gasps. The girl fights the strong urge to roll her eyes and instead lets out a sigh.

"You make me sound like I'm a machine who is unable to joke around." When she receives silence, Mi Ra snaps her head towards him. "What? Yah, Park Chanyeol, do you want to die?"

"I can't die yet. If I die what would happen to you? Your soulmate is gone, and you'll be sad." He pouts.

Mi Ra stares at him with an are-you-kidding-with-me expression. "I will murder you someday."

"You won't bear to kill me. I'm too precious to you."

"Right Chanyeol, keep on dreaming."

 

Mi Ra stares at the sky with her back against the ground with Chanyeol beside her. The boy sneak glances at her, trying to gauge her current mood. In between the glances, Mi Ra breaks the silence.

"I wasn't feeling well yesterday so if I hurt you with my words, I apologize." The boy makes eye contact with her and gives her an assuring smile. "I'm alright! I'm happy virus, I wouldn't be easily affected by it. Besides, I understand. Everyone has their own bad days, right?" Mi Ra nods in appreciation.

"You know... I actually have good ears to listen to people. See?" She turns to see Chanyeol flipping his elf-like ears. The girl gives a tiny smile. "Thank you, for always cheering me up."

"You're the only one who knows, but cheering you up is my secret job. Shhh, don't tell the school or I'll be in trouble!" He winks. Mi Ra makes a face upon Chanyeol's wink and shakes her head. "I know you're trying to tell me that you're a good listener, but I... I can't tell you."

"It's okay, Mi Ra. Just kno

Please log in to read the full chapter