006

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Morning, friend!" Chanyeol chirps when he sees Mi Ra walking towards the gate. She gives him a weird look as she continues walking with the boy falling in step with her.

"I'm not your friend yet, Chanyeol." Mi Ra casually replies.

"Ha! Keyword: yet. You said it yourself, Mi Ra~" Chanyeol grins. Mi Ra had to control her temptation to roll her eyes so all she did was to give him a poker face.

As they walk through the hallway, a group of boys stand in front of them, blocking their way. Mi Ra stares at them which Chanyeol had described it to be fierce whilst Chanyeol glances at them and looks down at the floor. 

"Who do we have here? The infamous Ice Girl and the nerd! What a cute pair. Not." The boy in the middle, who seems to be the leader of the gang, snickers. 

"Who are you again? No, don't answer that; I have no interest in finding out. Move so Chanyeol and I can get to class." She states. As she steps forward, the boy steps towards her, causing her to halt.

"Aww Mi Ra baby, have you forgotten me already?" He inserts his hands in his pockets, sporting a smirk on his face.

"I feel no obligation to remember people with zero significance to me. Don't make me repeat myself." She retorts, glaring at him. 

"No significance? Are you saying that to the person who gave this nerd beside you a baseball greeting not significant enough?" He scoffs.  "Fine. I shall make it more significant today so you will not pretend to forget me." He nods and two of his friends step forward and grab Mi Ra's arms to trap her against the wall. 

"Yah, let go of me right now." Mi Ra demands. She struggles but that action causes the two boys to tighten their grip. 

"Mi Ra!" Chanyeol move forward but the leader land a punch in his tomach with full force. Chanyeol tumbles to the ground from the impact and coughs heavily. He pushes up his spectacle and attempt to get back on his feet but a kick on his knee causes him to fall back on his . He winced at the throbbing pain from his abodemen and his right knee; he could already feel the bruise forming.

"Look how stupid you are, nerd. Always depending on Mi Ra baby, what a loser." 

"Watch your mouth. I'm not your baby." Mi Ra retorts in digust.

"Remember me, Mi Ra, remember my name. I'm Lee Taehwan. If you act like you don't know me again, you won't like what I'll do to this nerd next time. Let's go." He gives a final smirk and strides off with his friends. The students scatters after the show and soon they are the only ones left in the hallway. 

Forgetting this pain momentarily, his line of sight lands on the girl's wrist. "Your wrists are red, Mi Ra."

"It's nothing. Come on, let's get you to the nurse." Mi Ra helps him up but he stops her before she could pull him towards the direction of the nurse room. 

"I'm fine. Let's get to class or we'll be late." 

"No, you're not. Come on." Mi Ra insists but Chanyeol holds only her arm and shakes his head. "Mi Ra, I'm really fine. I'm strong, that guy's punch doesn't hurt me, really." That is a total lie but Chanyeol figures that a little white lie wouldn't hurt. Chanyeol gives her an assuring nod and even pat his stomach for the extra effect. Mi Ra scans him from head to toe before she gives up and nods. 

 

 

The duo takes their seat right before a teacher enters into the classroom. Upon reaching the teacher's table, he takes the wooden ruler on the side of the table and hit it against the table thrice. "Go back to your seats now." 

After the students have settles down, the male teacher clears his throat. "Your homeroom teacher, Mrs. Jo, is not here today so I'll be the relief teacher. I'm Mr. Kim. Good morning class." 

"Good morning." The students greets lifelessly. The teacher shakes his head at the lack of effort before he narrows his eyes. "Why are some you not wearing the school tie? I give you all 5 minutes to wear it before I punish you." Groaning fills the room, but nonetheless, they takes out their tie and put in on unwillingly. They didn't want to defy him because they have heard from students in other class that his punishment is harsh even if you're a first offender.

Chanyeol s his bag and his eyes widen. He rummages in the bag for a few seconds and gasps. "I've forgotten to bring my tie! What should I do now?" Chanyeol thinks for a while before raising his hand. Mi Ra pulls his arm down in alarm before it catches Mr. Kim's attention. "What are you doing?" 

Chanyeol looks at her with confusion. "Tell Mr. Kim that I've forgotten to bring my tie?" 

"No. Take mine." She states as she hands him a familiar navy blue with white strips cloth. 

"What about you? You have an extra one?" 

"Just take it." Mi Ra hisses softly so as to not catch the teacher's attention. Chanyeol blinks at her sudden hostility and quickly takes the tie and loop it around his neck before pushing the knot up. 

"Time's up!" Mr Kim glances around the room and his line of sight stops at this girl sitting

Please log in to read the full chapter