004

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Mi Ra sits in the classroom with Chanyeol beside her as they listens to their Mathematics teacher rambles on about equations. She swirls her pen around her fingers as she observes the students down below at the soccer field. One boy scored a goal and his teammates came running to him and toss him up in the air as if he just scored the winning ball. Maybe he did, she thought. The boy peeks at her hand movement and is amaze by the way she twirls her pen. He picks up a similar pen to hers and tries to mimic her actions. However, the pen keeps slipping off from his fingers, creating noise every second. 

"Chanyeol-ssi, would you mind solving this equation for the class since you're smart enough to not listen?" The teacher asks rhetorically and raises his eyebrows, waiting for his victim.

Chanyeol glance at Mi Ra before placing his pen down on the table and walk towards the whiteboard. He pushes his spectacles up and uncap the marker, proceeding to solve the equation with numerous numbers, square roots and the addition of letters. Mi Ra shifts her line of vision to the boy in front of the whiteboard and watch as he does a few workings on the side before writing down the answer. Chanyeol grins, satisfied with himself. He give the teacher a small bow before returning to his seat. 

 

The teacher hurriedly flips his notes that he prepared for the class and he gaps when he realise the answer Chanyeol gave is exactly the same as per to the answer on his notes. "Well... That is correct." The teacher mutters and he blinks, surprised.  How the heck did this student solved this? 

He clears his throat. "Chanyeol-ssi, it seems that you don't have to listen after all. But please do whatever you want silently without disturbing other students. Now for the rest of you, listen up!" 

Chanyeol leans closer to the girl beside him and whispers, "I'm awesome, right?" 

Mi Ra rolls her eyes and continues to twirl her pen, ignoring Chanyeol's self complimemt. 

 

 

Mi Ra close her locker and stares blankly at the tall giant leaning against the locker beside hers. "Where to? The rooftop?" The boy asks as he wriggles his eyebrows, causing his face to look funny. Not amused, Mi Ra rolls her eyes and strides past him. He pushes himself off the locker and catches up to her and walks beside her.

"Don't roll your eyes like that. My mum said you'll become cross-eye if you keep doing it." 

"Really? What else did your mum say?" Mi Ra couldn't help but ask. 

"Hmm let me think. Oh! She also said she'll support me." His eyes light up as if he remembered something important.

"Support what?" 

"Support me in making you become my friend!" 

Her eyes rolls as she opens the door. The boy enters after her and close the door behind him. "I just told you not to roll your eyes!" He whines. "If you roll your eyes again I'll kiss you." He threatens.

"You're crazy." Mi Ra replied as she unintentionally doing the deed again. Her eyes widens to the size of a saucer when the boy leans in and plant a quick kiss on her cheek. 

"Yah!" She screamed as she wipes her cheek furiously, trying to get rid of his traces. 

"I live up to my words, Mi Ra. I will really kiss you whenever you roll your eyes. So if you want me to kiss you again, you can just roll your eyes; no words needed." He nods as if he's proud of himself. 

"You despicable, arrogant, horrible, terrible jerk." She scowls under her breath and she sits on the floor. Chanyeol tries to hide his grin but ended up smirking instead. "Stop smirking you despicable, arrogant, terrible jerk." She warns. 

"You missed out horrible." Chanyeol's expression betrays him and he finally let out the grin that he tried hiding. Mi Ra mumbled a few

Please log in to read the full chapter