001

Strangers to Soulmates
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Dad I'm home!" Mi Ra greets as soon as she closed the wooden door. "I'm in the kitchen Mi Ra-ah." Her dad answers. She throw her bag at the corner of the wall and runs to the kitchen. 

"What are you cooking?" She asks as she pours herself a cup of water. Leaning against the counter, she eyes her father's movement; him slicing the carrots into strips while humming a tune. "I'm making bibimbap for you." Her dad answers. He slices the final strip and gathers the strips into a bowl carefully. 

"For me? But dad, I could have just cook some noodles. You don't have to waste money for these ingredients." Mi Ra replies as she walks over to him.

"You can't always eat noodles, Mimi, you're still growing. Besides, you can bring this to school for lunch tomorrow. You think I don't know that you've been skipping lunches so you could save up your pocket money to pay for the bills, do you?" Her dad stops and gives her a look. 

"Erm, you caught me?" Mi Ra smiles sheepishly. Her dad shakes his head and clucks his tongue. "I'll be making lunches for you when I'm at home, so you don't have any excuse to skip lunch in school anymore."

"Helping you pay the bills were never a excuse, dad." She says softly. "But..." She hugs her father's arm. "I'll be the happiest girl on earth to eat the lunches you made for me."

"Aigoo," Her father ruffles Mi Ra's hair. "I'll pack this and keep it in the fridge. Remember to take it out and microwave it tomorrow morning, okay? I'll be going in the evening and back the next day or maybe the day after tomorrow. Be a good girl."

Mi Ra rolls her eyes. "Yes dad." She hugs him and smiles in his embrace. "Have a safe trip, dad. I'll see you when I see you."

 

 

 

Mi Ra jolts up when her alarm clock buzzed loudly. Rubbing away the sleepiness in her eyes, she gets off her bed and goes to do her morning routine. After she bath, she dries her hair and walks to the kitchen to heat up the bibimbap that her father instructed her to do so. She sets the timer to 5 minutes, the time that she has to leave the house. She goes back to her room and quickly wears her school uniform which consist of a white button down top, a navy blue skirt that end at two inches above her knees and a navy blue blazer to top it off. She never wears her tie because the very first time she wore it, it was suffocating, and since then, she has never wore it anymore, The teachers gave her warnings after warnings but they eventually stopped because they knew that Mi Ra obviously wasn't going to obey them. Nonetheless, her tie was stuffed inside her bag ever since because she didn't bother to take it out.

She hears the timer goes off and she paces back to the kitchen to retrieve the lunch box out from the microwave. She gingerly places it inside her bag and after wearing her shoes, she made her way to school. 

In school, she has a different personality compared when she was at home with her father. She has her poker face in school and never did she smile in school before. She knew that the students had her labelled 'ice girl' because of her cold exterior but she doesn't really care. No one dared to bully her because rumors had it said that she was the sister of the leader of a mafia gang. Mi Ra scoffed at the ridiculous rumor but since the rumors had an advantage to her, she decided to keep quiet about it. As long as the rumor doesn't include her parents especially her father, she didn't care about it.

As she walks into the class, a group of boys started whispering to each other. As the 'ice girl' she was, she continues to walk till she reaches her seat that was located beside the window. The seat next to her is empty because the students in her class were afraid to sit with her which Mi Ra doesn't mind at all. She likes being alone so all the better that no one sits with her. As she looks out of the window and observes the students below, a boy walks up to her. Seeing that the girl has no reaction, he clears his throat to seek her attention. Mi Ra slowly turns her head to the boy's direction and stares at him with a completely blank look an

Please log in to read the full chapter