CHAPTER FIVE

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked down at our feet walking in sync with each other's. Right now I wasn't even sure if I actually wanted to be walking next to him. I know most girls would kill to have the chance to just touch him and here I was, with my ungrateful , wanting to be anywhere but here. 

I mean...yes, I want to get to know him as someone other than "the dude who keeps haunting my dreams". But a bigger part of me was terrified of those dreams coming true. Because so far, none of them have actually been good. And right now, it looks like they're slowly starting to play out in real life. My mind flashed back to dream number two as we went down the stairs into the subway and stopped by the Metro Card machine. Jungkook didn't have one since he was being driven all over the city so I had to pay for his. He seemed fascinated at the fact that the card was just a bendy, flimsy piece of plastic. 

In the second dream, I was walking on my usual route to work when I hear the muffled screams and see the red light. Jungkook was probably at the end of that light but I never actually get to see him. My mind just naturally fills in any blanks with him. But the resemblence to how we first saw each other is too uncanny. I'm on my way to work, I have to weave through a screaming crowd, and then all of a sudden...BAM. He's right there in front of me. 

And then again today. Screaming crowd, a wild Jungkook appears, and now somehow he actually agreed to going back to my apartment with me after I offered out of politeness. That and he had no idea where he was going. When I asked him where his hotel was, he just gave me this incredibly blank stare. Either he had no idea what I was saying or he was actually lost.

"So explain to me how you got caught up in uhhhhh....all of that craziness?" I stepped onto the train and he followed behind like a lost dog. His eyes were wide and alert the entire time as he scanned his surroundings but they would always come back to me every few seconds. He actually looked a bit more relaxed now since there weren't any screaming fans chasing him down. It was just me and him and the other strangers on the train. And nobody seemed to recognize him.

"Pardon?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he leaned in closer. Yeah, I still have no idea how I was gonna communicate with him. His English is pretty basic and I have no Korean skills whatsoever. I was going to rephrase my question from before but the way he said "pardon" was too cute. I ended up letting a giggle escape from my lips. He looked even more confused after that. "What's funny?"
I shook my head, "Nothing. Just...the way you said pardon was interesting."
"Interesting? How?"
"Well for starters, no one really says pardon here. People usually just say excuse me."
"Ex....excuse me?" He said the word slowly as if testing it out. I nodded, giving him a small smile. "Yup. Like if someone was in your way and you need them to move, you would say 'excuse me'. Or if you need someone to repeat what they just said, you can also say 'excuse me'."
"Excuse me," he said again, this time with more confidence and an added nod. 
"So ummmm....how did you end up here?" I asked slowly, trying to rephra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter