CHAPTER ELEVEN

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seriously!? You slept with him!?" Soo screamed and jumped out of her seat, drawing every single eye that was in Bryant Park to her. I felt my face burst into flames. 
"Shhhhh shut up!" I pulled her back down, trying not to stuff the rest of my half eaten muffin into . "Dude, 'slept with' as in we just slept in the same bed. Nothing happened."
She cocked an eyebrow at me, "Oh really? You mean to tell me nothing happened while you were all cuddled up to your idol boyfriend in his hotel room the night before he had to leave to finish his tour?" She rolled her eyes, "Ok."

"Alright," I sipped my coffee, letting the caffeine do its job, "we kissed ok?"
"Mouth or cheek?"
"Both."

Soo let out a whoop, holding her hand in front of to muffle it a bit, "Dang girl. Y'all move fast."
"Well, not really. I mean it has been 3 years in the making I guess."
"But still," she tapped her finger on the table, staring at me intensly, "one day of actually knowing each other and you've already kissed him."
"For the record, he kissed me first."
"Fine, whatever," she waved her hand and shook her head. "He kissed you, you kissed him. Same thing. But still, you guys must really have something. He's usually pretty shy. Especially around girls."
It was my turn to raise an eyebrow, "How the heck do you know this?"
"Duh," she pointed at herself, "I'm a fan. I've seen like every video they've ever released. The boy can't even look a girl in the eye for longer than 3 seconds if he doesn't have to. He's grown up around guys for basically his entire life. Hence why I'm sayin, y'all must really have something strong."

Well, I guess I wouldn't describe it as strong per say. I mean don't get me wrong, it's definitely something. Who else can say they share weird, slightly prophetic dreams about the future or the past or whatever with a celebrity from a different country? It'd be nice if they weren't so....foreboding. 
After a few more minutes, Soo and I picked up our bags and threw away our trash, leaving the Bryant Park just as a group of tourist entered our area. I looked back at the little alcove section Jungkook and I had first met, feeling a new wave of emotions come on. I wondered what he was doing now. I wanted to call or text or something but I didn't want to seem too desperate either. If that was even a thing with us anymore. 

And just like that, 4 days passed with nothing. I was beginning to think that the past weekend was another dream I subconsciously put myself through until finally my phone screen lit up one night with his name flashing across it. I almost squealed.

"Hi!" his face popped up on my phone. He was sweaty and looked a bit tired but happy nonetheless. I smiled and waved. 
"Hey. Did you guys just finish your concert?" I noticed all the people behind him wearing black, scurrying around. A few hands popped into the frame, wiping his sweat and giving him water. A pang of jealousy hit me. I so badly wanted to be there with him.
"Yes! I'm tired but it was fun!"
"That's good," I replied in Korean, feeling super satisfied when his eyes grew wide with surprise. "You've been practicing?" he said, walking into a brighter room and sitting down on the couch. It was just him in the room. I shrugged, "Ehhh...a little. Mostly listening so I can understand what the frick you guys are saying in your little huddles."

He laughed, flicking his bangs out of his eyes. I saw little beads of sweat fly off and was sligthly grossed out but remembered how hard their dances were and that they also had to sing while doing them. After he left, I had Soo show me everything I needed to know: dance practices, V Lives, their Bangtan Bombs. Everything. She started from the beginning so it was like watching Jungkook grow up from boy to man in the span of 4 hours. I learned the members's names, their personalities, basically everything she could teach me before she had to travel to SoHo for a blind date her mom had set her up with (that apparently didn't go too well). I told Jungkook about what happened the past 4 days and he told me about what he's been up to. Our communication was a bit easi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter